xSleep - suspend or hibernate your pc

Xlobby plugin development

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:47 pm

i tidied this up if someone fancies uploading it to the french server or sticking it somewhaere? :)
S Pittaway

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:43 pm

If you want you can email it to me at mayhemDOTprodATgmailDOTcom.

I can upload it to the xlobby server.
Marbles_00

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:19 am

cheers, will do.

if you send me a link to the uploaded file i will change page 1.

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:27 pm

Its updated, it now has the option of runnng "on sleep" and "on wake" commands. The date time parsing is also a lot more flexible.
S Pittaway

Postby dalanik on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:48 pm

m_ski wrote:If you have got .net then you have a command line compiler. Search for csc.exe, jsc.exe and vbc.exe within the .net install directories (windows\microsoft.net\...). I use these all the time to compile stuff when I don't have Visual Studio installed away from home.

Hey, whatever happened to xTransition? :-) It never was published in the light of Steven's animation additions that never made it to Xlobby2, but I'm still using it... only after I discovered slight incompatibility with the new xlobby did it occur to me that it's not on the "official" plugins list? :-) (U guess what's coming next) :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby dalanik on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:01 pm

Hm, this what I'm experiencing is not only xTransition bug, it is happening with xScript too, and only in some instances, not always, so it seems like an XLobby bug. I won't hijack the thread but post it to the bugs thread.
D.
dalanik

Postby m_ski on Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:24 pm

dalanik - xTransition is nearly ready for public release, I had a lot of multithreading issues which took ages to sort out. It now has a few more features than the version you have as well... just to wet your appetite.
m_ski

Postby dalanik on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:49 pm

m_ski wrote:dalanik - xTransition is nearly ready for public release, I had a lot of multithreading issues which took ages to sort out. It now has a few more features than the version you have as well... just to wet your appetite.

Cool, can't wait!!!

The issue I had with it (and with XScript i.e.) is that it behaves strange when executed from a CATEGORY!!! I.e. I do xtransition from a button, all is OK. But when I put the category with buttons, and assign event (same one! as for single button) to it, it produces jerky animation and beeps at the end?

D.
dalanik

Postby el_cabong on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:27 pm

is there a way to make a button that will make the pc go to sleep in 5 or 10 seconds
el_cabong

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:24 pm

is there a way to make a button that will make the pc go to sleep in 5 or 10 seconds

Go into F2 Setup/Events. You could create an event with a timer command for 5 to 10 seconds (remember the time is in milliseconds so a count of 5000 to 10000), then a command OS:execute the sleep.exe program (which you can download of the net, just google sleep.exe). Then just associate this new event to a button using the skin editor.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby el_cabong on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:51 am

Marbles_00 wrote:

Go into F2 Setup/Events. You could create an event with a timer command for 5 to 10 seconds (remember the time is in milliseconds so a count of 5000 to 10000), then a command OS:execute the sleep.exe program (which you can download of the net, just google sleep.exe). Then just associate this new event to a button using the skin editor.

Hope this helps.

yes that worked... thanks
el_cabong

Re: xSleep - suspend or hibernate your pc

Postby noasatall on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:24 pm

This is a great plugin! definately what ive been looking for

but how can i use this hybernate plugin to hybernate at the end of a movie about 5 minutes after the movie is done

can i make an event that the player realizes to do this when the movie is done
if so how?
noasatall

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:32 pm

xlobby does not fire off events when media stops playing....

you can do what you want (for example, when ever theartertek starts i jump to my now playing screen, when it closes i auto jump to the movie selection screen).

unfortuantely, its in plugin teritory... (another plugin not xsleep) out of interest what player do you use?

if its TT i could add a extra command to xsleep for you (i have the code so its not a big deal) which would fire an event when tt exits.

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby noasatall on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:25 am

Yes I do Use TheatreTek I Would definately apppreciate the command !

MY kids watch movies and leave the computer on after movie ends so this would be a great fix to that problem
it will save about $20 off my electric bill

also can you tell me how you get TT to jump to hybernate when movie is done?

thanks for the plugin I know it took alot to make it. IVe ben on microsofts site and theres alot of knowledge neded to make this plugin so thanks for making it!
noasatall

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:22 am

if you can code this plugin is only a few lines of code so dont worry (the code is supplied if you fancy a nosy) :)

i cant be arsed doing a full issue right now but if you want to give me a email address i could send you a copy with the follwoing commands added to the plugin -

"set on theatretek exit command"
If "theatretek exit start" has been called, this command will be run when the theatretek is exited (you could use "command:xlobby:run event:system:on tt exit" to run everything in my skins "on tt exit" event group).

"theatretek exit start"
This will start a timer that checks to see if TheatreTek is running, when theatretek stops the event specified by the "set on theatretek exit command" will be run.

"theatretek exit cancel"
If "theatretek exit start" has been called, this will stop the plugin from checking for TheatreTek exit.
S Pittaway

Previous