XNetflix www

Xlobby plugin development

New update?

Postby scrow on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:11 am

Hello, I am new to Xlobby and am still learning the basics. I was wondering if it is possible to get an update which includes the HD-DVD category. I think this is a great plug-in and cant wait to get it set up.

Thanks for your hard work!
scrow

Postby Atlas on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:05 am

Yeah that should be easy enough. I didn't know they had added that as a category. Thanks. Let me look at it over the weekend. I left the code in the middle of some enhancements (mainly error checking). I'll need to clean that up and add the HD stuff. Hopefully I can release a new version by the end of the weekend...but no promises! :)
Atlas

Postby Schroeder on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 pm

Sorry to Hijack this thread. :cry: But I seem to be having problems with my netflix plugin. I tried to edit the skin to match the heavy metal skin. However I don't know if that's what broke it. I never had it working in the first place.
Can anyone help.
Schroeder

Postby scrow on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:49 am

Schroeder, Same here. My problem is that I only receive one or two movies. I followed the directions that someone else was having with a similar problem, no luck. I even un-installed everything and started over from scratch thinking that I messed up something, still no luck. I am hoping that the updated patch will help. Sorry I cant offer any help, good luck.
scrow

update

Postby Schroeder on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:35 pm

OK now it seems to be giving me feedback. It is now saying retrieving queue. However it never seems to go anyhwre from there. almost like it is hanging there. I have checked the Cache folder and it apears to be populating. Maybe I'm just being impatient right now. I'll give it some time and see where it goes from here. OF course the last time i set up this pluging on a test machine I don't recall it taking this long to download the queue or any otrher info for that matter.

Any Suggestions Atlas? (by the way, thanks for a great plugin!!)

Also Netflix will be offering movie downloads around June or so. Would it be possible to adapt this plugin to control that as well? Or do you think that would take a whole new plugin?(i guess we would really have to wait and see how they go about their delivery)
Schroeder

Postby Atlas on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:40 am

OK guys, I think the new patch will help. I found an area in my code that didn't handle a recent change to their html pages. They have added several new sections to the pages that won't be there for every movie. I was also getting the hanging....depends on the movies in your queue. That is some of the error checking code I mentioned before. Still looks like I can get the patch out by tomorrow evening.

I can't comment on the download. I'm sure there will be some sort of additional login/security something that would need an new plugin or at least a new section of coding.
Atlas

Postby scrow on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:18 am

Atlas,

Thanks for looking into this.
scrow

Postby Schroeder on Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Thats good to hear, I'll patiently be awaiting this new patch.
BTW Atlas, YOU ROCK!! 8)
Thanks so much.
Schroeder

Postby Atlas on Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:55 am

Released new version 0.5. See first post.
Atlas

Postby scrow on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Hey man, just wanted to let you know that it is working great now. Thanks again !
scrow

Postby Schroeder on Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Works for me too. Thanks for taking the time to update it. You're the best
Schroeder

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:09 pm

Great job Atlas!!!
Question: Would it be possible to add a function into the netflix plugin that would allow us to search the netflix database (vis a search netflix button) and add the movie to our queue? I find myself talking to friends about a movie they just watched and wanting to add it to my queue right away so I don't forget. This would be a great addition for me, not sure about anyone else???

Also, is it possible to add saved movies into the list of personalized feeds?

Thanks for all your hard work!!!
sharp_1

Postby Atlas on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:28 am

Thanks guys! Glad it's working

sharp_1:

Well I already have some code in there (not workable) to handle a search. I have to brush up on skinning as I need to be able to get a abc overlay and pass the typed in info to the plugin, then return the results in a category, etc. So in summary it's in the works, just got to get motivated to finish it! :)

Not sure what saved movies are? I only handle whatever is in the RSS feeds. That is where I get the list of movies and there id. Can you tell me where it is on the site and I can answer better if it is possible or not.
Atlas

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:34 am

View a screenshot of my queue screen here:
I hope you are able to add the saved movies and search options, it would make this plugin even more awesome!!!
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Atlas:
Would there be a way to save a netflix movie to your movie.xml direct from the netflix screen? Not sure what that would entail but sure would take the need for dvdpro away and make it easier to maintain the xl movie db. I also really like the rating system that netflix uses with detailed description of why the rating is what it is.

I also would like to see if I could take a stab at building a plugin for xl, could you point me in a good direction on how I could learn how to do so? Thanks!!!
sharp_1

PreviousNext