tips for winamp and links to the best webcams and others

title says it all

tips for winamp and links to the best webcams and others

Postby kasje on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:02 am

if you want to try something else then the milkdrop visualisation...surf to the plugin page of http://www.winamp.com and do a search for
sexy attached analysers...when you have downloaded and installed it...go to the preferences of this plugin and go to the thirt tap [style] and window -->attach to --> screen...and Location --> bottom
on the first tap [analyser] you can addapt the window height on the bottom.
Now you have some very nice analysers going on your screen and you can reach your buttons to play next/previous number.

also a very nice plugin is the advanced crossfading plugin..download it and you will find it in your output preferences. Now every number will automaticly go over to the next song without a silence between.

Good Webcam links pages

http://www.globocam.de/service/intern/w ... h_typ=land
here on the left side you can select your country and find all available webcams
http://www.liveonearth.com/e/indexlocation.php
live views on earth places.

gameslink
http://www.flash-gear.com/puzzle/ here you can upload a picture and make a puzzle from it...nice for touchscreen users.
damn i want this to be a standalone program..anyone an idea?

musiccoverlink
http://www.slothradio.com/covers/?artis ... Bsalesrank

nice 3d objects
Catalog - 3D Object Libraries
http://www.artifice.com/support/user_gu ... _libs.html
kasje

Postby memoe on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:03 pm

Another Winamp tip: I really enjoy Milkdrop visualization in fullscreen mode, but I think the track titles are lame. I now use Toaster (a winamp plugin). Toaster will show the new track starting in a small box in the corner including album cover art. Everything on Toaster is configurable. Size, location, colors, font. Way kewl.

My tip/trick here is that by using "Global Keys" setup in Winamp, I can turn on Toaster when I start Visualization, and then turn it off when I stop visualization. Now the track info from Toaster only shows on top of the visualization, not any of my other XLobby screens. Oh, and add a slight delay after vis and bfore turning on Toaster, and the current track info will show when visualization is started.
memoe

Re: tips for winamp and links to the best webcams and others

Postby WannaTheater on Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi Memoe,

I agree about the text in Milkdrop, and would like to integrate the Toaster plugin as a substitute. Your idea is great! I have a question about implementation: Currently I have a single button in an XLobby screen that starts visualization by triggering the built-in Xlobby music->start visualization event. The new the sequence of events would be:

1) Execute XLobby music->Start Visualization event
2) Execute Timer->Wait event
3) Trigger Globay Hotkey combimation that I have defined under WinAmp Global Hotkeys. But how? Are you sending an OS->Send Message Event to WinAMP? Or are you doing something like running the keystrokes through something like Girder to WinAMP? Or since the hotkeys are "Global" perhaps the Winamp functionality could be controlled from WITHIN the Xlobby application; but if so, then how do I "simulate" keystrokes in an event?

Also, I am assuming the "Toggle Toast Display" is the function you are calling in step #3

Thanks!
WannaTheater

Postby memoe on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:26 pm

Hey Wanna,

Sorry, real life has pulled me away from the _really_ important stuff.

WannaTheater wrote:Hi Memoe,

I agree about the text in Milkdrop, and would like to integrate the Toaster plugin as a substitute. Your idea is great! I have a question about implementation: Currently I have a single button in an XLobby screen that starts visualization by triggering the built-in Xlobby music->start visualization event. The new the sequence of events would be:

1) Execute XLobby music->Start Visualization event
2) Execute Timer->Wait event
3) Trigger Globay Hotkey combimation that I have defined under WinAmp Global Hotkeys. But how? Are you sending an OS->Send Message Event to WinAMP? Or are you doing something like running the keystrokes through something like Girder to WinAMP? Or since the hotkeys are "Global" perhaps the Winamp functionality could be controlled from WITHIN the Xlobby application; but if so, then how do I "simulate" keystrokes in an event?

Also, I am assuming the "Toggle Toast Display" is the function you are calling in step #3

Thanks!

I have done it just as you've described. I also show an overlay screen (step 0) before starting the viz. I have the XRemote events defined on this overlay screen, so I can control remote events specific to this screen. (More on this below)

I am using the Global Hot key in Winamp to call "Toggle Toast Display." I think this is the single kewlest effect for a Visualization. I am using Girder to send the keystrokes. I am using Girder 4, but I'll bet you could use Girder 3. I think someone posted a link to Girder3 that is free. Without Girder, then you'd have to have XLobby send the event. I think either approach, send keystrokes or send event to Winamp would work. Alas, I'm not the one to ask about either of those approaches.

I realize I need to clean up my visualization a bit. I use an overlay for the Viz full screen, so I can setup separate keystrokes while the Viz is showing. I need to add most of the remote buttons so that they close the vizualization. The only buttons that I really want active are the next song, prev song... things to control the music. Otherwise, it should act like a screen saver, when any other button, goes back to the XLobby Now playing screen.

Final thought, if I could figure out how to get Toaster to rediplay as a song is ending, this would be slick.

Have fun!
memoe

Postby Jay on Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:20 pm

Any thoughts on getting Lyrics displayed on a screen? I'm using a Winamp lyrics plugin but the lyrics are hidden by XL.
Jay

Postby bmblank on Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:18 am

I believe the plugin is xmovewindow. It will make a "cutout" through xlobby so you can see what's behind it. It would take some playing around to get the right coordinates and stuff. And your lyrics would have to open in the same place every time. But that's probably your best bet at the time.
It would be neat if somebody came up with a plugin that took the text that the winamp plugin was displaying and copy it and give it variables so skinners can do what they want with it. Hint hint... :D
bmblank

Postby Jay on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:37 am

+1
Jay