Skin for fun.

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Skin for fun.

Postby Colby on Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:33 am

Well a few of you know I am a SkinEngineer. ;) Well I was cleaning my HD today and I found some skins I started and never finished. (it takes a lot of time to finish a skin). Well I thought I would show you all some of my work I did in times past. It obvioulsy isnt all of the skin, but these screens should show some of my intentions. Enjoy the show. lol

This is a screenshot from my very first skin I made when i was new. It was the base of my BluezSkin.

This skin was a redo of the HeavyMetal skin. Baddabing later adopted my carbon look and made it his own.

A long time ago I mocked up a splash and menu for Jowaldo while he was developing his first skin. This was what I came up with.

I did one time change the colors and graphics of the visual skin. I think it was a bit much, and he didnt really like it.

This was an idea for Baddabing on his KISS skin. I quickly mocked up to demonstrate, as he was developing that skin.

This was a recent skin I was making to replace Steven's Ugly orange default skin. I didnt change any structure just replaced his graphics with new ones.

This comes from a screensaver I have. I thought it would make a cool skin. Something ancient and mid-evil in style. I created this one again as a graphical replacement of Steven's default skin.

When I got my Xbox360 I thought about making a skin inspired by it. I call this skin Platinum. I wasnt to happy with it so I stopped work on it.

Maybe you have seen this in a recent post; We were talking about retro pop art, and I made this bright and colorful mockup. Nothing to inspiring but it is a different look.

This is one of the hobby skins I am most proud of. And it is furthest along than any of them. I have created lots of functional graphics for this skin to reproduce the game and be functioning xlobby skin. Its obvious what inspired it and if your are familiar with the game this will look familar to you. This skin navigates and operates very well I realize. I only stopped because I have no need for this skin, I was only challenging myself to do it.

There is obviously more graphics and pages to most of these skins which are not shown. I have done other skins which I cant show because I sold them. I also have my own skin I use that is very different than all of these. I have to iron out some bugs before I release. I suppose I wont continue any of the skins above, because unless Im getting paid I dont have time to do them. Its a shame too, cause I have made hundreds of buttons and graphics for them and never get to see them. Anyway I thought I would show & tell before I deleted everything.
Colby

Postby bfauska on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:32 am

Colby,

What about posting some of the graphic and button files only so that those of us with less computer graphic skills can have a sort of collection to pull from. I am particularly interested in the visuals from the screensaver inspired skin. I realy enjoy that look and could picture lots of different screens from it. I know that creating a totaly functional skin takes too much time, but it seems a waste to delete things that you have allready created, and if it were only the graphics that you shared you wouldn't have to support it at all.

Just a thought, wishfull thinking I suppose, but if you havent deleted them all yet maybe you would consider it.

Thanks for your time and even if you don't share, I wanted you to know that all of those examples look like great work, good job.

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby dalanik on Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:22 am

I did one time change the colors and graphics of the visual skin. I think it was a bit much, and he didnt really like it.

Hey, I liked it! :-) But IMHO, some things just look good on PC monitor, don't look good on TV.

Now, if you can send me those cool buttons, I can try changing the greens into blue, that'd look much better IMHO... :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby bfauska on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:19 am

Colby, I would still love to have access to any buttons and other images you created for the midevil looking one, but if that isn't going to happen would you be cool with me using the image you posted here as a starting point for my own skin?

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby vicom on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:30 pm

i want a piece of Colb's brain :-).. nice stuff
vicom