xAP3 for Xlobby

Xlobby plugin development

xAP3 for Xlobby

Postby ptrinchi on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:58 pm

The version number 3 of xAP-Xlobby plugin will be available soon :)

The Xlobby French Team actually tests it.

What's new :
- It starts as a xAP Hub if no hub is found on your computer (but I recommend you to install a real hub)
- The configuration is more simple. Let the plugin run a few minutes. It will find all xAP modules on your network and show all incomming messages. Just double click on the message you want and a window will appear to help you to assign Xlobby event and Xlobby variables. This variables can be shown in your text zone of your lobby screen.
- You can give a simple description of all outgoing xAP messages you want Xlobby to send and assign it to your buttons on your screens.
- It offers you the opportunity to launch others xAP modules or applications on Xlobby start and to end them on Xlobby stop.
- Now you can start a macro that record all the outgoing xAP messages Xl send in one day. A other function let you repaly them when you want (simulation of presence).

Thats all for this version but if you have ideas for the futur one let us know :wink:
ptrinchi

Postby ptrinchi on Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:22 am

New version (code name xAP3) :
http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/ptrinchi/xAP3.zip

What's new
- More simple to parameter
- Show all xAP modules found on your network
- Show all incomming messages
- Hub xAP
- Macro an Replay functions (4 fonctions) Start macro (start recording all xAP outgoing messages) Stop macro (end recording) Start replay, Stop replay
- 2 new Xlobby variables: plugin>xAP-Xlobby>replay for the state of replay mode (on or off) and plugin>xAP-Xlobby>macro for the state of macro mode (recording, on, off...)
ptrinchi

Postby lar282 on Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:14 pm

great job u guys....

Question:
got alittle problem retrieving info from a Xap stock application that worked in the last version. The wierd thing is that I got a price when I add a textbutton with
plugin>xAP-Xlobby>state>

but no info when I type
plugin>xAP-Xlobby>state>Stock

my events look like this.

state</device></message><message><name>Stock</name><class>stock.report</class><address>mi4.stock.*</address><body>
block=stock.ERICB_ST
state=[price]
text=[company][change]
</body><xlobby /><device> price</device></message></xAP>

Am I doing something wrong here?
lar282

Postby ptrinchi on Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:17 pm

You have this text in the tag device : price
This will indicate to the plugin that the name of your device is in the xAP body message on the line price=.... but you says that you wanted a device named Stock so change the text in your tag device from price to address to indicate that the plugin have to take the device name in the source address line

With this param, if the source address line is like mi4.stock.XXXX:aaaa the device will be aaaa and the Xlobby variable will be plugin>xap-Xlobby>state>aaaa

If you still have problem, give me your source line and I give you the exactly device name.
ptrinchi

Postby lar282 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:20 am

hmm I know, I'm probably stupid but I don't have the extra : in the source. this is the message that I see in Xlobby and thats where I double cklick to create the event.

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF234400
class=stock.report
source=mi4.stock.dreambox
}
stock.ERICB_ST
{
price=26.10
company=Ericsson
change=0.00
}

The source doesn't have the :aaaa

I did change the price to address

thanks for the help

//Lasse
lar282

Postby ptrinchi on Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:47 am

Ok, for this kind of message you have 2 possibilities:

If you put address for device, the name will be the entire source address because this message was sends without device!!! (So try mi4.stock.dreambox in your example) the Xl variable will be plugin>xap-xlobby>state>mi4.stock.dreambox.

An other solution, put company in the device tag and the device name will be the value of the company line (Ericsson in your example) the Xl variable will be plugin>xap-xlobby>state>Ericsson

With this second solution, you can have multiple variables, one for each stock you wanted to be inform.

Tell me if this too solutions work, I am at the office now and I can't test it until this night (French time :) )
ptrinchi

Postby lar282 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:52 am

this one worked well. Thank u very very much

If you put address for device, the name will be the entire source address because this message was sends without device!!! (So try mi4.stock.dreambox in your example) the Xl variable will be plugin>xap-xlobby>state>mi4.stock.dreambox.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Bill Lott on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:31 am

Love the new version. Thanks again for all you do.

