Help! Erased Movie database

Help each other out

Help! Erased Movie database

Postby nrj0122 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:40 am

Iv'e been using xlobby-free version simplicity for sometime now, decided to look at some of the options within the F2 settings screen-now I wish I left alone!

There are 3 databases Music,Pictures, and Movies.

Having problem with the movies database

Hit F2, went to "databases" on side of set up screen, went to "import tab"-at this point I remember the template saying "movies" or "movie" and below that under the "general" tab the "template name" also saying "movies" or "movie". For some reason I decided to change template name to something else. Now my "movie" template is gone or blank, and when I go back to original database tab and try to import or refresh, my movies database-Nothing Happens! And to make matters worse, I somehow erased what movies that were in the database (there still on my HD), but I have no movies to pick from now to watch from main menu.

The other 2 databases (pictures, and music) work fine and import fine.

Please help with how I can fix this.
nrj0122

Re: Help! Erased Movie database

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Could be something is corrupt with a movie tag. Go through all your movies (sucks I know) and verify that they are tagged properly. Not sure as I personally use ANT and the XANT plugin...and not the internal xlobby import structure.

I may also be how that database is setup to import. You can look at the settings under Setup/Databases/Import. Select the movie template and look at the Import Type, and DVD Profiler Settings. If you don't use Profiler, then change that to ignore. If you do use Profiler, then make sure the Folder and XML settings are correct.

Hope that helps.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:23 pm

Find the movies.xml file you renamed and change the name back to movies.xml. Then make sure you reboot xl and the database should show up. You should be able to find the file under c:\xlobby\databases and change the name from there.
sharp_1

Postby nrj0122 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:28 pm

ok thanks-I'll give that a try tonight-arrgghhh-how frustrating-hope this works.
nrj0122