XRemote : new plugin for girder

Xlobby plugin development

Postby suutar on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:45 am

cinOxen wrote:Personally I think it is easier to give zoomplayer its own commands directly through girder.

I realized that nothing else (besides the Music page) uses pause/ffw/rewind/play/stop, so I wound up just making zoomplayer control the default action for those buttons, and now it doesn't care which page it's on. Works nicely :)
And I thought of it because of this suggestion. Thanks!
suutar

Postby abobader on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:41 am

Hi,

Any update yet instead of using "workaround" for girder 4?

My best
abobader

Re: XRemote : new plugin for girder

Postby bmblank on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:57 am

Hi, I'm new to girder. After some frustration with the default usbuirt plugin (which I was happy with except for the lack of response) I finally decided to try girder. With some frustration. Finally got it "working" though. My concern is with multiple remotes. Is it even possible with girder/xremote? The way it looks is I have to manually open girder and change gml files for a different remote, and then on top of that it looks like xremote only has support for 1 remote. I'm confident that a way I can get around it is to just program my multiple remotes in 1 gml file, but if I were to want to use a shift button, I could only set it on one remote.

I guess this is mostly a request with a couple questions scattered in there.
Decent plugin though. I still have most of my hair after a couple hours of starting to play with it.
bmblank

Postby badubo on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:26 am

XRemote is not "directly" related to a remote, it depends only of girder command.
If you want to be able to use several remotes (i.e. 2), you can learn both remotes for each button in the .gml (I think it is possible with girder).
badubo

Postby bmblank on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Basically neither girder nor xremote would know that the two separate remotes are separate.
I'm not to sure, but did I remember that there could only be one shift button or was it that a shift button can only have one function (the shift function)? I know the second one is true, I'm just wondering if I got confused.
bmblank

Postby badubo on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:57 pm

Can you exactly explain what you want to do ?
badubo

Postby slaman on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:13 am

I'm a bit confused with this feature:
- You can assign to a button a different event for each screen in xlobby

Currently, my remote controls Winamp. If Winamp is not open, then my remote controls MPC. The problem is, whenever Xlobby is loaded, Winamp is loaded... therefore, I can't control MPC/movies.

How do I set it up so that when I'm in the Movies screen, the remote controls MPC, and when in the Music screen, the remote controls Winamp?

I don't have Girder set up - the remote is a Logitech diNovo and somehow is able to control MPC and Winamp using Logitech's Setpoint software...

Do I need to setup Girder to do this?
slaman

Postby badubo on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:41 am

- you must use girder (and girder must be the only program dealing with your remote)
- you must control all actions (winamp, MPC, xlobby,...) from xlobby events and not directly.
badubo

Postby bmblank on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:23 am

Not entirely true. Xlobby is packaged with a USBUIRT plugin which you'd have to set up. I've been having some difficulties getting it to work, so I've been trying girder. Alot of people here like using girder and xremote instead of the old usbuirt plugin.
bmblank

Postby slaman on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:08 pm

bmblank wrote:Not entirely true. Xlobby is packaged with a USBUIRT plugin which you'd have to set up. I've been having some difficulties getting it to work, so I've been trying girder. Alot of people here like using girder and xremote instead of the old usbuirt plugin.

I'm using the old usbuirt plugin... works fine for me other than the control of MPC/Winamp issue...

Hmm, so if I use Girder, I have to disable Logitech's Setpoint? Or, can I just install Girder and program it for whatever I need?
slaman

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:07 am

badubo, are you still able to work on the plugin?

it breaks down when an overlay is shown over another overlay... it ends up being on the wrong screen.

I had the same problem on one of my plugins, part of it was causewd by xlobby CAPITALISING screen names some of the time...
S Pittaway

Postby badubo on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 am

ok, I will handle this issue (it's more complicated because 2 overlays are not allowed in XRemote)
Seems also that some features are broken depending of the version used.
badubo

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:03 pm

If it helps i am on the latest pay-lobby but i did not notice any difference in behaviour between this and the last free-lobby releases...

Not sure if you already do, but trimming and fixing the case of the screen/overlay names reported on the change event got rid of a lot of funnies in my plugins.

Anyway, cheers for having a look at it - for now i have simply tried to avoid multiple overlays :)

BTW, its a very useful plugin and makes xlobby a lot more usable with a remote control!
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:24 am

did you ever get chance to look at this?

i have been avoiding using more than one overlay but it makes the skin more complicated :)
S Pittaway

Postby badubo on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Hello,

Sorry I completely forgot to update the link :(

I corrected the behaviour of having several overlays.
I also improved the SMS like stuff, you can now use it to jump in a category (an overlay showing the character is also displayed)
see the first post to download it

I'm also finishing a new plugin (XVirtualEvents) that will allow to extend the features of Xremote by allowing to use conditional events. ;)
badubo

PreviousNext