xLobby Cedia Update + News

Check here for the latest news on what is going on

xLobby Cedia Update + News

Postby wesblack on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:19 am

Sorry I have not posted lately, we have been so busy since we returned from Cedia.

These image were shot after the show, unfortunately the booth was so busy during the 4 day Cedia show, we did not have time to shoot more pictures.
Cedia 1.JPG

From left to right: Wes Black, Steven Hanna, Wil Vitelo, Mike Karten
Cedia 2.JPG

From left to right: Wes Black, Steven Hanna, Terry Kandel, Mike Karten
Cedia 3.JPG

Mike Karten

Some quick details:

Most of the installers and system integrators that stopped by were very impressed with all the xLobby features and hardware, IR remote, Touchscreens as well as the ability to customize the user interface. We were showing demo's of the new version of xLobby running Russound and Insteon widgets with many interactive features were demonstrated live in the booth, the new multi zone audio dongles and Amplifier cards were also displayed. Calrad's HDTV video + audio Balun system over one cat5 UTP cable was also a hit at the booth. The show was great and we all had a good time. These shows can really challenge you physically, loss of your voice and long hours on your feet. Several loyal xLobby users stopped by to say hello and see all the new toys. We also gave away over 100 of the new black Calrad \ xLobby t-shirts during the 4 days of Cedia.

We are still trying to get the new and final release of xLobby version 3 out, some minor issues have caused delays in our origional time line. I know we made promises but we want the new final release to be a polished and a solid useful product for everyone. I know it seems hard for some user's to understand, I will simply say that we made a firm decision in the begining to let Steven have full control of the core of xLobby until a solid comercial platform and a new plugin structure is created and unfortunately this requires more time to get the software completed. We continue to sell complete xLobby client \ server based systems on a daily basis based using new weekly builds which are easily ported over to the new Ver 3 xLobby as well. I will continue to post updated information on a release date when possible.

Some new features for the next trial release:
1. New Movie Flow menu, similar to music flow. Look under the photo gallery at the top of the xLobby website for a screenshot.
2. Full list of Keyboard shortcuts that can be user modified. A list will be posted shortly.
3. IP based internet camera's such as Sony, Panasonic that use the Java active x plugin can be shown and controlled in xLobby. Basic commands for Panasonic camera's included, uses new (ping) event.
4. The WACI is now integrated in xLobby with IR, Relay, DSP and RS232 support with a sample menu to get started.
5. Movie details are now stored in individual movie folders as well as the main movie xml data file. this will provide external hard drives with removable integration from one xLobby system to another as well as protecting the database in the event of movie database file corruption. Also provides movie information updates in a Sever \ multiple Client setup.
6. Ability to keep external hard drives awake for faster navigation response in the Movie, Music, Video menus.
7. One way Russound integration with lots of custom macros included, xLobby version 3 will have full 2 way communication.
8. One way insteon lighting integration with custom macros included, xLobby version 3 will have full 2 way communication.
9. Several Media player enhancements, end of movie exits internal Media player.
10. User controlable audio and video decoding settings for the internal Media player.
11. New Music playlist enhancements.
12. Improvements of the user interface.
13. Ability to use and map USB UID based remotes, such as media center remote controls in xLobby.

Thanks to everyone who stopped buy our booth and spent time with us to learn more about Calrad and xLobby.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Re: xLobby Cedia Update + News

Postby rika on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:04 am

Thanks for the info!
We are eagerly waiting...

Rika
rika

Postby lar282 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:44 am

Hi
1:Is the thin client worked on at all or is it dropped?

2:/ U say -"We continue to sell complete xLobby client \ server based systems on a daily basis ..."
Does that mean the pricing is done? How much will XL set us back? -:)

regards

//Lasse
lar282

Postby jowaldo on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Thanks for the info!

I just saw the link at the top for EHX... Cedia was a bit too far for me, but I think I'll have to drop by and say at EHX 8)
jowaldo

Postby Wayne123 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:02 pm

Nice that Xlobby was well received but I really would like a clue about what the full version (with Home Automation )is going to cost, even just a estimated range would be nice.
Wayne123

Postby abobader on Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi,

Good news, can we have a link for the hardware clients that fully XL/XL3 working on it?

And thanks for the update.

My best.
abobader

Postby lar282 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:46 pm

lar282 wrote:Hi
1:Is the thin client worked on at all or is it dropped?

2:/ U say -"We continue to sell complete xLobby client \ server based systems on a daily basis ..."
Does that mean the pricing is done? How much will XL set us back? -:)

regards

//Lasse

Wes, where did u go?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Wayne123 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:02 pm

I give up on trying to get any info out of them, I will go buy something else.
Wayne123

Postby samgreco on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:42 pm

Wayne - Have you decided on a product yet?

I think I'm pretty close to giving up too. I've been around here a long time and really want to see Steven succeed, but if this is the way the new Xlobby/Calrad will communicate to the users, it concerns me.

The free version is great for some, but I need the external control via RS232, Global Cahce, etc. Premise has been functioning, but I know that you know it's way past a dead end.
samgreco

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:34 am

Sam, no disrespect but uve been "close" to give up for a year now. I call BS :D . I think deep down under u love lobby and cant give up, even though u sometimes sound like u work for CQC advertising department. :D

Dr. Bear
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby samgreco on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:42 am

Well P3rv, you don't know me well. In fact not at all.

I have been staying here for years because I like Steven and yes, I really like what Xlobby COULD be. So I keep hoping. I don't BS.

As for CQC, I haven't given them any money yet either. Because I would still rather give it to Steven, IF the product will do what I need it to. It sounds like it may. But we still don't know what it costs. Or what the feature set will really be.

As for the disrespect part, I think you can't help it :)

I wish I had your, and some of the others here, coding skills. But I am a humble user/tech. I can't code my way out of a paper bag.

So if it's OK with you, I will continue to check back until I decide who gets my money. That is if I don't annoy you too much.
samgreco

Postby Wayne123 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:14 am

samgreco wrote:Wayne - Have you decided on a product yet?

I think I'm pretty close to giving up too. I've been around here a long time and really want to see Steven succeed, but if this is the way the new Xlobby/Calrad will communicate to the users, it concerns me.

The free version is great for some, but I need the external control via RS232, Global Cahce, etc. Premise has been functioning, but I know that you know it's way past a dead end.

I will give CQC a look but I have not decided on what to do yet, I will keep using Premise for now.
I still need to change out all my Insteon lighting and put in Lutron RadioRA and I am thinking about getting an Elk-M1 Gold for now.

I believe CalRad has the right to run their business the way they want but it makes no sense to me to keep potential customers in the dark,but then again I have a feeling that the D.I.Y. market is not important to them.

I wish Steven well and hope this works out for him.
Wayne123

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:23 am

samgreco wrote:I have been staying here for years because I like Steven and yes,

U know i just woke up my eyes all morning stuffy and read this... For second i thought u actually liked Wes too :shock: had to do reality check, scrub my eyes and re-read it :D

As for the disrespect part, I think you can't help it :)

Seems like u know me better than i know u :)
P3rv3rt B3ar