xPad Place Holder

Check here for the latest news on what is going on

Re: xPad Place Holder

Postby lar282 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:03 pm

wesblack wrote:Steven is working on xPad related items everyday. He is making progress on the categorys and screen overlays. The latest bleeding edge release has some fixes and improvements. Let me look at mantis :)

Wes Black \ Calrad

No doubt he's working, he is always working -:)
What I ment was kind of. -"keep us in the loop maybe, cause we do not know if it's a bug or if Steven knows about it and is fixing it" -:)
lar282

Postby CouchPotatoe on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:31 pm

How do you download the bleeding edge releases Wes, which are updated nearly daily I believe ?

There is the standard release that appears every couple of months via the My xLobby > Downloads - which is currently an end of Oct one so wouldn't have these later changes you mention above.

K
CouchPotatoe

Postby lar282 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:06 am

CouchPotatoe wrote:How do you download the bleeding edge releases Wes, which are updated nearly daily I believe ?

There is the standard release that appears every couple of months via the My xLobby > Downloads - which is currently an end of Oct one so wouldn't have these later changes you mention above.

K

Alt-F2
update
advanced
bleeding
install

-:)

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:30 am

wesblack wrote:Steven is working on xPad related items everyday. He is making progress on the categorys and screen overlays. The latest bleeding edge release has some fixes and improvements. Let me look at mantis :)

Wes Black \ Calrad

Like I said somewhere else, there is no doubt he's working or making progress. Steven is the best programmer out there -:)
It's just that we people on the forum doesn't have a clue what's going on or what bugs are working on, or what features are approved to make it live, or what prio you are working on. It's fine if u say that we do not have a say in this at all, I mean it's not a public software, I do understand that, but since we do have access to Mantis we can see that it is not, hmm, beeing used that much. too many unnasigned, no prio, no dates, confrimed bug, and so on.

example: http://xlobby.com/mantis/view_all_bug_p ... ilter=2528
all unassigned..: http://xlobby.com/mantis/view_all_bug_p ... ilter=2528

//Lasse
lar282

Postby wesblack on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Yeah this last 1-2 months has been difficult, we have lots of projects going on. We are trying to make a big push for the xPad platform inside xLobby and this has taken Steven off other things like updating Mantis, don't worry every new bleeding edge release does have bug fixes and improvements. This month is tough to because we are getting ready for CES, for the first time xLobby will have it's own booth and not share it with the Calrad booth. Mantis is still being used and yes all of you on this forum are important to us and we do care what you say just so you know.....! xLobby would not be what it is today without all the loyal users here.

The Mantis area will be more organized and updated after the first of the year.

Wes Black \ Calrad
Last edited by wesblack on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks Wes for updating us.

Good luck at CES and I bet people will be blown away -:)

//Lasse
lar282

Postby billberet on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Yea, good luck at CES, do us proud !!!
:)
billberet

Postby larryep on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:25 am

Wes Black

The xpad looks nice. i am thinking of a andriod tablet.

Good luck at CES!!!!

Larry ep
larryep

xPad webserver Ipad Update

Postby wesblack on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Here are some updates on the xPad webserver system for Ipads and portable web enabled devices.

The first item I want to address is that users should always check their devices and make sure you have the most current O.S. available. This well insure that if you need to post issues on the forum regarding this platform that it is not your out dated O.S. that is causing the issue.

Progress for the xPad Web Server platform.

1. The search capabilities are fully implemented in the current V3 bleeding edge release.
2. Improved performance and page loading times.
3. Improved Wi-Fi error handling and connection updates.
4. Skin editor improvements for creating basic RS232 and IR control menus.
5. New Client Side Stats under Setup, Web Server. This feature shows connection errors under normal use that helps determine the reliability and stability of the connection using the xPad webserver and Wi-Fi as a control system. More details will be available on this new feature soon.
wesblack

Previous