Context menu with Saved Playlists?

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Context menu with Saved Playlists?

Postby DCulver on Mon May 01, 2006 2:10 pm

I'm using a heavily modified Heavy Metal skin as an audio frontend and only want to use a remote for input. I'm bringing up an overlay menu (Load, Rename, Delete) on click from the screen_2.jpg (Saved Playlists) category and can't figure out how to get it to control the selected playlist below.

I've downloaded all the skins I could find to see if someone got this to work, but none had this particular configuration to work with saved playlists.

Is this even possible and if so, any suggestions on how to set it up?

Thanks
DCulver

Postby jowaldo on Mon May 01, 2006 4:05 pm

have you checked out my skin?

The one that is posted is really old... I'm getting ready to post my new skin hopefully soon, but the old one should have what you are lookin for.
jowaldo

Postby Colby on Mon May 01, 2006 9:33 pm

Im not sure what youre talking about but my playlist page does this.
Colby

Postby DCulver on Tue May 02, 2006 12:32 am

I've tried both skins and jowaldo's appears to be a switch to either play or queue a playlist when the playlist is selected and Colby's starts to play the playlist once selected.

What I'm trying to do is set this up where once a playlist is selected, an overlay comes up with options to either load, save, delete the playlist before the playlist starts playing, similar to what the Heavy Metal skin does when a track is selected in the Current Playlist category on the Playlist page.

I had no problem creating the overlay and getting it to open on a click event, I am having trouble getting it to do anything with the playlist that was selected. I know this sounds confusing and thanks for your help.
DCulver

Postby Colby on Tue May 02, 2006 1:00 am

DCulver wrote:What I'm trying to do is set this up where once a playlist is selected, an overlay comes up with options to either load, save, delete the playlist before... I know this sounds confusing and thanks for your help.

The only thing that is confusing is how do you select a playlist if it is not saved? Do you mean rename? or save current playlist? I think you will need to toggle the category. I will give it a look.
Colby

Postby DCulver on Tue May 02, 2006 1:20 pm

Sorry Colby, I wrote that incorrectly, the context menu overlay options are load, rename and delete.
DCulver

Postby Colby on Tue May 02, 2006 10:19 pm

no prob. I dont know if its what you want, but I think you could toggle the way it acts instead of an overlay. To do an overlay you probably will have to use save to variable and pull the event from/ through there. Kinda tricky and I dont even know if it will work. But if you want buttons to toggle what the playlist is doing, thats easier.
Colby