full house audio zones

Help each other out

Re: full house audio zones

Postby scottw on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:45 pm

billberet wrote:i'm sure i will have a difficult time with this, so i'm going to try to keep it simple.
i'll go over all your links and posts and ini files.

Your going to have a difficult time with this because it's....difficult :D

Just ask questions ..that is what everyone is here for and you will be able to answer questions others have in the future...we were all newbie's at one time.
scottw

Postby billberet on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:51 pm

i chose the xlobby as my base project because of it's community.
i went thru a dozen or so other programs and i was not impressed, either the program was limiting, or the community was poor.

that was the major selling feature for xlobby!!!!!!
at this rate i'll have to send marbles a dinner coupon to his favorite restaurant. lol
billberet

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 pm

In a nutshell:
Winamp instances: these are your sources of music
KX DSP: this is your "equipment rack" where you route your sources to your zones
Xlobby: the nice user GUI...running ZoneSkin4 :lol:
P3rvTalk: a protocol to allow different devices to communicate to each other this consists of the following:
XPert: plugin required to allow Xlobby to communicate to the KX DSP...this is on the Xlobby end
kXd: the executable that allows Xlobby to communicate to the KX DSP...this is on the KX end
p3rvhub: this is an executable that acts as the hub (like a LAN switch) for the kXd, and P3rvTalk plugin to interface with each other.

Now in the KX DSP, you will want to use the following:
Src: these modules act as your inputs to the "equiment rack" from winamp, or from external sources such as the line-in or CD/DVD-Rom. Ones defined to winamp will be "connected" to a winamp output (either direct show, or wav)
FXMix: these are the mixers which define what KX input will play in any of your zones. These also allow control of the volume levels in each zone.
k2lt: this module is the output from your "equipment rack" The selections within this module define the actual physical output jacks on the back of the soundcard.

Optional KX DSP modules:
10 point EQ - Optional EQ to control/modify your music. I use these only for taking care of room anomalies. Currently these are not configurable within Xlobby.
Peak Meter: this module is solely used for testing. It can be used to find out where you may have a connection problem should you not hear music from your outputs.
Gain: this module is used to lower, or increase the gain of a particular input. I use this on my line-in when the outputs are connected directly to amps without external volume control.
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marbles_00

Postby billberet on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:58 pm

perfect
that's exactly what i needed, a glossary of terms.
i'm sure when i learn the xlobby vernacular, it will get rid of some clouds.
billberet

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:57 pm

MasterBear wrote:and i always thought that Full house audio stands for 3+2 Z1s

billberet wrote:I know i'm slow sometimes but that one went right over my head, lol

No worries ill keep my face on poker :)

when you say P3rvTalk commands, is that a plugin?

thanks for all the info

Not exactly a plugin, its name of the protocol my plugin interface talks. XperT (derived from XpervTalk) is the plugin which, provides ability to speak Pervtalk (Xtalk) for xlobby, among other things. But thats splitting hairs cause its not anymore incorrect to call PervTalk a plugin as it would be to call Xskype as skype plugin...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:46 pm

Not exactly a plugin, its name of the protocol my plugin interface talks. XperT (derived from XpervTalk) is the plugin which, provides ability to speak Pervtalk (Xtalk) for xlobby, among other things

Whoops, corrected my definitions above to match. Thanks for the correction.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:04 am

Marbles_00 wrote:
Not exactly a plugin, its name of the protocol my plugin interface talks. XperT (derived from XpervTalk) is the plugin which, provides ability to speak Pervtalk (Xtalk) for xlobby, among other things

Whoops, corrected my definitions above to match. Thanks for the correction.

Its spot on now, however like i said was never biggie. Unlike the fact that i myself keep constantly slipping on correct capitalizing of "xPerT" as we can see above, and this actually is important cause plugin variables are case sensitive. I might have :? few or more potential users away :)

obtw: Happy Birthday!!!
P3rv3rt B3ar

Previous