Postby QTips on Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:28 am

I'm still sober
QTips

Postby mattdisaster on Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:17 am

I'm not.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby kolemieux on Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:32 pm

Because it did not work? or, because u did not use this idea to add an overlay to remind you to go buy your beer every few hours? ... ?

Let us know if u get this working - I would like to do the same for weather.. and a few others.

QTips wrote:I'm still sober
kolemieux

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:08 am

Hrrrmmm. I've updatd everything and now I can atleast run the plugin without any conflicts, but I cant get it to work for me. I'm made an event in xlobby to play an alarm clock sound that I know works. But still when I set it up it doesnt go through. A few things I've noticed though:
1) the event list in the new event screen doesnt update "real time" along with xlobby. in order to get events to show up that have been created after startup I need to restart, that sucks.
2) Some sort of "test" button would be awesome in terms of ... well testing to see if the event will work the way you want.

Thats all I can think of right now but this looks awesome so far, once it all falls into place for me I'll be happier then a pig in slop. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? And any ideas on how I can make an alarm clock page that could have a snooze button on there that might delay an even for a set amount of time? You guys rock, got any donation links? :) Keep up the good work!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby dgemily on Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:31 pm

but I cant get it to work for me.

To be sure, try with a command with minimum 2 minutes later, and try it with the first way (f2, plugin tab, select XEvent ….)

1) the event list in the new event screen doesnt update "real time" along with xlobby. in order to get events to show up that have been created after startup I need to restart, that sucks.

Yes we know, you must restart xlobby, after create a new event…

2) Some sort of "test" button would be awesome in terms of ... well testing to see if the event will work the way you want.

If your event works, it should works with e the plugin, if you want look at if your variable is correct, you can try to create the same one, via F2, plugin tab. You will have the possibility to look at the coorect variable displayed on the trigger list.

And any ideas on how I can make an alarm clock page that could have a snooze button on there that might delay an even for a set amount of time?

( I have some problems with the plugin command and the last xlobby2.exe, I have to make some tests…)
but I have an idea to do it, I didn’t try, but it should works.

First, create a plugin variable like : "Every-year every-month every-day-except-weekend|07:00|music:play reveil"
When “play reveil” is your event to play an alarm clock sound.

Then in your alarm clock page, add a button, assigned to an event “snooze” with 2 commands:
- a command to stop your alarm clock sound.
- A XEvent plugin command :
* command : select Add Delayed Event
* variables :
Code: Select all
10|music:play reveil

So, normaly, if you press the button, it will stop the sound and add the command to launch in 10 minutes your alarm clock sound.

You guys rock, got any donation links? Keep up the good work!

Thanks, there isn’t donation links, we only want to xlobby come up, up, up and up!!!!!! :wink:
Last edited by dgemily on Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dgemily

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:59 pm

Once again you guys rock, come to find out my alarm clock worked fine, I woke up bright and early this morning at 650 am, i asnt testing the events with more then 1 min in advance. my bad. hah. As I type this I'm waiting for the big tester of the alarm clock/snooze button to start. I cant thank you guys enough, this is really nice and adding a nice finishing touch to the skin/htpc. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens in a few minutes.

-matt

edit:
The first event went off without hitch(the actual alarm), and the snooze button stopped the sound, but it didnt turn the alarm back on I had it set to snooze for 2 minutes, I redid it to set for 10. Let's see what happens this time around.
mattdisaster

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:09 pm

Alright I just waited the 10 minutes and still nothing turned back on. I checked and double checked my setup and its exactly how you subjested. Any ideas? I did open up the event editor after I hit the snooze button to see if it had added an event for the snooze, and nothing was present other then the first event for the clock itself. Any ideas? Thanks so much for this much!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby ptrinchi on Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:51 pm

matt, I'm looking in the code to find if there is a bug...
ptrinchi

Postby dgemily on Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:21 pm

Ptrinchi, take a look with the last xlobby2.exe...
dgemily

Postby dgemily on Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:02 am

Mattdisaster and QTips,
I changed my posts, in the variable you mustn’t use : “ ” .
But anyway, there are some bugs when you use the plugin with the last Xlobby2.exe
dgemily

Postby dalanik on Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:04 am

I tested mostly with the "now" option and all I can say is that now it works great! This is what I needed for a long time! The delay is around 4-5 seconds, which is fast enough for all I'm doing.

Good work!!!

D.
dalanik

Postby dgemily on Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:17 am

Dalanik,
please, can you post the portion of your VBscript that you use to write the plugin command "now" in the file XAlarmClock.ini .

Later,
dgemily

Postby dalanik on Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:16 am

dgemily wrote:Dalanik,
please, can you post the portion of your VBscript that you use to write the plugin command "now" in the file XAlarmClock.ini .

Later,

Ah, that's rather easy... no need to make date/time portion, but here it is:

' ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' main
' ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option Explicit

Dim fso, WshShellWav
Dim FileSystemObject
Dim wsh

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set wsh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WriteEvent("overlays:show pictures copy-err-setup")

Wscript.quit

' functions
Function WriteEvent(str)
Dim tf

Set tf = fso.OpenTextFile("c:\Program Files\XLobby\plugins\XEvent\XAlarmClock.ini", 8, True)
tf.WriteLine( "now|" & str )
tf.Close
End Function
dalanik

Postby dgemily on Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:52 am

dgemily

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:09 pm

Hey guys-
I dont wanna sound pushy but have you come up with anything for this yet? The plugin works great(minus the snooze button) so far but some minor updates/fixes would be awesome. Thanks so much!

-matt
mattdisaster

PreviousNext