xMyHD plugin www

Xlobby plugin development

Postby Sutekh on Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:20 pm

This looks awesome - got the xlmtv set up and data downloaded. I had the same problems as Atlas, and will make the suggested changes tonight. Your skin looks pretty cool - thanks so much for sharing the plugin and your skin - I'm anxious to dig in and learn more about how you did things!
Sutekh

Postby art on Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:20 pm

Hey guys,
I think I fixed the problem with matching Myhd lineup to xmltv lineup. Please download this file(edit: see first post for link), replace the old one and re-run setup again. I'm still not 100% sure which part of tvvi file is switching MyHD to Composite input, but I will test it later and see if I can do something about it.
Let me know if this fixed your problem.
Last edited by art on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
art

Postby Atlas on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:05 am

That did the trick! Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions as I keep playing with it. Thanks again!
Atlas

xmltv.dtd?

Postby zewt on Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:17 am

nm, I think I found it after a more careful re-read.
zewt

Postby jeffetaylor on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:37 pm

When I try to extract the xMyHD.dll with WinZip, I get "Error in file #1: bad ZIP file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 0."

Any idea what I did wrong?
jeffetaylor

Postby art on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:21 am

It looks like you didn't do anything wrong, for some reason file gets corrupted during upload (not sure why...) Anyway...

EDIT: Problem should be fixed now

art
Last edited by art on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
art

Postby jeffetaylor on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Thanks! That worked...

But I think your skin is similarly corrupted...

- Jeff
jeffetaylor

Postby art on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Sorry 'bout that, I'll fix it this evening...

EDIT: It should be fixed ....
art

Adding lineup?

Postby freebits on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:30 pm

Hello art,

I have a question about your xmyHD plugins.

I also have a myhd card so would like to use this card with Xlobby. But unfortunately xmltv doesn't support my region (Korea). However I managed to extract some EPG information from website and made xmltv.xml file.

My problem with xmyHD is the line up configuration because xmltv doesn't support my EPG information. My lineup during xmltv setup was NJ52788 or something like that. I've got an error when I entered it in xmyHD plugin pages. Any way to skip it or fix it?

What I want to do is showing my local tv program information in xlobby using xmltv.xml and scheduling the record using EPG information.

Is there any way to do it using your plugin?
freebits

Postby art on Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:35 pm

I'm not sure if I completely understand:
- you said that "xmltv doesn't support your region Korea", but your "lineup during xmltv setup was NJ52788"? I guess I'm just not sure how your file looks like/was created......
- were you able to use your xmltv.xml file with xlobby - meaning did xlobby create EPG?

Could you send your xmltv.xml file to me art2crazyATyahooDOTcom, also if you could include the backup file with your channel lineup form MyHD, that would be helpful.

To answer your last question, I do schedule recordings, watch recorded files, live tv and DVD using this plugin, but I only tested it on my setup, so ...
art

Here's my issue with xMyHD

Postby freebits on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:53 am

The following is my email to you.

Hello art,

Thank you for your replying.

1. Using TVxb software, I was able to create my own xmltv.xml (http://www.tvxb.com). It supports utf-8 encoding so I could retrieve Korean schedule. Pls. check the attached. the myhd lineup is not added because I'm in my office now.

2. To find out the lineup (At first time, I didn't know what is lineup and later found it's channel lists or something like that ), I joined the zap2it.com and created my logins.

3. Zap2it doesn't support other regions except US and Canada so there's no way to finish the configuration except adding one fake location in it.
So I added NJ as my location information and I got one lineup like NJxxxxx.

4. I tested your art III skins and found myhd was working ok but no EPG information was not shown.

5. I thought what I missed was lineup information and tried to add it my fake one and clicked the 'create my lineup' button but, I encountered an error something like 'can't create process?' I don't know exact English message because It was Korean word. Of course, I added the locations of myhd file, xmltv.xml file, etc.

6. What should I do to show correct EPG information in your art skin using my xmltv.xml?

Thank you,
Freebits
freebits

Postby art on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:06 pm

I'm at work now myself, it looks like the time difference will make it a slow process.... :wink:

Anyway, I just want to make 2 things clear:
- this plug-in does not generate EPG, xlobby does
- what plug-in does is it takes info from XL and matches it to the channels in MyHD lineup and that's how it's able to schedule recordings etc.

Of'course zap2it is completely useless in your sitation, so don't worry about that. This xmltv file you've sent me looks quite similar to the one that zap2it generates, so that's good, however, it has only one channel in it "MBC", and this channel doesn't have a channel number, is that correct? I ask because that is something I use to make a match between xmltv data and channels in MyHD. By the way, in order for me to test your setup I will need you to send me your channel backup file from MyHD.
Now, as far as EPG, question: was XL able to process/generate guide? Usually when I have some xml file that XL doesnt like, XL won't even start, so that's why I'm a little confused here... Anyway, I will test it when I get back home and I think I should be able to find a workable solution for you..... providing that your xmltv file will work with XL
art

I see some EPG information now...

Postby freebits on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Hello art,

I was able to see EPG information when I clicked TV guide. I didn't place xmltv.xml into /xlobby/xmltv directory :( that why nothing displayed before.

Now my problem is EPG in tv guide menu doesn't display program name, etc. at all.. Is this normal? Is this xlobby's conversion problem?

Thanks,
Freebits
freebits

my qustion...

Postby freebits on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:21 pm

Hello Art,

Here's my question again.

What happens when I click 'create lineup' in xmyhd plug menu?
Since I can't enter proper xmltv's lineup names, I can't run 'create lineup' command.
What should be done manually to create a lineup for your plugin instead?

Thanks,
Freebits
freebits

Postby art on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:22 pm

EDIT:
Now my problem is EPG in tv guide menu doesn't display program name, etc. at all.. Is this normal? Is this xlobby's conversion problem?

No, this not normal, but I can't say for sure till I get home. This could be many things, but good thing is that XL liked your file :) and generated guide. One thing you can check is font size - sometimes when font size is too big you will not be able to see the text....
Last edited by art on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
art

PreviousNext