Xmovewindow translation

Xlobby plugin development

Re: Qtips

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:44 pm

kolemieux wrote:Qtips - can u figure out how to size the window of ZoomPlayer to fit - I am fine on the fullscreen views but ZoomPlayer seems to be restricting how small I can make the window - kinda odd? This is even without a file playing. I use BTV and can make that video window micro sized....

Is there a param to unlock this u r aware of?

Thanks

don't remember,but you must change to videoonly with F7 and maybe change to minimalistic skin
here I can have video microsmall
QTips

Thanks

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:49 pm

Clearly u have it doing what I need - and thought you did. I need to double check my version as F7 does not give me anything - and I need to grab that skin.

There is hope because I will be feeling quite good if I can get to that point..... QUITE!!!! Let me know if there is anything else I need to check for on this front but THANS!!!!!!
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:51 pm

would it be possibel to split them to 2 commands ?
show
hide

No problem I will add them.

For the different problems, I find some tricks :

- the control bar :

you can show it as any other xmove drived window :
-create a text zone
- give it videocontrol_TControlForm.UnicodeClass as ID
- plugin>XMoveWindow>TControlForm.UnicodeClass as display
unfortunatly, it cannot be resized (I guess it is due to the fact that this is a bitmap)

- for the OSD : you can either make the same with TOSDForm.UnicodeClass

but I find a way to show it as the traditionnal OSD. I made a special version of the plugin : http://users.skynet.be/babdubo/temp2/XMoveWindow.dll
Note that it is a test version, where the OSD is hardcoded. I have to find a way to create a "secondary" window feature
badubo

Badubo is DA MAN

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:54 pm

Badubo - U R DA MAN.... No clue how to implement what u said but I will work to figure it out pal.

QTips will let us know if he beats me to it (-;

Thanks guys
Chris
kolemieux

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:58 pm

This is awesome work Babubo !!

I dl now and try it
I also avoid the mousefocusproblem...I just made the xmovewindow to a button and ticked it as default :oops:
QTips

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:27 pm

Seams like the link is broken
QTips

Postby badubo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:33 pm

badubo

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:47 pm

Got it now

Now I just made a fullscreen for milkdrop same way as video so I can exit with enter button :)
QTips

U guys?

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:17 pm

Ok - u guys know I am slow but eager (-;

Q and Badubo can you fill me in on these latest advancements. Qtips, if you could just let dload a fresh cut of your skin that may help best.

Sorry to be a burden and I am catching up just doing the best I can.

Thanks guys
Chris
kolemieux

Re: Qtips

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:30 pm

OK - got this one fixed - THANKS!!! Let me know if you've made an update to the skin on this front and what else I may look at per the progress with Badubo.

Thanks for the help on this front with the Video Only mode - big help.

Chris

QTips wrote:
kolemieux wrote:Qtips - can u figure out how to size the window of ZoomPlayer to fit - I am fine on the fullscreen views but ZoomPlayer seems to be restricting how small I can make the window - kinda odd? This is even without a file playing. I use BTV and can make that video window micro sized....

Is there a param to unlock this u r aware of?

Thanks

don't remember,but you must change to videoonly with F7 and maybe change to minimalistic skin
here I can have video microsmall
kolemieux

Badubo - a little guidance ...

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:01 am

Badubo,

I think I ran into what you were describing below - and did not understand the challenge until I reached it. Assume this very basic example for my testing purposes. I have an ID with ZoomPlayer running as I like in say the upper right of Screen1. I now want to move to Screen2, Screen3, and Screen4 - but want to alter the location of the Video Portal Window with each screen transition.

I clearly am misssing a piece here Badubo and think you tried to describe it below but sorry I did not catch on. I figure if you can help me tackle that basic example I will be fine with what I want to do.

I know Qtips is doing this but must be missing a piece, he has 1 - Lower Portal, 2 - FullScreen, 3 - TheOverlayControls Screen. I just can't seem to make a new screen and understand the logic.

Thanks for the help Badubo
Chris

badubo wrote:- register is actually not used, it's future purpose will be to allow to change the window of an ID :

example :

you create a zone with the ID and display with a "fake" window : myWindow, then with register you tell the plugin that myWindow is Zoomplayer or Media Player Classic. That allows the skins to be more generics

- Lock/Unlock with the window ID as argument (the one you put after screen_ in the text ID) allow to tell the plugin to always put this window to its container or not. usefull if you want to put zomplayer in fullscreen :
-unlock ZP
-Set ZP fullscreen
-use it
-Set ZP windowed
-Lock ZP
These feature is reseted each time you change the screen

-toggle "ID" is a switch calling unlock the first time then lock, ....
-showhide "ID" switch the window as visible (normal) then invisible (in fact put it in background). Works only if the window has a container in the current screen.
kolemieux

Re: Badubo - a little guidance ...

Postby badubo on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:38 am

kolemieux wrote:Badubo,

I now want to move to Screen2, Screen3, and Screen4 - but want to alter the location of the Video Portal Window with each screen transition.

simply create your screens as if they are independant. You justa have to create a text zone with the correct ID-Display on each

The plugin detects the screen change and adapt the window position automatically (within about 1s).
badubo

Postby QTips on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:44 pm

badubo

I tried the new plugin now,I got it to work with OSD just nice for the first run,but after next run it fills the rectangel with green which is visibel until I give a command to zoomplayer which overwrites it.

will you also separate show/hide commands with your next release please :)
QTips

Postby badubo on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:19 pm

Hi, for the OSD, didi you test with TOSDForm.UnicodeClass trick ?

My explanations were certainly not clear, I explained two possibilities (one, the TOSDForm.UnicodeClass container with the regular plugin) and the second with a modified plugin where you have nothing to change for the OSD. My (very quickly) tests showed the same behaviour as the "normal" OSD.

will you also separate show/hide commands with your next release please

It's done, I will probably update it today. But I must be sure that the modif for OSD is working
badubo

Badubo & Qtips

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:23 pm

Qtips - the odd filling is one of the things that I ran into, meaning my video portal window would show perhaps the left upper corner of the video window...? I thought it was something I was doing wrong and now am making a tiny guess this is some of the changes in the .dll?

Badubo - That was why I had asked the question to be sure I was creating the screens properly. Can u tell me if all i need to do is have

1 - The added text box in my screen with an Id of sorts - I.e. VIDEO1

2 - In the textbox the appropriate Plugin>XmoveWindow ... syntax

And there is no other assosciation the the VIDEO1.

Like I said I had trouble when I created the screens on my own vs Qtips where the Video would only show the upper left of the portal (Q have u seen this - I spent 5 hours on it last night). I worked quite a bit with Q's skin so felt like I understood the logic.

Just let me know guys - sorry for the stupid questions.
Chris
kolemieux

PreviousNext