Xmovewindow translation

Xlobby plugin development

Xmovewindow translation

Postby QTips on Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:42 pm

I'm working on a videopage with my skin and use Xmovewindow for controlling ZoomPlayer.This plugin is the last piece for me making a ultimate frontend I must say.
I have it all working but would like to know what the parameters are for further experimental things :)

Register
Toggle
Showhide
Lock
Unlock
QTips

Postby badubo on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:10 pm

- register is actually not used, it's future purpose will be to allow to change the window of an ID :

example :

you create a zone with the ID and display with a "fake" window : myWindow, then with register you tell the plugin that myWindow is Zoomplayer or Media Player Classic. That allows the skins to be more generics

- Lock/Unlock with the window ID as argument (the one you put after screen_ in the text ID) allow to tell the plugin to always put this window to its container or not. usefull if you want to put zomplayer in fullscreen :
-unlock ZP
-Set ZP fullscreen
-use it
-Set ZP windowed
-Lock ZP
These feature is reseted each time you change the screen

-toggle "ID" is a switch calling unlock the first time then lock, ....
-showhide "ID" switch the window as visible (normal) then invisible (in fact put it in background). Works only if the window has a container in the current screen.
badubo

Postby QTips on Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:28 pm

Great info !

I have a resolution of 1024x580 and create a xmovewindow with that size to get a "fake fullscreen" the goal with this is to always have xlobby in charge (focus) so I can press enter to bring up a videoplayerscreen
..but
It works pretty okey exept that I loose OSD within zoomplayer.Is it a way to prevent this behavior ?

You can test it in my skin if you want
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2327
QTips

MAJOR INTEREST....

Postby kolemieux on Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:07 pm

I would LOVE LOVE to see this ..... Please let us know when you have a screen/skin integration for us to take a look at. I would simply LOVE to see this.

Thanks for the work.
kolemieux

Grabbing ...

Postby kolemieux on Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:12 pm

Grabbing now - interested to see how u get this to work as I could not with visualizations - was trying to use this for visuzlizations within the skin. I am not a pro at skinning by any stretch and was just trying to adapt it - I just could not figure it out.

This is HUGE - for me so hope I can get your skin working well. Can u post some screenshots oif possible with the updates? Thanks again Qtips.

Chris

QTips wrote:Great info !

I have a resolution of 1024x580 and create a xmovewindow with that size to get a "fake fullscreen" the goal with this is to always have xlobby in charge (focus) so I can press enter to bring up a videoplayerscreen
..but
It works pretty okey exept that I loose OSD within zoomplayer.Is it a way to prevent this behavior ?

kolemieux

?

Postby kolemieux on Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:40 pm

Qtips? Can u give a little more detail on how your VideoWindow "should" function - I have all loaded - but not sure if I am missing something.

Thanks

QTips wrote:Great info !

..but

kolemieux

Postby QTips on Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:56 pm

The goal is to have it as easy as possibel to control video

It "should" work this way...
I guess you have entered setup and update your musicvideos..
select your video of choice with pressing "enter"
The video will now fill the screen and play
Now..press "enter" again and the video will shrink and bring you some options to play pause and so on.(do not press fast play since you will get the musicvideo with Donaldvoice and laugh so you forget this explanation)
"enter" again will bring you back to full video
choosing "close" will bring you back to videopage for choosing another video to watch

it is also importen that you put all the stuff in "program files" to get the right paths.

I haven't looked at getting visulations to work yet but maybe I could do a quick test tomorrow.
With winamp it is piece of cake but with foobar it is harder I think and since foobar is my choice of musicplayer I must have it to work with that.

you also maybe use a 4x3 resolution.....I will proberly make a 4x3 of my skin when it is more complete.

Now off to bed for me :)
QTips

Update

Postby kolemieux on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:12 pm

I am making "slow progress" at what you've done - the resolution is indeed not something I use. However, I would also want this for DVD's which I can certainly adapt when looking into your skin. This is VERY VERY NICE ------- VERY what you are doing here. Any chances of getting the OSD, specifically Control Bar to fit in the window. ?? I know u mentioned that as a challenge.

The big issue with me at the moment is the resolution as u stated. BUT - with what u've done here seems like it would be cake for visualizations.

I like your bottom control panel - even if you had a way to (THIS WOULD BE KEWWWL) interpret that data and use it like the rest of Xlobby's progress bar controls.

I am still working away on it to see if I can get it straight.

Thanks again - please keep us update.
Chris
kolemieux

Postby dgemily on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:18 pm

QTips wrote:I haven't looked at getting visulations to work yet but maybe I could do a quick test tomorrow.
With winamp it is piece of cake but with foobar it is harder I think and since foobar is my choice of musicplayer I must have it to work with that.

take a look here: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14150#14150
dgemily

NICE...

Postby kolemieux on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:31 pm

I still need to figure out the logic in how this is done - and think the Y - offset with the control bar could get it in the mix here - not sure if that screws up the control though.

But this is AWESOME!!!!!! I wish I just understood the logic better so I could apply it to some screens I have of my own..... I won't ask for a "quick tips list from Qtips though" .... ooops, did I? (-:

Any way you guys could share that?

Thanks again!!! I need to adapt to 800x600 and/or 1024/768

Chris
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:15 pm

@QTips

Unfortunatly, the OSD in ZP is a specific window that is not a child of the view window, as the plugin asks for the view window to always be on top, the OSD comes in the bottom and is not seen.

I can take a look to find a work around but it seems really difficult
badubo

Badubo ...

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:07 am

I think what Qtips has done here is simply AWESOME. Badubo or Q, could you guys possibly toss us some of the steps to accomplish this in our skins. I am not looking to publish anything, just have had to tweak several to make them work for me.

I can see in his skin where he loads zoomplayer on entry of a file, but not sure how to accomplish the sizing, and where the XmoveWindow commands take over.

I would be ever so appreciative guys. I will gladly take any advice you may offer.

Thanks so much - Chris

badubo wrote:@QTips

Unfortunatly, the OSD in ZP is a specific window that is not a child of the view window, as the plugin asks for the view window to always be on top, the OSD comes in the bottom and is not seen.

I can take a look to find a work around but it seems really difficult
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:17 am

Take a look here ;:

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13678#13678

You have to change the classname to the one you want to control (i.e TMainForm for Zoom Player)
badubo

Thanks...

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:34 am

Doing it right now - I've been digging thru this skin pretty tight trying to pull any knowledge as I can.

Thanks a TON for the pointer.... MUCH appreciated.

badubo wrote:Take a look here ;:

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13678#13678

You have to change the classname to the one you want to control (i.e TMainForm for Zoom Player)
kolemieux

Postby dalanik on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:34 am

I did the XMoveWindow with MPC and it kinda works in 90% of the cases. What immediately occured to me is to use Zoom player instead - because reducing the number of apps one uses is always a good thing :-) and I'm anyway using Zoom for fullscreen view so...

But how do you get Zoom to display video without it's skin, that is w/o borders etc.? Would I have to redesign the Zoom Skin from scratch?

D.
dalanik

Next