1st Pre-Release Ready to Download

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Postby sagitaz on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:25 pm

steven good feature :wink:

In music flow you write this : category>music>cover>1>.275

It's work if we replace . by ,
sagitaz

Postby Colby on Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:30 pm

rika wrote:If we could have the angle and fade stuff for covers that would be cool in the cover flow. (Also reflections would look super)
Rika

Yeah if we are going to copy Itunes, lets do it better. http://www.apple.com/itunes/jukebox/coverflow.html
Colby

Postby badubo on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Hello,

I have a dual monitor system, the video are sending throught the overlay to the second monitor (the widescreen tv) in fullscreen.

I have a problem with the movie player and mainly with this "feature"
+if you leave movie/video that is playing it will pause so you can return and watch it

Because, if I leave the movie screen (and in fact even if we fully stop the video) the media player stays active and the second monitor stays with the frozen picture of the video in fullscreen. And that...until I shutdown XLobby.
My feeling is that it is better that exiting the movie screen really stop the player and that returning to it will resume the video at the a stored position (that will also add an interresting feature of automatic resume of stopped video :wink: )
badubo

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:57 pm

Another problem, similar to what budabo stated, is when you pause or stop a movie, leave the screen, then go and choose another movie, the previous starts playing again for a little while before the newly requested one is loaded.

Also, using a dual monitor system, I haven't been able to get the full-screen to the other display either.
cmhardwick

Postby Scarpad on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Are .iso files Supported in the Default Media Player? I saw today that a new version was released I have'nt played with Xlobby since the 2.0 days, I like what I see so far.
Scarpad

Postby jowaldo on Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:38 pm

Scarpad wrote:Are .iso files Supported in the Default Media Player? I saw today that a new version was released I have'nt played with Xlobby since the 2.0 days, I like what I see so far.

I can't say for sure... but i'd say no... you can use daemon tools tho with xlobby
jowaldo

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:46 am

My flac music files do not play - i guess its in windows land if you are just using the directx stuff??

Also have to agree about the music flow, it would look a lot nicer with relections...

You alse cant click on any of the other covers to select them...

And I still dont like the default skin :)

I looked at xlobby a long time ago and discounted it it seemed very clutered and complex, i came back a while later downloaded a few skins and it made a lot more sense :)

I think the default skin as got to much going on, i think it would be useful if you broke it down into differant installs /examples-

- basic MCE type media interface skin
- basic automation
- multizone support ect

New users would then have a chance of getting there head arround the app. at the moment its very confusing and a bit overwelming...

I take it that long term, you will include some of the public skins that have been created so people can "expriment" a little bit easier?
S Pittaway

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:32 pm

I think FLAC isn't supported as Steven is using MS MP3 support only so far.
cmhardwick

Postby jowaldo on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:35 pm

S Pittaway wrote: - basic MCE type media interface skin

Thats what I'm going to be working on ;)
jowaldo

Postby Colby on Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:30 am

So can we edit the media player window in the skin editor, I wish to impliment this in my new skin. Also does the internal player have a playlist?
Colby

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:22 am

i only use xlobby as a media interface.

the skin i use is quite clean and simple, i will try and do a few screenshots and see if anyone likes the look...

the only problem is that i tend to "code" arround funnies in xlobby and add extras so i have a plugin which does a lot (differant actions depending on what screen you have gone from to etc...), if anyone likes it maybe i could tidy it up a bit...
S Pittaway

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:51 pm

budabu, how are you directing the overlay to another screen? are you using a plugin to position it?

Thanks!
cmhardwick

Postby badubo on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:20 am

budabu, how are you directing the overlay to another screen? are you using a plugin to position it?

No, this is a feature of almost all cards (on ATI, it is theater mode). The video is played fullscreen in the second monitor as soon as overlay is used.
But actually, it is unusable for the new Xlobby as the video is never really stopped, the second monitor always remain with a frozen picture
badubo

Music & Video Players

Postby thekochs on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:55 pm

Question.......can you still use external players like TheaterTek ? TT has had the best software decoders for along while and while I hope the new XL comes up to speed is there a way to use a player other than the default internal ?
thekochs

Execute file on Client

Postby blopa26 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:47 am

Steven,

I want to know if this feature is now working in this new pre-commercial release, or if still is broken... If it is working please I need to know what are the possible choices for "Windows Type"

BTW, It is working great... Excelent job!

Pablo
blopa26

PreviousNext