NEW UPDATED - DVD Decrypter plugin by AZ5

Xlobby plugin development

Re: NEW UPDATED - DVD Decrypter plugin by AZ5

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 am

To start, have the following text fields in your "rip" screen:
plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>elapsed
plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>remaining
plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>space
plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>profile - change profiles as defined in the plugin config page
plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>message
plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>percentage
plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>state

They're pretty self explanitory.

I have the following events defined:
Code: Select all
load dvddecryptor
 -command event using the XLDVDImportPlugin
 - Command: start

I used this command when entering the rip screen, much like how I load CDEX when entering the CD rip screen. Not sure if it does anything, but doesn't hurt.

toggle dvdrip mode
 - command event using the XLDVDImportPlugin
 - Command: toggle

This event is associated to a button that will toggle through the different profiles saved.

start dvd rip
 - command event using the XLDVDImportPlugin
 - Command: start

This event is associated to a button that will start the rip process. This I find actually loads DVD Decryptor.

To configure the plugin, I will try and define the setting in the configure screen:
Profile: the name and selection of different profiles stored

Drive: location of DVD drive

Destination: the folder location to store the rip

Mode: select either file stucture mode, IFO mode (DVD standard), or ISO image mode (mount image to view movie).

Split: split the movie to multiple locations

Naming: not sure, but I'm sure it's mentioned in the "how to"

Event: not sure, but I'm sure it's mentioned in the "how to"

Check off "Save DVD Decryptor settings" should you want to keep a new profile.

The button to "Start DVD Decryptor" will verify the location of Decyrptor.

That's about it. I load in a disk, and like I mentioned above, not to much happens. I then click on to start the rip, and Decyrptor loads and starts on its own.

Hope this was helpful
Marbles_00

Postby Neil on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:06 am

Hi Marbles

That is exactly how my screen is setup, but no luck. When I configure the plugin, and select start dvd decrypter it starts, but from my dvd import page in my skin nothing happens when I pres the start button on the skin.

What version of .net are you using - I am using v2
What version of DVD Decrypter are you using?

Is there a *.dll file that needs to be copied into the DVD Decrypter's directory to make it communicate with Xlobby like Foobar?

Thanks for the help so far

Neil
Neil

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 am

What version of .net are you using - I am using v2

I've got version 2 running for sure. I'm not sure if I have 1.1 as well (not at that particular computer), but I will check when I can. Running both won't hurt anything.

What version of DVD Decrypter are you using?

Version 3.5.4 - if I recall that was the last distributed version of that software.

Is there a *.dll file that needs to be copied into the DVD Decrypter's directory to make it communicate with Xlobby like Foobar?

I didn't copy any files from one location to another.

That computer is also running Win2k SP4, but I don't think it has anything to do with the OS as you are able to start Decryptor from the plugin config. It has to do with your individual screen setup. Again, I'm not in front of that computer, but will check the screen setup when I get a chance.
Marbles_00

Postby shmuck2002 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi guys, I just wanted to take a minute to post on this topic, for anyone who may be having trouble with the DVD Decrypter plugin - I know this thread is old, but I also know that I'm not the only one who had problems with this plugin. I had the same symptoms that many had: set up the plugin, have all the correct versions of DVD Decrypter, the right build of the plugin itself, the right build of xLobby, and the right .NET framework and when you try to get the plugin to talk to DVD Decrypter, simply nothing happens.

Fret no more - the fix is actually exceedingly simple, but just not explicitly specified in the setup readme.

in xLobby, go to your F2 setup, and go into the configuration of the DVD Decrypter plugin. set up the Default profile, and you MUST specify an output path (example: C:\Media\DVD\[DISC_NAME]). Make sure you have the "[DISC_NAME]" in all caps. what this does is uses the actual Name of the DVD title as the folder name when it encrypts. if you DO NOT do this, it will write the VOB's directly to the root of the folder you specify, which is a problem, and also creates the problem you see earlier in this thread, where if you CANCEL partway through the rip, it DELETES your entire directory, and any files/folders in there!! if you use this format, you will not have any trouble. While the rip is running, you will see that it creates a temp folder based on date/time, once completed it renames it to the DVD title.

OK, back on topic - set that path as described, then checkmark the box at the bottom "Save DVD Decrypter settings", THEN - make sure you click on SAVE, right underneath the profile drop0-down box. Close out, restart xLobby, and if you just use the sample xml page supplied with the plugin, it will work. You do not launch DVD Decrypter seperately, xLobby does this for you. When you start ripping, you will briefly see DVD Decrypter go to the foreground then it goes to the background and is hidden. all of the plugin variables work as advertised.

You can also configure (in the setup of the plugin itself) under the Event field, if you select an event there, it will run that after the ripping is completed. I am currently using that to show/hide my progress bar of the ripping process, eject the DVD, and we're working on (with much frustration) having it auto spider the newly ripped movie so it will insert into the DVD database, basically idiot-proofing the whole DVD ripping process.

If anyone needs additional help, please contact me, as my brother and I learned way more about this whole process than we ever cared to know, and would be more than happy to assist in any way we can.
shmuck2002

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:50 am

I haven't played too much lately with this plugin, as I'm still getting parts to assemble my HTPC box, and decided to put this aside until the day that I start ripping my DVD library on that machine...but I must give you many thanks for the "[DISC_NAME]" tip. Boy when that canceled rip/delete whole directory fault happened...I was pissed. This will be a godsent.

Thanks again.
Marbles_00

Postby shmuck2002 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:15 pm

You're welcome Marbles, I hope this info was helpful to you. I would be happy to provide sample .xml's and eventgroups dir's if you need Help later on.

Also, I am happy to report that I was able to successfully auto spider the DVD after ripping. This works seamlessly!! Basically the process is, you put in a DVD, it asks you if you want to play or copy, if you choose copy, it rips with DVD decrypter, then when it's done it ejects the disk, and pulls the spider data, and if the first one it comes up with is the one you want, you just press enter and it stores it. otherwise you can click left or right to scroll thru the other options.

Notes on DVD spidering:
A few "gotcha's" my brother and I came across when writing the spidering events and overlays. The trick is to use the imput field as the variable "button>input", which will get the correct title of the DVD, then if you want to preview the text data that the spider pulls, you just use variable "category>spider>info" that shows everything - title, rating, runtime, and plot. After setting this up, I found it was very straightforward, and nearly impossible to break, if someone pops a DVD in and wants to rip it. All goes back to the concept of keeping it very simple on the front-end, with as few end-user inputs as possible.

I can also provide samples of that if anyone likes, just PM me or post.
shmuck2002

Postby Thisshouldbeme on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:59 pm

I would love to have a look at the auto spidering xml's. I am having a heck of a time getting mine to work. I suspect it's the spiders that I am using.
Thisshouldbeme

Postby shmuck2002 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:42 pm

No problem - I am out of town on business this week, when I get back next week I'll package up that part of my skin and post it for you.

If you suspect it is just your spider sources, you can just search the forums for "updated spiders" and use the amazon.com one. There are a few tricks to make it work successfully, one of them being that you have to use the button>input variable to pass the title of the DVD to the spider search. I also recall from my early work on this, that there are several variables from the returned spider data that are not documented, such as the text data (genre, rating, runtime, synapsis, etc), which I have properly placed in my skin. Also, the way it passes the album art cover from the spider results to the category is the reason I have such little hair, so I will definitely help you out with that piece as well!

I'm subscribed to this thread, so if you do not hear back from me early next week, give a "bump" in this thread to remind me!

--Joe in Bend
shmuck2002

Postby capecodscot on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:21 pm

+1
capecodscot

Previous