Plug-ins

Xlobby plugin development

Plug-ins

Postby senovak on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:45 am

Is there a list anywhere of all the plug-ins and what they do?
senovak

Postby Colby on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:36 am

Good Idea.
Maybe We could make that list on this thread:

USB-UIRT Plugin A plugin that allows integration with USB-Universal Infered Reciever Transmitter. When used with a USB-UIRT, one can create triggers as events to signal other devices wirelessly.

XVis Plugin A visualization plugin that you to display a graphical spectrum and visualization window in xlobby, independantly of the player used. It is based on the BASS library.

Foobar Plugin A plugin that enables communication with the Foobar player. This plugin allows Xlobby to speak to Foobar behind the scenes.

CDEX A CD Ripping Plugin used to extract audio files from a cd and save them to a drive and import to an Xlobby database. The CDEX plugin retrieves album/track titles to embed into the audio files ripped.

Xweather A weather plugin that retrieves information from the and displays it in text and graphics. Standard weather info as well as radar images and weather illustrations are possible.

Xoapweather A weather plugin that retrieves information from the weather channel. It displays different information than the original weather integration. It allows for custom variable naming, and warning ticker. Standard weather info as well as radar images and weather illustrations are possible.It is an alternative to the Xweather Plugin.

Xstats A plugin that shows computer information, such as disk size, speed, usage etc. It also can show graphical statistics of the system.

XMoveWindow A plugin that allows a windowed program to "peek" through Xlobby for a more seemless intgration of programs. You can specify the size and location of the window to run background programs, or parts of programs, such as winamp's visualization.

Xscrollbar A plugin that creates an image to visually simulate a scrollbar for a category. Not currently an active scrollbar, just an image that changes position and/or size depending on the navigation of an Xlobby category.

Xevent An plugin that allows you to schedule events or triggers for certain dates and times. The events can be repeating or one time. Useful for creating things as sleep timers, alarm clocks.

Xclock A plugin that displays a round analog clock.

xCallerID plugin A plugin that retrieves Caller ID information on incoming calls and can retain information in a database. It shows who is calling on an overlay within XLobby. Can associate with personal images.
Colby

Postby senovak on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:57 am

Thats a great start but I thought there were some that pulled DVD covers off the net or do I do that with my player? Also, what about links to those plug-ins?
senovak

Postby dalanik on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:10 am

senovak wrote:Thats a great start but I thought there were some that pulled DVD covers off the net or do I do that with my player? Also, what about links to those plug-ins?

Those are spiders, not plugins, even though you can use Ant Movie Catalog to d/l covers, and then use XAnt plugin to get them to XLobby....

D.
dalanik

Postby senovak on Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:46 am

Where do I find spiders?
senovak

Postby Vaporware on Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:29 am

Wow.. thanks for the list. Now if you could add pointers to where the files are that would be great. Also if your message was a top sticky so others can find it I think it go a long way for new users.

Tom :)
Vaporware

Postby dgemily on Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:10 pm

senovak wrote:Where do I find spiders?

here : http://www.xlobby.com/spiders.zip
and there : http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3640

Vaporware,
you can find also some plugins here : http://www.xlobby.com/plugins
and the french release and plugins there : http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1979
dgemily