using mpc cinema to veiw leadtek tv card

Help each other out

using mpc cinema to veiw leadtek tv card

Postby fredw on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:51 am

ok gang i can get mpc to use my leadtek card in device mode works great. but can somebody please give me a example of how to get it to start viewing tv using xlobby???? i assume i have to insert some form of arrgument or command line or both but i can't seem to get it right. HELP please :?

fred
p.s.
i just use svhs as input and audio input i change channels on my direct tv box
fredw

Re: using mpc cinema to veiw leadtek tv card

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:14 am

If using "Freelobby", a very basic way is:
F2 will open setup
Goto the Events tab
Click on a group...or start a new one under "Skin"
Click on the button to create an event
Scroll down and select the "execute file" command under the "OS" command list
Setup the command to open MPC. Add any parameter required (haven't used it in xlobby so I don't really know the exact parameters).
Click on "Add" to add the command to the event.

Close Setup then press Pause/Break to open the skin editor.
Click on the "Events" tab
Select the item on the screen you want to associate the MPC event to
Click on one of the options to add an event, scroll through the window that opens and select the MPC event
Close the skin editor and it should be good to go.

There is another way, and that is to associate file extensions to MPC by playing with the "Files" tab in setup.

Do a search on MPC and you will for sure find more details on how to do it.

Hope this helps give you ideas.
Marbles_00

Postby fredw on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:24 am

thanks for the reply marbles , but unfortunatly i know how to set up the xlobby end of it i can't figure out how the heck to get mpc to open up right to the tv viewing tried the command line options that are listed with mpc and no go . been working on it for 2 days now.normally i use dscaler works great on older cards , but the lack of surrport for newer cards is putting me in a bind (building a couple new systems) and trying to get help on the dscaler forum is kinda so so. i'm happy with the picture u get outta mpc just need it to open right to tv . and yes still using freelobby.

fred
fredw

Postby fredw on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:48 pm

ok gang after a few sleepless nights i finally figured it out. no command lines are needed open mpc, open device, set all your setting, resolutions, fullscreen, audio, everything you wanna treak, then open the playlist screen add, then save as, i saved it as leadtek this way i can use mpc for mutilple cards with different settings for each, save the playlist in the same folder as your mpc program.then just insert the playlist in the arrguments section when adding as event. set up the button and voila on low memory tv viewing program whoo hoo...ok now i'm gonna go get some sleep....if i can get my wife to help pry me outta this chair ..sheesh :shock:

fred
fredw

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:18 pm

C 8) l!

Curious, I should look to see if there is a way for integrating Hauppauge stuff in with MPC.

*EDIT*
It does...now just seeing if it will do pause liveTV and the sort. Nice alternative on my mediaPVR instead of using GAM if possible. Never thought of it until your posts. Thanks for the idea. :)
Marbles_00

Postby fredw on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 pm

just happy to contirbute i don't use my tv cards to tune channels i do that via me directtv box, but this way i can hook up the dtv box the wii and the playstation 2 and have a seperate button/video card combo for each one .. plus its lag free.

fred

and from what i've read it should work with any tv card it uses the tv cards own drivers.
fredw