Snes9x not launching selected rom in Colbyskin2

Help each other out

Snes9x not launching selected rom in Colbyskin2

Postby mrtankjump on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:25 am

First I had a problem where the snes games were being launched by the n64 category. That was a mistake in the .xml file included with the skin. Now, the play button on the overlay that comes up when a game is selected just launches the app, without the rom loaded. If I create a category, make it identical to the original category, except for the overlay, and select a game, the emulator launches with the game loaded like it should. I'm just learning how to skin and edit the events and such, so if someone could help me, that'd be great.
mrtankjump

Re: Snes9x not launching selected rom in Colbyskin2

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:39 am

I haven't looked at that skin ages, but here are some general tips:
Open the skin editor and click on the category
Now if you select the "Event" tab, it will indicate any events associated with the category

OR

Click on the "Category" tab the its "Event" tab and see if events are tied at that point.

Once you can figure out what is triggering the event to start play and load rom, then you can go into setup (F2), click on "Events" and drill down to see the command and how it is configured (what arguments and parameters to use).

The other thing to look for is under "Files" (gees you'd think I'd remember the tab title as I was just in there last night :shock: ) tab. There you can see executables with there associated file types and parameters, which is also used at times to launch the player/game required.

Hope this was of some help.
Marbles_00

Re: Snes9x not launching selected rom in Colbyskin2

Postby mrtankjump on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:29 am

There is an overlay screen that comes up, and the button on that screen points to the event play SNES which says to execute. The file types are correct, but I think that the overlay is causing some sort of dis-association with the original file path.
mrtankjump