XoapWeather 1.1

Xlobby plugin development

Alert

Postby jimmyb on Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:23 am

I can get the text (small amount) of the weather alert to show using the variable weatheralert, but how do you get the icon to show? Also the ticker tape?
jimmyb

Postby Colby on Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:33 pm

Question about xoapweather

I can add more than one location in the setup of the plugin. Can I switch locations in the skin? How?
Colby

Postby rubbah on Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:19 am

plugin>command>
Plugin: XoapWeather
Command: next forecast
rubbah

Xoap Information

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:54 pm

This may sound like a silly question, but what internet port does this plugin access to download information from the internet. I've been having a problem with weather updates not updating (this plugin, Xweather and Webcam images will not update after initial update - the first time the plugin is used). I'm wonder if it is because my firewall is preventing information from flowing across specific ports that Xlobby and Xoapweather may use. If the ports are different from the standards like port 80, 25, 110, etc. Then I have to set up some filtering to allow access.

Also does this plugin use the Temp Internet Files for caching purposes or does it save information elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Marbles
Marbles_00

Postby JLF on Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:47 am

I am tying to display the Hour by Hour Forecast. It is a query called by the plugin as “hbhf” from the xml feed. It pulls 24 hours, but I can not figure out how to write the xpath or the text on my forecast page. :cry:
JLF

Postby JLF on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:55 am

Guys, don’t let me down. This has a very high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) priority. I know enough to know that at least part of the needed code is in the XoapProvider.cs file, but have no clue what to do with it. The variable is “hbhf" and it pulls the Hour by Hour data from Weather.com’s xml feed. Thanks, I know this group can do it.

I am tying to display the Hour by Hour Forecast. It is a query called by the plugin as “hbhf” from the xml feed. It pulls 24 hours, but I can not figure out how to write the xpath or the text on my forecast page.
JLF

Postby Atlas on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:43 pm

Just looking at the source code real quick I don't see where he actually retrieves the hourbyhour forecast. I see a function for current conditions and day/detail forecast but no hourbyhour.

If it is called I don't know where it is stored. Just based on the other xpaths I would assume it would be something like

hourlytmp /weather/hbhf/hour[@h=#]/tmp

You can see what the xml looks like with this link. The xpath is just a / delimited path from the XML. Compare his dayf to his xpath and then use for hbhf

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/7 ... f=2&hbhf=3

Now I have no clue on the text portion in the skin. In the skin plugin>xoapweather>current if for the region and the next number is the day. I don't know where hours would be hanging out. :)
Atlas

Re: Xoap Information

Postby jpoveda on Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:57 am

Marbles_00 wrote:This may sound like a silly question, but what internet port does this plugin access to download information from the internet. I've been having a problem with weather updates not updating (this plugin, Xweather and Webcam images will not update after initial update - the first time the plugin is used). I'm wonder if it is because my firewall is preventing information from flowing across specific ports that Xlobby and Xoapweather may use. If the ports are different from the standards like port 80, 25, 110, etc. Then I have to set up some filtering to allow access.

Also does this plugin use the Temp Internet Files for caching purposes or does it save information elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Marbles

Hi Marbles,

I think it happens when xoapwheater can't contact to the server. Then, it is not able to connect anymore even the server is now reachable. If you restart xlobby, xoap will do it now.

Anybody know if the project is on?. There are some little bugs on images and vars.
jpoveda

Re: XoapWeather 1.1

Postby slaman on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:39 pm

Here's a stupid question.. but even though I select "Metric" as the information type, the detaileddayoutlook is still Imperial...

Any ideas?
slaman

Previous