kXd -- kX Project driver control plugin via PervTalk

Xlobby plugin development

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:17 am

sharp_1 wrote:Seems as though I am getting the error right after "plugin>xPerT>" because if I take out the rest of the string I still get the same error statement.

That is normal behavior.... xPerT will give u DNC whenever it receives sentence it doesnt understand... ""-is one of them

EDIT: Sharp, what is the filesize of your xPerT.dll?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:52 pm

Sharp,

Taken from one of my earlier posts:
Now, I downloaded the XPert update you did for Scalt, and though the loadup remains the same, the text box error message now responds with "Fetching...". Now that is a good sign as to me that would indicate that XPert is at least talking to kXd via Pervhub

I had what appears to be the same "Does Not Compute" issues as you are currently experiencing. I ended up grabbing the latest xPert.dll that was issued to Scalt and it started to work. Make sure you have that xPert.dll file (you can grab it from ZoneSkin3 or from the xPert forum).

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:49 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:That is normal behavior.... xPerT will give u DNC whenever it receives sentence it doesnt understand... ""-is one of them

Bear: I didn't use the " " in my variable I just used them to qoute you what exactly was said in my variable.

My xPerT.dll is 52kb with modified date of Feb 20th 2007.
PervHub.exe is 200kb dated March 15th 2007 and kXd.exe is 292kb from March 15th 2007. I will try Marbles idea in a bit.
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:10 pm

sharp_1 wrote:My xPerT.dll is 52kb with modified date of Feb 20th 2007.

I think thats the prob... its veeeery old version... correct one should be somewhat over 100kb...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:15 pm

sharp_1 wrote:
P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:That is normal behavior.... xPerT will give u DNC whenever it receives sentence it doesnt understand... ""-is one of them

Bear: I didn't use the " " in my variable I just used them to qoute you what exactly was said in my variable.

I refered to empty string there... thats what deliver to my plugin after XL eats "plugin>xPerT>" part...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:I ended up grabbing the latest xPert.dll that was issued to Scalt and it started to work. Make sure you have that xPert.dll file (you can grab it from ZoneSkin3 or from the xPert forum).

Downloaded the latest xpert.dll from you zoneskin3...since the one on the xpert forum @ the french.xlobby server is the culprit (old one). http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/US/P ... rvWare.htm

I rebooted xl and dada...volume bar is showing up as it should...now I am getting the loading... error for the graphics string and the fetching... error on the text string. I am heading out for a family function so I will not be able to dig into this like I would like to so it will have to wait.

Thanks guys for all the help...this is going to be so cool!!!!

EDIT: I was able to get the bars to show status of kxmixer, but only with command from a button event...selecting the bar at various locations does nothing.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:05 am

Excellent, that is good to hear that you've been able to get the bars to show.

Now, are these the mixer bars, or are they volume control bars?

Even though it may not be "proper", your better off to not be able to click the mixer bars as then you would be mixing in two (or more) input signal to one output...most likely undesirable for most.

This has been a strange one for most as if I recall, Scalt has had no problems in controlling the bars by clicking on them. I, on the other hand, for volume control, used invisible png files over every two bars (representing 10% of the volume), and then associate events to the invisible png files to take the volume to that particular level (view the overlay_volumecontrol or ppcoverlay_volumecontrol screens in ZoneSkin3). For me, I had to do this otherwise I had no control via clicking on the bar in a thin client enviroment.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:13 am

sharp_1 wrote:selecting the bar at various locations does nothing.

try:

- Check that your textbox IDs for bars are correct. (screenname_register, if i recollect right)

- Kill already running pervhub and let xlobby restart it at start.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Perv,

I know it's been discussed, but, any incentive on decreasing the time it takes to have the status bars show up on the screen? It would increase the WAF two-fold. Everything about PervTalk for me is working great, but it takes so bloody long for the status bars to show up on the server or clients. It doesn't bother me so much...but the "better half" is a rather impatient beast...you know...how impatient they can be.

Thanks in advance.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Marbles - I feel your pain. I have noticed the delay on even the server to be quite noticeable. Hope Bear can figure something out!!
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:14 pm

I just got playstation few days ago... still havent even had change to install linux on it... That means your sweet ladies just have to wait for a little while ;)

Anyway if im understanding correctly the problem... technically i think i could remedy it somewhat with smoke and mirrors aproach...

Its just im having huge motivational problems, not really with pervtalk itself, but with xPerT.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:35 pm

Finally got around to do minor bugfix. New version available for alphatesters at the usual place. With this fix we should be able to kiss dummy registers/fades goodbye.

I would aproaciate if somebody can test and tell me if its working or not.

I plan to improve/fix kXd in near future. However i set to implement only fixes and additions which belong solely within kXd, my motivation to work with xPerT has not returned yet. So improvements to responsiveness and some bar requests are not going to happen yet.

Im going to read this thread trough first :oops: to get reminded what needed to be fixed and what has been requested. But it would help if u could list earlier wishes u had / problems which need to be fixed and mayby some new brilliant ideas how to make this thingy better.

EDIT: it seems what i released last night was actually wrong build. Do not try that one out. Ill be working to fix also other input validation bug, and as soon as that fix is ready i will replace the wrong release with new one.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:40 pm

Ok faulty build replaced with new one. This should also fix the bug which made it possible to set values larger than maximum. So in practise this means that hittin for example "+10%" button shouldnt cause bars to behave bizarre beyond 100% point anymore.

Sorry about inconvinience for those alphatesters who dl:ed yesterdays build. I shouldnt release anything such a late hour.

EDIT: i also recommend alphatesters of kXd to download version 0.92 of pervhub released today. that should make referring kXd instances with their alias name possible. meaning it should now be possible to address kX-cards individually.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:43 am

Hey Perv,

I've only had a chance to download and quickly verify that everything still works, so I haven't yet checked on the changes that you have made.

I did notice something, though you mentioned that you weren't looking into it yet, but a noticeable speed increase on displaying the bars. I noticed it first when I was checking directly on the server. So I started the PPC thin client to check there and the bars were displaying as soon as the overlay opened.

I'm sure this wasn't a fluke as normally when starting Xlobby, it takes a while to show, but then starting a thin client, which I'm using mostly, it takes well beyond the limits of the WAF to the point she doesn't want to use that feature and only adjusts volume by winamp instance. So this was a very pleasant surprise.

Good work and thank you...you will have increased the WAF.

I will hopefully get a chance to verify the rest over the next couple of days.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:37 pm

I was continuing my MiXd project today... kXd like controller for windows mixer. But ultimately found out that kX-driver doesnt offer access i was hoping for windows mixer. So that kind of general mixer controller cannot achieve functions i needed to perform with my kX-cards. That means MiXd project is now shelved. However as i understanded calrad will/has already implement this functionality on core, so theres no harm caused by this decision. I will continue to investigate other avenues to control AC97 part of kX-cards...

EDIT: I added command for kX-card AC97 parts source selection to kXd yesterday, but i would like to add few more features and then release all new features for alphtesters at once for testing. Two other features ive been planning are ability to load new DSP and configuration file on fly and ability to wire and dewire DSP-plugins also on fly. If u have brilliant ideas or even less fancy feature requests now is the time to speak out :)
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext