Box sets of movies

Speak your mind

Box sets of movies

Postby bpdp379 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:49 pm

Is there any way to use DVD Profiler's ability to make all of the individual discs be hidden under a common cover that I can later expand to select the DVD I want to watch?

I am getting tired of looking at twenty something images of Jack Bauer and the crew of Battlestar Galactica staring at me... Three or four would be much more tolerable...
bpdp379

Postby GrantG on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:44 pm

Switch to the (free) Ant Movie Catalog and use the xant plugin.

This will solve your problem, and gives you much more control over many other issues.

Do a search on "ant" or "xant" to get more info on earlier posts from myself and others.
GrantG

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:53 pm

Does the ant catalog provide hi-res movie covers? and is there a way to import all of my DVDprofiler data into it?
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:59 am

Does the ant catalog provide hi-res movie covers?

All depends on what site you import your covers from. For covers I like dvdempire.com, which ANT will download from. The cover there are usually 50K+ in size.

and is there a way to import all of my DVDprofiler data into it?

Not too sure, but I don't think the profiler catalog would be too compatible straight up. If DVDprofiler can export to a .csv file, you may be able to import that into ANT, then make the appropriate changes.

Hope this was helpful.
Marbles_00

Postby fje00 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:21 am

I was able to get multi-disk DVD sets to show up as one parent icon. Clicking on it brought up child icons for each DVD in the set.

To do this I used the following directory structure.

\<dvd title>\disk1
\<dvd title>\disk2
etc

I used DVD profiler for the library. When importing the XML file into xlobby it was necessary for the <dvd title> above to match the DVD profiler entry for Title and Save Title (i.e. they both had to be the same in DVD profiler and had to match the directory name).
fje00

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:17 pm

fje00 wrote:I was able to get multi-disk DVD sets to show up as one parent icon. Clicking on it brought up child icons for each DVD in the set.

To do this I used the following directory structure.

\<dvd title>\disk1
\<dvd title>\disk2
etc

I used DVD profiler for the library. When importing the XML file into xlobby it was necessary for the <dvd title> above to match the DVD profiler entry for Title and Save Title (i.e. they both had to be the same in DVD profiler and had to match the directory name).

If there a way for you to illustrate this? I am using DVDpro and want to have something like this:

\<dvd title>\disk1\collectionnumber100
\<dvd title>\disk2\collectionnumber101
sharp_1

Postby bpdp379 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:09 am

Thans for the Ant idea, but I really have gotten used to DVDProfiler. I use it to control my Sony megachanger and don't want to learn a new program that might not be able to do what I can now.
bpdp379

Postby fje00 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:49 am

Let's see if I can illustrate this with a real example.

I have the 2-disk version of the movie Castaway. The movie is on disk 1 and the extras are on disk 2.

I put the First disk in the computer while DVD Profiler is running and it detects the DVD and asks me if I want to add it to the DVD Profiler collection. I say yes and it adds it. It automatically knows it's the 2-disk version from just looking at the first disk and adds both disk to the collection. If I were to then put the 2nd disk in the computer while DVD profiler is running it would not ask to add the 2nd disk, since it already has the 2nd disk as part of the collection info it already added. If I try and manually add the second it says I have already added it.

From within DVD Profiler I see that the "Save Title" for the movie is "Castaway". I notice that the "Title" is "Castaway Widescreen Edition".

I then launch DVDdecryptor and begin to rip Castwaway Disk1 to the hard drive. Before doing so I see that DVDdecryptor is defaulting to c:\dvd\CASTWY\VIDEO_TS as the rip folder. I change the folder to c:\dvd\Castaway\Disk1 and rip the DVD.

I then proceed to rip disk 2. Again I change the default folder, this time to c:\dvd\Castaway\Disk2, and proceed to rip.

So the multidisk DVD is stored in one folder c:\dvd\Castaway where the folder name "Castaway" matches the "Save Title" in DVD Profiler. And each disk is saved to a subfolder under that for each disk (i.e. "Disk1" and "Disk2").

I then export the collection from DVD Profiler as an XML file, and import it into Xlobby. Xlobby then creates an icon for the movie Castaway. If I click on it I get two child icons, one for disk1 and one for disk2.

A couple of caveats. First I have never seen where this is the preferred approach for Xlobby. All I know is that I had set it up this way for Beyond Media, kept it, and then tried it with Xlobby. And it worked.

The other thing is that for some movies It didn't work if the DVD Profiler "Save Title" and "Title" were different. In those cases I got it to work by making the Save Title, Title, and dvd folder all have the same name.
fje00