WebBrowser Address Bar

Help each other out

WebBrowser Address Bar

Postby Azazelkmm on Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:45 pm

How to Add functions to WebBrowser
Azazelkmm

Re-state

Postby Azazelkmm on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:05 am

How do you add functions to the webbrowser, such as address bar and status bar?
Azazelkmm

Postby jowaldo on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:37 am

Pretty sure its not possible right now
jowaldo

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 am

Yea this has been brought up a few times. It's not supported by xlobby right now. Steven has commented on why he doesnt feel its nessecary to add, but i cant recall heh. An easy work around is to set up buttons on the webpage page that send the browser to your favorite sites (IE: a button for cnn, foxnews, xlobby.com) heh. Good luck!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby alaricljs on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:17 pm

Well, now that there are variables, can't you have your own input box set to a variable that gets used by a goto URL event?

I don't whether input boxes work without a related category, or how you could finagle it with one... but hey, it's worth a try if you're that interested in it.
alaricljs

Postby Azazelkmm on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:56 pm

It just seems like you can add the abc overlay then add search content to the database.

I need the address bar because I am setting xlobby up in my boardroom so when I have clients come in they can just go to their companyies website if need be without exiting out of xlobby. I think this is a must have if you are going to use this in a business setting.

We have all seen jowaldo's skin??? He has a couple of batch files that change button colors. I think we could have the ABC overlay then upon finishing the the url have a batch file that updates the favorites and display. just shooting out ideas!! I am working that route, if anyone sees a problem with that, I am missing, please let me know.

I just want to avoid leaving xlobby to search the web.
Azazelkmm

Postby Azazelkmm on Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:20 pm

this is what I have do so far...

I created a button in the web browser window
then made a batch file with the following content called open-ie.bat

start iexplore.exe javascript: resizeTo(1024,240);moveTo(0,0); document.location.href="http://yahoo.com"

added execute command

then assign button to command

This does not solve the problem, but allows them to open IE without exiting Xlobby... I am still on a search for a solution.
Azazelkmm

Postby bobofett on Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:14 am

Well the quick and dirty work around for me has been to just have a button for google. In the google search bar type the url of the site you would like to visit and click the I'm Feeling Lucky button. What that does is load the first page it finds matching your search crieteria. So far I've found that if I put the whole url of a page in the search field the page that is returned (every single time for me) will be the exact url that you entered in the search field.

Hope that helps at least for the time being.
bobofett

Postby art on Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:41 pm

you could also create your own local page with 2 frames - top would have your basic things like back, forward, home, go buttons and text field to input address and bottom would display actual page. In XL just point to your local page. Here is little sample of what I'm talking about http://home.comcast.net/~artcrazy/testPage/myTest.htm. I'm not really good with html and java script, so there are probably many things that would need some work, but that's just an idea...
art

Postby bromfman on Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:14 pm

I know it's been a long time since you posted your question, but I only came accross it now and thought I'd share a solution I found a while ago.

What I've done is create a webpage using the HeavyMetal buttons and backgrounds and added a for to the page where I can input a url. Then I set this as my home page and when I go to the XLobby browser it just looks like another XLobby page. I also added a bunch of buttons with links to pages I visit frequently, so I'm not limited to the three buttons in the heavymetal browser. The last thing I did was to convert one of the buttons on the browser page to launch the on-screen keyboard. With this, I now have full web functionality from within XLobby with my touchscreen. The HTML code I used for the address bar was:

<form name="openlocation"onSubmit="location.href=document.openlocation.URLAddress.value;return false">

<input type="text" name="URLAddress" value="http://" size=50%>
<input type="button" value="Go To" onClick="location.href=document.openlocation.URLAddress.value" >

</form>
bromfman