Shoutcast Plugin

Xlobby plugin development

Postby homepc on Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Marbles_00,

I have downloaded the ShoutcastPLsDownloader and used the following configuration:

C:\shoutcast\PlsDownloader.cmd -DownloadDirectory C:\Shoutcast\tmp

When I run it, I dont get any errors and it appears to run correctly, but when I look in the C:\Shoutcast\tmp driectory, I see all the genre folders, but they are all empty. I also see a lot of files named Alternative.tbn, Country.tbn, Jazz.tbn.....

I dont see any pls files. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
ray
homepc

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:02 pm

The .tbn files are image type files used for the XBox Media Center, which the Shoutcast PLS downloader is based for.

You aren't doing anything wrong. I just tried it myself and it is only finding things under the Top 25 list. Something has changed at the Shoutcast site as if you goto Shoutcast.com and click on the Quick Genre dropdown, it gives you the list that the PLS downloader is based on. Click on any of the Genres beside the Top 25 one give this response:

Code: Select all
Unfortunately, there weren't any SHOUTcast streams found under this genre.

Not sure if this is a problem with them, or they are changing there format around. Maybe a search in the shoutcast forums may reveal something.

Don't get too frustrated, as the problem is NOT with what you are doing.

*EDIT*
I found a couple of threads on the site here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php ... did=269800

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php ... did=269713

So hopefully Nullsoft/Shoutcast will correct this.
Marbles_00

Postby homepc on Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:43 pm

Oh ok....great! Thanks! At least its not me and I no longer have to be frustrated beause I cant' get it to work. Thanks again for your help!!

BTW, I posted a problem I'm having in the InTheaters plugin. I really like this. It works fine except that I cant play trailers. I have the script set to download them, and I can see the url in the database, but when I click on the Quicktime icon on the default screen he setup, nothing happens. Is there a way to get the trailers to play?

thanks
Ray
homepc

Previous