YouTube plugin?

Xlobby plugin development

YouTube plugin?

Postby dalanik on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:43 pm

I've been experimenting a bit with this, and it seems that the job would be pretty straightforward, would anyone be interested in integrating youtube? The only problem would be that it would have to display videos through browser, since there is no player which can play macromedia....

So far I've managed to convert xml file youtube produces to xlobby database and make selected video play in xlobby web browser semi-automatically (whatever that means) :-) combined with wget or some .NET method it should be easy to grab search results and display 'em as category inside xlobby...

D.
dalanik

Re: YouTube plugin?

Postby dgemily on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 pm

oh yeah that could be nice!!! I have been thinking about integrate Youtube, dailymotion and google video, but the problem as you said is the flash player!!!!
anyway, I would love to see that in xlobby !!!

ps: about flashplayer, http://musicovery.com can be also a nice integration !!! for the moment I can manage it using a web browser window + my touchscreen. but if we can find another way to use it, that could be nice too !!!
dgemily

Postby buymeapc on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:27 pm

I have actually created this for myself, but unfortunately it is not a plugin, but an executable that uses command line switches. I can post a link to it when I get home and instructions on how to use it.

Please keep in mind, though I am a novice at this.
I'll keep you guys posted 8)
buymeapc

Postby dalanik on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:01 pm

Couldn't let this one alone :-) and I already made little proggy to download list of videos from Youtube and right now it is writing a database in xlobby format with list of videos by search criteria. Works great, and was pretty easy to program. Now all I need to do is repack that exe into xlobby plugin...

D.
dalanik

Postby dalanik on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:10 pm

I got it all in xlobby plugin and it's working great. All I need to do now is make a demo skin and events... figure out how to link local file into xlobby browser and.... :-) probably tomorrow...

for brave souls that want to play... could be buggy! :-)

http://xlobby.lanik.org/XUTube.dll

D.
dalanik

Postby hvs69 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:58 pm

Dalanik,

Thanks for the plugin.

Actually, I was writing a similar plugin and most of the pieces were working fine but I ran into some specific problems which I posted on the "Developer" section.

Now that there is a working plugin, I will abandon my efforts. But, I would be very interested in looking at your source code to improve my coding skills, if you don't mind.

You can email me hiren.v.shah(at)gmail.com

Thanks.
hvs69