KX HELP: Help with adding an input source to my DSP

Help each other out

KX HELP: Help with adding an input source to my DSP

Postby scottw on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:00 pm

I am trying to take the audio output of my TIVO and plug it in to the line input or mic jack on my soundcard. I have all of that setup but need help with adding it to the DSP of the KX drivers.

Here is my current DSP:
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o80/ ... by/dsp.jpg

I am using a SB0060 with the KX drivers and Virtual Audio Cables. I think I can control where the sound will be played at using VAC but need help adding it to the DSP and possiblly being able to disable/enable it using KXD which I just setup.

Thanks,
scottw

Re: KX HELP: Help with adding an input source to my DSP

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:18 pm

Hey scottw,

Long time missing. Hope we can help.

First, if possible, could you change your FXBus to the Pro Scr modules. These will take up less GPRs. For your application, you would want 5 Scr modules. Assign them as the following:
0/1
4/5
6/7
8/9
and the fifth as 'Line-in' (I think that was the setting). These can be achieved by double clicking on each individual Scr module, and selecting the input varient via drop-down menu.

Other than that, if you stick with the "Traditional" modules, you would need to add the Prolog module (going on memory). The prolog is the input device for any audio data that originates externally from the PC. Then a couple of those tabs off the Prolog would be dedicated to the line-ins...but again...this takes up precious GPRs...and you can achieve the same result with just the Pro Scr modules.

You will also have to change your Stereo Mix/St. Vol configuration per output, to a FXMix module to accomodate the extra "line-in" input. I say get rid of the St. Vol as the FXMix has a "Master Volume" slider that you can easily control. Using the FXMix will also allow for further upgrades/additional inputs that you may want to do in the future.

The other thing you may want to do is on the Scr input for the line-in, you may want to add a gain control module...speaking from experience.

Check out my latest ZoneSkin4 post on how I've setup my current DSP configurations to give you an idea. I've also given example code for the FXMix modules from my default.ini files.

Hope that helps.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:58 pm

Long time missing. Hope we can help.

Thanks :D I have been a little sour on XL since there still is no price on it so I have only be lurking every once in a while. I just bought a pair of speakers for out in the backyard so I am now motivated to make some changes.

I made all of the changes and it works!!!! I just need to setup the KXD part to control it.

My DSP looks like a spaghetti mess but works and more important I now know how it actually works this time, makes perfect sense!!!! I can see why you were so excited about the possibilities of this, they are endless.
I do like this setup better, it makes more sense.

Here is what I ended up with:

I may need your help controlling the sliders on the FXMIXers if that is ok. Controlling the St. Vol sliders were easy but I know I need to figure out the address for each slider.

Thanks again and I will post back if I have trouble if that is ok :lol:
scottw

Postby scottw on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Well it works...I can now control it thru KXD. Now I have alot of commands to write up.

Thanks for the help!!!
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Glad to hear you got it all working.

I just bought a pair of speakers for out in the backyard

What did you end up getting. I bought some from outdoorspeakerdepot.com and been pretty impressed by them. They're the HT5 from Hometech (a sub of Sonance).

been a little sour on XL since there still is no price

Yeah, been sour myself...not just because of lack of price...been looking at some old posts where Steven indicated that he was thinking of where to go...and how he would refuse to charge us...left a pretty bad taste in my mouth about supporting anything other than the free version.

But on the bright side, you got it going...and hope your enjoying the music in the backyard now.

Take care, and hope to see you here a little more.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:03 pm

What did you end up getting. I bought some from outdoorspeakerdepot.com and been pretty impressed by them. They're the HT5 from Hometech (a sub of Sonance).

Those are nice and ALOT cheaper than what I paid, we were at BJ's Wholesale club and saw these:
http://shop.bjs.com/Bose--174--151--174 ... ewprod.htm

Price didn't seem to bad and are probably good enough for us. I have not had a chance to crank them yet but am dying to try :D

Yeah, been sour myself...not just because of lack of price...been looking at some old posts where Steven indicated that he was thinking of where to go...and how he would refuse to charge us...left a pretty bad taste in my mouth about supporting anything other than the free version.

I agree!!!
It is cool at how much the "free" version can do and with people like P3rv3rt B3ar making XL do what we actually want it to do is great. There are just a few things I would really like for my setup to do that I am hoping the "pay" version will do but if it is too much I will just stick with what I have.
I have the strangest feeling that there is a reason why we have not been told a price yet :shock:

Thanks again for the help and I am sure you will hear back from since I am changing things around now :lol:
scottw