I use xLobby with a couple touchpads running remote desktop to tie together the best of Homeseer and xLobby. I am able to control Homeseer devices with no problems using the on/off and toggle commands

How do I implement the "dim" amd "bright" features in the new plugin so I can send these commands to Homeseer??
Bill Lott

Postby rbziggy on Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:51 am

I downloaded and installed the new xAP plugin last night. I've barely had a chance to play with it beyond ensuring it works and sees that the rest of the xAP devices on the network.

Even from this short look, I have to say that this is a great bit of software. Great work guys. :D

[Tip: For anyone else installing the plugin, the .dll files in the zip file go into the xlobby root directory and the folder goes under the 'plugins' directory (.dll location caught me out for a bit!)] :wink:

Regards

Richard
rbziggy

Postby ptrinchi on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:12 am

I'm happy to see all those words of thanks...

How do I implement the "dim" amd "bright" features in the new plugin so I can send these commands to Homeseer??
Bill, with this version of xAP plugin, you can tell Xl to learn action (order). All these actions are describe in the “actions.xml” file and will be available in the event manager.
I don't know exactly the xAP messages Homeseer waits for a dim or bright command, but if you discover it, post-it and I will help you to learn this new kind of messages.
ptrinchi

Postby justonemore on Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:19 pm

Thanks rbziggy. I'm only just today getting back into xlobby after a year or so and was totally lost on how to get the plugin to work. .dll path worked it out for me.
Last edited by justonemore on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
justonemore

Postby CouchPotatoe on Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Pierre - I only just found that you have a new version of the xAP plugin - great stuff :-) and I am about to try it now.

If you do get the opportunity please drop a post to the main xAP group (or the xAP_Developer one) on YahooGroups when you have these updates and also to publicise your work as many are interested .... it helps promote XLobby too.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/

Kevin
CouchPotatoe

Postby CouchPotatoe on Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:54 pm

I'm struggling a bit. In creating a xAP command to send whenever I add data to the 'Variables' field and 'Test' I get the error "The xAP message is malformed. No part of the address value may contain space characters". There are no space characters in the text I've entered and the address is of the correct form ie a.b.c:d . This sort of cropped up in the previous version but the message was sent and could be added to the left hand pane of commands. Now although the command can be added it still errors from the left hand pane and isn't sent. If I edit the outgoing message template and remove *Xlobby* from the Target field and replace it with a valid address eg the same a.b.c:d the message now works fine .. any ideas ?

K
CouchPotatoe

Postby ptrinchi on Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:41 am

You probably find information here
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

*Xlobby* is made to indicate that Xlobby will create the xAP target.
To do this Xlobby need two informations :
- The Master : you have to fill the Master field (general tab on the plugin configuration window) It's the main address where we can find HS. It will be mi4.HomSeer.MYCOMPUTER.* don't forget the * and replace MYCOMPUTER with the name of your PC.
- The variables field off your xlobby event : LivingRoom.Light for exemple.[/b]
ptrinchi

Postby CouchPotatoe on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:29 pm

I have made a little progress on this , working around that XLobby 'Test' button / blank field bug but I had expected to be able to build the full target address via the variable field, and not just the last bit that is appended after the 'Master' address. As the 'Master' address is fixed for the whole plugin that means that you can't create xAP messages that target several different applications . The plugin is still constructed really to talk only to say HomeSeer.

I am not sure how difficult it would be to have two variables (one for the main address part and one for the sub address) with the main part perhaps defaulting to the Master address but being editable each time you add a new event.

The only way around this at the moment seem to be by creating individual messages within actions.xml (but without the *XLobby* variable in the target and using a fixed address) which requires a lot of work for each event , or am I still missing something here Pierre ?

Kevin
CouchPotatoe

Next