audio cd insertion using XAnt

title says it all

Postby GFORCE on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:57 am

How hard will it be to get this working for DVD Also?
GFORCE

Postby badubo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:13 pm

How hard will it be to get this working for DVD Also?

there are no relationship between DVD and Audio CD's...
So it is a new plugin, not an "adaptation"
badubo

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:34 pm

This is not working at all for me :(

I have everything installed, added the webservice ID from amazon. audioplayer>now is the only variable i can get consitently working. The database is only building rarely for me...twice out of the dozens of times I've tried...and I never get the image downloaded if the database does build. audioplayer>now seems to work whether the database got built or not so some information is coming through somewhere...

Any ideas guys? Should I just start over...is anyone else having issues? I tried looking at the maTV skin but couldn't quite decipher things...how have you set up your skins to display the data. It seems to me like I should just be able to point a category at oncdaudio and that then gives me access to the variables like cover, artist, comment and such. Help!
Naylia

Postby dgemily on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:49 pm

Naylia, can you send to me or upload your skin, I will keep an eyes on it...
dgemily

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:50 pm

Think I may have just found my problem...thought I'd do a detailed re-read of the instructions

Quote:
[Cdaudio]
input=C:\Program Files\Ant Movie Catalog\Catalogs\cdaudio.amc,audio
output=C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\databases\cdaudio.xml
images=C:\Program Files\Ant Movie Catalog\Pochettes cdaudio\
sort=$$ITEM_ORIGINALTITLE
template=c:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\plugins\cdaudiotemplate.xml
filters=
cdrom=F:\

on the output line, notice the reference to cdaudio.xml

while...
Code:
oncdaudio Cdaudio F:\

where :
“oncdaudio” is the name of your temporary xml database where the plugin will write the information about your cd

tada...this could be the cause of all my problems...maybe...now I want to go home from work, good thing i'm working a short day cause I'm dying to get this working

or are there suppossed to be 2 separate xlobby dbs, one called cdaudio and one called oncdaudio?
Naylia

Postby dgemily on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:02 pm

Naylia wrote:or are there suppossed to be 2 separate xlobby dbs, one called cdaudio and one called oncdaudio?

in fact, "cdaudio" is supposed to be your database with informations about your audio cds.
so xant will scan cdaudio.xml or/and cdaudio.amc, to search if the audio cd insered is referenced in this database, if not, it will search on freedb + amazon.fr for covers....

oncdaudio.xml is the temporary database to display informations about the audio cd insered...

later,
dgemily

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:31 pm

oh :( i was hoping for a quick easy solution, i'll check everything when i get home and if i can't find the problem then I'll send you the skin
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:42 pm

on a separate note, the one or two times it did build the db correctly my category>onaduiocd always showed just the album name in the list and you had to select it to see all the tracks....is there a way to make a category go straight to the second level of the db? I noticed that in maTV in went straight to the track list but couldn't see the difference
Naylia

Postby badubo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:55 pm

you have to change the "music" category to this database.
then, you can manipulate it exactly as a mp3 based database
badubo

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:38 pm

ahhh...didn't realize i had to use the music category and couldn't just make up my own

do you guys have good method for changing dbs back when the cd is ejected?
Naylia

Postby dgemily on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:50 pm

Naylia wrote:
do you guys have good method for changing dbs back when the cd is ejected?

use an event set database, in the aim of displaying the databases that you want in the category that you want
dgemily

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:52 pm

yes exactly, and setting a database on audio cd insertion is easy because i have an event tied to an actual action for that, but how do i know when the cd is ejected?
Naylia

Postby dgemily on Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:02 pm

Naylia wrote: but how do i know when the cd is ejected?

yep, We have to find a tips for that....

maybe, you can add in the event goto music, an event set database to display music.xml. so like that It's always display your database music, execp when you go to this screen using the event audio cd insertion...
dgemily

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:16 pm

that's what i was thinking, was a separate audiocd and then when you goto the other ones it sets the music back...or can i have the category music on two screens with different dbs attached?
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:56 pm

so i thought i'd try to run the script manually from AMC and I can't, it pops up an error message saying a need a CDDB.txt in my Ant Movie Catalog\scripts folder. Any ideas?
Naylia

PreviousNext