InTheaters plugin via XScript - Discontinued

Xlobby plugin development

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:44 pm

Sorry to post again, but as I mentioned before about using movietickets.com, I was wondering if one of these could be used instead?

http://movies.yahoo.com/

or

http://movies.aol.com/

both will work for US and Canadian locations.

As well, on my post above, I realized I made a mistake, in that movies.com displays one of the locations that is closer to me, but that location is not displayed in your script for some reason, even though that location is closer to me then the one that is displayed.
Marbles_00

Postby tswhite70 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:35 pm

Marbles_00 - I've already started working on coverting over to Movietickets.com, maybe halfway done. Are you saying you would prefer AOL or Yahoo to Movietickets.com? The one thing about AOL and Yahoo that I personally don't like is that they don't seem to provide for a Radius input - you just get whatever theaters they have set. For somebody in a major metropolitan area with lots of theaters that's kind of a pain. The other thing is that both use Movietickets.com as they're ticket purchasing source - not sure if I'll ever try and add purchasing ability, it's just something I noticed. I still like the idea that MovieTickets also provides UK & Irish listings - better to support as many folks as possible. Let me know if/why you would prefer one of the others.

Tell me your postal code and which theater isn't showing up and I'll check out the current script. My theater processing loop may be dropping a theater unknown to me...

Thanks,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby hvs69 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:11 pm

tswhite

While you are working on modifying your script, might I suggest to take a look at the apple itunes trailer script written by bradsjm here:

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1891

He figured out a way to obtain the URL from apple's site without resorting to regexp search. It recently stopped working because apple changed something. Maybe you can incorporate this feature into your script.

Another site for theatrical trailer repository is

http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/
hvs69

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:30 pm

Sorry Tswhite, I didn't realize that you had gotten so far with movietickets.com. I was mearly suggesting some alternatives should movietickets.com not work, and only based them on the abilities to display content to mainly the North American customer (not to offend anyone in Europe or elsewhere). I didn't even think about range input or possible ticket purchase capabilites.

On that note, I'll sit back an patiently wait for your next great release. :D

David

*EDIT* Postal Code: L9B 2M5. Movies.com doesn't seem to show the "Silver City" theaters in Ancaster and Burlington, whereas, they are selectable in movietickets.com. I was also playing around with the script in xlobby and was able to get all the theaters that were displayed in movies.com. Not sure why they didn't all display the first time I ran the script (I didn't change any settings, only refreshed the database). Even a couple more movies were found as well.
Marbles_00

Postby hvs69 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:01 pm

I tried the script and it works great.

I have one problem. I annot see any trailer url imported into the database after changing the trailer variable value from 0 to 1 in the script.

Let me know if I missed something.
hvs69

Postby m_masta on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:45 am

Tried it... works great. Like hvs69 above, it is not loading the trailer urls (we were warned that it was experimental :D )
Thanks
m_masta

Postby hvs69 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:58 am

I am having one more problem.

Today the script is not working properly. It hangs while importing stills from one particular movie. The name of the movie is "Awsome: I Fuc***in Shot that". Apparently there is only one still for that movie and the script hangs while importing that still.

My zipcode is 95403 and I am using 25 mile radius

I can post the log if useful. Log appears to have a huge amount of html source in it.
hvs69

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:46 pm

hvs69 & m_masta -

Fixed the problem with the movie "Awsome: I Fuc***in Shot that" - Windows doesn't like it when you try to name a folder with a "*", so I added code to avoid all the characters Windows doesn't like in folder names. Also found a problem with IMAX stuff from bigmoviezone.com that has been corrected.

I've modified the regex for the trailers - Apple made a change. Should be working now for about half the movies or so. After I get the Movietickets.com update out, I'm going to try and rewrite the Trailer code to use Xpath queries as hvs69 suggested. Bradsjm didn't include all the files in his source for the Apple Trailer Utility (missing a Common library) and I'm not much of C# guy. So I've been reading up on Xpath and I'll try writing it in VB.NET... no promises though!

New version:
v1.2 04/09/2006
Steven’s Simplicity Default skin files & script:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... eaters.zip
(No changes were made to the skin files, so if you already have them you can just download the script.)

InTheaters_GetMovies script only:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby hvs69 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:07 am

tswhite,

Thanks for looking into the problem. However, the new version is freezing the Xlobby. I tried to populate the database by executing the script from the eventmanager. As soon as I click on the "Test" button, it stays depressed and Xlobby freezes. I have to use the task manager to terminate xlobby.

The only thing I changed in your script was path to xlobby since it is not same as the default path.
hvs69

Postby tswhite70 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:51 pm

Uhhh Ohhh - I'll have to check it when I get home tonight and make sure I uploaded the right version. Is there anything in the InTheaters debug log file after you kill Xlobby?

Also what's the path you put in for the Xlobby directory? Can you make sure there is not a trailing "\" on the path?

tsw
tswhite70

Postby scottw on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:21 pm

hvs69 wrote:tswhite,

Thanks for looking into the problem. However, the new version is freezing the Xlobby. I tried to populate the database by executing the script from the eventmanager. As soon as I click on the "Test" button, it stays depressed and Xlobby freezes. I have to use the task manager to terminate xlobby.

The only thing I changed in your script was path to xlobby since it is not same as the default path.

Are you sure it's frozen???? Look at the log file, it should be increasing in size. The button will stay depressed until the update is done, I just tested it on the new version.

Seems to work fine. :D
scottw

Postby hvs69 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:14 pm

Well, in the previous version the update would begin almost instantly and you could see the update pop-up screen showing the status. You could also exit out of the setup (F2) screen while the updates were taking place. With this version, Xlobby becomes unresponsive. I have tried leaving it for a while and nothing seems to happen.

I did not think about checking the log-file but will do so in the evening. I don' t believe there is any trailing backslash in the path but will double check

More later. Thanks.
hvs69

Postby scottw on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:49 pm

I could not exit out either until it was done, so I am pretty sure this is what it was.
scottw

Postby tswhite70 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:31 pm

hvs69 - I've added some error handling real quick for directory paths, if the path was incorrect the script would just hang which is what I'm guessing you are experiencing. Hopefully this will fix things up for you.

I don't know why the script doesn't show the overlay when running from F2. It will pop up the overlay behind F2 if the paths are wrong. One other thing, I'm pretty sure the script requires .NET 2.0 now but I don't have 1.1 box anymore to test on.

New version:
v1.3 04/10/2006
Steven’s Simplicity Default skin files & script:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... eaters.zip
(No changes were made to the skin files, so if you already have them you can just download the script.)

InTheaters_GetMovies script only:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

good luck,
tsw
Last edited by tswhite70 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tswhite70

Postby scottw on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:36 pm

tswhite70,

How are you playing the trailers, just launching a external copy of Quicktime thru XL???

I have to say I was not interested with the trailers at all before but after playing with them, I love it :D

Keep up the good work!!!!
scottw

PreviousNext