Homeseer plugin

Xlobby plugin development

Postby kuntakintay on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:16 pm

One other feature request that I would like to request is a secondary "trim" device call that when a device value is shown, it would "trim" out anything not numerical. For example on my hvac page I have a device value for the fan (x10 dimmer) that shows Dim 42%. It would be ideal to have a differnt way to call it so it would show 42 only.
kuntakintay

Rock Solid Plug-in

Postby Bill Lott on Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:43 am

Fletch,

Thanks again for the great plug-in. I have been running xLobby / Homeseer on a couple touchpads via remote desktop for a couple months with no issues.
Bill Lott

Postby briguy on Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:04 am

I just stumbled accross the xlobby site by accident and i'm sure glad I did. I've had homeseer forever and mainlobby 2 for a couple years now and haven't been too pleased with mainlobby. Fletch, I would love to get my hands on your plugin so that I can re-build my interfaces. I love what I'm hearing in this post. What do I need to do to get it for testing!
briguy

Postby kuntakintay on Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:27 pm

has anyone figured out how to dim lights with a slider control using the plugin? Is this possible (yet)?

I have to say that this is becoming a key piece to my extensive home automation system. Hats off to Fletch for assembling such a great plugin.
kuntakintay

Postby kuntakintay on Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:49 pm

Cancel that last message, I read back in the thread a ways and dimmable controls sounds like this is a work in progress for the next revision. Do you have any ETA on when it will be available? Will all current functionality remain the same?

Thanks,
Toby
kuntakintay

I would like to try it out...

Postby Keifer1 on Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:16 am

Was just about to pull out the credit card (Main Lobby) when I came across your plugin, I would like to check it out if possible. Looks great.
mailto:kdutton@vreel.com
Thank you
Keifer1

Postby Jay on Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:30 am

I'm an original beta tester for XSeer and can tell you that it's rock-solid. Just using toggle functions at present. It is much more stable than xAP. Zero errors.

I think Fletch is on the road a lot. Please be patient. I travel a lot too and don't check email when I'm gone.
Jay

Postby fletch on Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Hi all,

I had really wanted to add some of the other features I spoke about before posting this. But there seem to be quite a few people looking to get this plugin, so I'm going to post the plugin now. If you have any questions or need assistance with the plugin please post them here.

Aaron

Download the plugin and instructions here.
http://xseer.fletchnet.us/index.html
fletch

Problem with dimming

Postby kuntakintay on Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:53 pm

I finally got around to start work on dimming, and the plugin is not working properly (I think). What I have is a - and + button that should dim or bright a device by 10. for the xlobby events, I am using X1, Dim, 10 for the - and X1, Bright, 10 for the +. When I click the - or + it sets the light level to 10, regardless of what level the light was at previously. If I hit it again, it stays on 10. So it seems like the dim and bright functions are really acting like the ddim function (which I tested and it works great).

Any ideas? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
kuntakintay

Postby fletch on Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:53 pm

I'll look into the dimming further this evening, but it seems to work for me. A couple of things I'd be interested though are; What type of devices are you dimming? Standard X10, Smarthome or Leviton X10, Insteon, UPB or ZWave? I know different types of devices have different dimming capabilities, so this might explain why it worked when I tried it but you see something different. Also could you try dimming the device in the same manner, except through a HS script. Let me know if the behavior is the same though the script as it is when using the plugin.

Aaron
fletch

Postby kuntakintay on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:11 pm

fletch wrote:I'll look into the dimming further this evening, but it seems to work for me. A couple of things I'd be interested though are; What type of devices are you dimming? Standard X10, Smarthome or Leviton X10, Insteon, UPB or ZWave? I know different types of devices have different dimming capabilities, so this might explain why it worked when I tried it but you see something different. Also could you try dimming the device in the same manner, except through a HS script. Let me know if the behavior is the same though the script as it is when using the plugin.

