Rom2Xlobby "create your roms databases" www

Xlobby plugin development

Postby vaderag on Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:22 pm

no, no xml database at all :(
ucon64 just finished - bout 40mins in total
vaderag

Postby dgemily on Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:24 pm

40 mins...... a lot................ :shock:

can you try only with about 10 NES roms ?

later
dgemily

Postby vaderag on Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:26 pm

Worked with 10zips (40roms)...
vaderag

Postby dgemily on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:21 pm

so, maybe try to do it on 2 times: first with half of your roms, then when it's done, add the other half to your roms repertory and restard rom2xlobby. I don't remember, but I think, rom2xlobby will not do a search for your first half roms. maybe ucon64 will do the scearch but rom2xlobby will not donwload coverarts and informations for these roms, so maybe it will work...

sorry, I can't help you more.....

-------edit---------
to imforme you: I tried on near than 4000 roms ( different platforms) 2 weeks ago, and it was working very well, I think that I have waited about 45 mins...
dgemily

Postby vaderag on Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:40 am

nope - still crashed with half my roms :(
May try it in quarters
vaderag

Re: Rom2Xlobby "create your roms databases" www

Postby madmikeee on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Hey there, I am new at all of this and I need some help.

I have the basic Xlobby installed, have my music and DVD/s running fine etc. So I go to try and load up my roms, Figured I would do just a small number of roms to get the feel for it.

I ran Rom2Xlobby all appeared to be fine, it ran well but I am not seeing anything in my Xlobby menu.

Am I supposed to do something else here?

The tutorial link at the start of this thread shows you how to use the Rom2Xlobby utility but it doesn't go any further on how to set up everything in Xlobby itself.

Any help would be appreciated.
madmikeee

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:20 pm

First thing is you will want to verify that indeed the databases have been created. The databases should be stored in the xlobby/database directory. Make sure the .xml files are there for the consoles (SNES, MAME, etc.) that you have ROMs for.

Then in xlobby:
-goto the skin editor (pause/break key), and click on the "Screen" tab.
-Under the "Add" tab (default for when you click on the "Screen" tab), where the catagory window is, add a catagory name, we'll call it gameroms, but you can name it whatever you want.
-click on Add
-a box should now be present in the skin screen. Select that box.
-click on the "Item" tab, then the "Catagory" tab, then the "Database" tab. Select the ROMs database that you want to show.

To give a quick run down of how to display it properly:
The "General" tab will give you the columns/row, catagory name etc.
The "Layout" tab will set up coverart display and where to place titles etc.
The "Database" tab, as mentioned above, selects the database to use with this catagory
The "Scroll" tab, is used to setup how to scroll through the different datbase enteries
The "Display" tab will setup images for selection/item highlight, offline images, etc.
The "Events" tab will allow you to set an event of command to run when selecting the database item.

Now if you have multiple databases, you can then create different screens, each with its own cat/database, or you can use the "catagory:set database" command (F2 Setup:Events) to associate different databases to a single catagory, then associate that event to a button...but that's another lesson for another day :wink: .

Now have fun and experiment.
Marbles_00

Postby ironcross on Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:30 pm

I'm no longer able to download the databases from the french xlobby site. When I hit download it does nothing. I need to redo my databases for a new computer and file structure. Any insight would be appeciated.
ironcross

Postby dgemily on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:20 pm

ironcross wrote:I'm no longer able to download the databases from the french xlobby site. When I hit download it does nothing. I need to redo my databases for a new computer and file structure. Any insight would be appeciated.

we have to check.. we recently changed some access configurations to the ftp and I think that is the problem....
we will let you know...

later
dgemily

Postby ironcross on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Greatly appreciated
ironcross

Postby dgemily on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:50 am

ironcross wrote:Greatly appreciated

it should be ok now.
dgemily

Postby ironcross on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:24 pm

It is working. Thank you very much.
ironcross

Postby dalanik on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:20 pm

If I may ressurest this old topic :-) I suppose everyone else had this setup ages ago :-) :-) Well, I was lazy and until yesterday, content with images only database...

Anyways, I use N64 and MAME, it all runs fine, creates DBs, load coverart, in MAME it missed only 1 cover (jpg) and in N64 20 covers.

Now... the big question. If I want to continue to use rom2xlobby, meaning to add more ROMs... what is the best way (proper way) of addin manually covers to the items it couldn't find covers for? I'd prefer not to add it to the XLobby DB, if it gets overwritten the next time I run rom2xlobby, if you understand what I mean...

D.
dalanik

Previous