Jowaldo's skin 2.0 screenshots - updated 5-18-06

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby jowaldo on Thu May 18, 2006 8:26 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:Looking really good. I like your sorting methodology. This is going to be a great skin to learn from that is for sure. 8)

I also like the rough background look you have when an overlay is open...really nice effect. 8) I'm assuming that was done with Photoshop as I've never seen an option in Xlobby to do something like that.

Sorry :( , still kinda partial on the green buttons, but I do like the blue ones :) used in the filter screen. To me, they are still easily noticeable, but merge better with the background imagery.

Looking forward to trying this out. :D

David

Yeah thats what I was talking about with the green buttons.. I'm going to be working on them quite a bit... Those blue buttons are newer ones I created and I think I'm gonna go with that theme, but maybe have some sort of green tho when its highlighted (which doesn't even matter for touchscreen people like me tho)

and yeah that background effect is done with photoshop...
jowaldo

Postby abobader on Thu May 18, 2006 10:56 pm

Hi,

Sure the blue buttons (newer) look nice, but I still think the green one stand out "nicely", it make the background-blue theme in general look great.

My best.
abobader

Postby jowaldo on Thu May 18, 2006 11:00 pm

abobader wrote:Hi,

Sure the blue buttons (newer) look nice, but I still think the green one stand out "nicely", it make the background-blue theme in general look great.

My best.

Yeah, I'm still not sure which ones will be default, but there will always be the screen to customize which ones you want... ;)
jowaldo

Postby briands on Fri May 19, 2006 7:37 pm

Is there a screen to view / edit the queue?

Will there be a way to save the current queue as a playlist?

Are you planning radio support?
briands

Postby jowaldo on Fri May 19, 2006 9:44 pm

briands wrote:Is there a screen to view / edit the queue?

Will there be a way to save the current queue as a playlist?

Are you planning radio support?

Yes, yes and yes :D

the first two options are already working great, and I was actually adding radio support today

also I'm working being able not to just load a playlist, but to add a playlist to the current queue
jowaldo

Postby tka on Thu May 25, 2006 8:29 pm

This looks great, when will you post your current version? I know you would like it perfect, but maybe if you post a version now we can give you some feedback before it's all finished.

Keep up the great work!
tka

Postby cooldog on Thu May 25, 2006 8:34 pm

I second that motion!
cooldog

Postby jowaldo on Thu May 25, 2006 10:13 pm

I totally understand why you want it posted now, and I know its can be frustrating to wait, but right now the main thing I'm waiting for is to have Steven fix just a few bugs in xlobby and add one feature, that would bring everything together..

Once he gets those things fixed, which I'm sure will happen before my skin is done, I will post what I have at that point.

Right now the skin as is, it would cause confusion, until the bugs get fixed and new features added.

Good news though, I've got more than just the music screens now. And they do pretty much everything I want them to with no problems. I just need to clean some up (things can get messy at times ;) )

Also I'm workin on the ppc screens too... which should go by fast, since I have the regular screens and etc worked out, it doesn't take near as long to translate them over to accomidate the smaller ppc screen
jowaldo

Postby abobader on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi jowaldo,

How thing going with the skin? good news for us soon? :D

My best.
abobader

Postby jowaldo on Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:05 am

i'm really sorry for the delay, but there are a few issues I'm trying to work out, that I know will really pay off in the end. Right now I'm waiting to hear back from steven on a few of them. The good news is I've got a lot of the other screens done now, weather, x10 and etc pretty much done, and the movie screens are gettin close to done too. I've been doin ppc screens too as I go along.
jowaldo

Postby abobader on Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:18 am

Hi jowaldo,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post, indeed I did not meant any rush issue here.

but there are a few issues I'm trying to work out, that I know will really pay off in the end

Totally agreed!

The good news is I've got a lot of the other screens done now, weather, x10 and etc pretty much done, and the movie screens are gettin close to done too. I've been doin ppc screens too as I go along.

That good news! well done.

My best.
abobader

Postby cooldog on Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:47 pm

jowaldo wrote:i'm really sorry for the delay, but there are a few issues I'm trying to work out, that I know will really pay off in the end. Right now I'm waiting to hear back from steven on a few of them. The good news is I've got a lot of the other screens done now, weather, x10 and etc pretty much done, and the movie screens are gettin close to done too. I've been doin ppc screens too as I go along.

Jowaldo,

Would you consider letting us have a "pre-release" version?

After looking around, I'd like to base my own efforts on the skin you've described here, and I'm kind of in limbo until I can get my hands on it ...

I don't need PPC screens (yet ... later, who knows?), and I promise I won't deluge you with questions.

Thanks,
Paul
cooldog

Postby bkilburn on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:33 pm

i would second that. I also don't need ppc screens and really want to get started with your new skin even if there are a few tweaks needed in the future.
bkilburn

Postby mfergusson on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:25 am

Yep, really looking forward to it and would like to make a start. My wifes away for couple of weeks which gives me the window I need to "play". So something now would really help. After 2-3 weeks floggings will continue ;)
mfergusson

Postby jowaldo on Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:08 pm

In stevens new thread in the announcements section, he said he is going to work on some things in the music section... that is the things I need fixed to get my skin working. Right now its not working so well, since it changed so much trying to get a new way of doing things working. As soon as he makes those changes I will post it as soon as its semi functional, for those willing people ;)
jowaldo

PreviousNext