Aaron

K, think you are on the right track. I have insteon switchlinc v2 and keypadlinc v2 dimmable switches. If I run the bright and dim with a script using hs.execx10, they both do a ddim 10 instead of dim or bright. I am not sure how to call a dim or bright through a script (or your plugin) for insteon switches... Are you? Do you just have standard x10 switches in your environment?
kuntakintay

Postby fletch on Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:00 pm

I have mostly X10 devices, although there are some Insteon Icon devices, but they all have X10 addresses assigned to them. In fact I don't currently have the homeseer insteon plugin running. So I'm only controlling them through homeseer as x10 devices.

I am seeing some unusal dimming results though. For instance I have the device set to dim by 10% when event x executes in xlobby. If I press that button 4 times it dims each time, and homeseer reports it as being dimmed to 60%. However if I poll that device it comes back as being set to 84%. So it appears the plug in tells homeseer to dim the device by 10% and homeseer thinks it dims the device by 10%, but somewhere along the way it dims it to another actual value.

As for dimming an Insteon device through a script I'm not sure how to due it directly either, but what I was curious about is using the ExecX10 command in a script, referencing the virtual house code. For instance if you wanted to dim a device with the hc\dc of ]10 use;
hs.execx10 "]10","DIM",10
This is what the plugin executes when it calls the dim command with a value of 10%. Although looking at the HS docs this may not be the preferred command for devices that support extended dim, although I'm not entirely sure which devices do or do not. Is extended dim the leviton extension or is that the name of smarthome's extension?

It looks like I need to check into this. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
Aaron
fletch

Postby kuntakintay on Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:56 pm

Thanks, correct I am using the insteon plugin. I have about 34 insteon devices and am not communicating to them over x10, just the insteon protocol.

FYI - I started a thread within the homeseer board to see what others thought (just dealing with the hs.execx10 command within homeseer). I figure if we can figure out how to do it properly in HS, then we should be able to figure out how to do it in the plugin...

HS Thread is here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=117686

Toby
kuntakintay

Postby fletch on Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:24 am

Toby,
See your HS forum posting for a possible solution.
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.ph ... post746206
Aaron
fletch

Postby kuntakintay on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:21 am

fletch wrote:Toby,
See your HS forum posting for a possible solution.
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.ph ... post746206
Aaron

Posted this on HS forum as well, but thought it may be of value to the other plugin users, so will post here as well.

Aaron,

I was having a problem with your code, and think it was due to the hs.setdevicevalue not working (would change light, but then on next press the status showed 0, weird...) Also, the bright logic didnt work for setting the new val. I just tweaked what you did and made it work properly. Here's the code for the hs script:

Code: Select all
Sub Main(param)

dim cmds

dim CurrVal, DevCode, TheAction, DeltaVal, NewVal

cmds = split(param,",")

DevCode = trim(cmds(0))

TheAction = trim(cmds(1))

DeltaVal = trim(cmds(2))

CurrVal = hs.DeviceValue(DevCode)

If TheAction="Dim" Then

NewVal = CurrVal - DeltaVal

if NewVal =< 1 Then

NewVal = 0

end if

hs.execx10 Devcode,"Ddim",Newval

End If

If TheAction="Bright" Then

NewVal = CurrVal + DeltaVal

if NewVal >= 99 then

NewVal = 100

end if

hs.execx10 Devcode,"Ddim",Newval

END if

End Sub

(Dont laugh, I only know enough vb6 to be dangerous...)

For those that may need a reference to set up the xlobby event, its new event, then select plugin:xseer, command:Run_Script, Variables:Scriptname.txt,main,devicecode,DimORBright,DimLevel.

My example is:

Code: Select all
XlobbyPluginDim.txt,main,]28,Dim,5

Aaron, I cant thank you enough for the help with dimming, and for creating the xseer plugin! It's that piece of my automation puzzle that I just couldnt seem to find a piece for! Much appreciated!!!

Toby
kuntakintay

PreviousNext