xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout Beta v0.1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:22 pm

Jay wrote:Thanks Sharpie. Won't scroll.

See if u have newest version of freelobby.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Jay on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:30 pm

Thanks Bear.

The Next/previous page cats work fine and that's what I'm used to.
I just thought I had missed something.

My freelobby build is 21/9/6, btw.

Last thing for me to work out is playing SC from fat client. Only zone is server. I love this plugin :)
Jay

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:57 pm

Jay wrote:My freelobby build is 21/9/6, btw.

Yeah i think thats it. we established with rembetis that this feature exists at latest on 26th nowember build same year.

Jay wrote:just wish the b3ar would finish up his panda plugin

Like i said on other thread... i will try.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Jay on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:03 pm

Bear, I think I had a September 2K6 build that had issues here and I rolled back to August. All was good so I stopped updating the core. Appreciate the input.
Jay

Postby Jay on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:57 pm

Jay wrote:... Last thing for me to work out is playing SC from fat client. Only zone is server. I love this plugin :)

Whoa. Installed plugin, screens, etc. on a fat client and didn't need to do anything else. No db paths, etc. Client controls server perfectly.

Pouring a drink to ponder... :lol:
Jay

Postby defrag on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:57 pm

Jay wrote:Pouring a drink to ponder...

defrag raises his glass in Jays direction, nods and says "glad you got it sorted" :lol:

defrag puts down his glass, scratches head and wonders how to get winamp to tell him it's playing a stream...... hmmmmm i bet there's an IPC command somewhere....
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:08 am

Hey defrag,

This is a very interesting bug...not to sure how this one should be handled. I've set this plugin up in my ZoneSkin4 and have found out when using a thin client that whatever zone is indicated in control on the server, that is the zone (winamp instance) that the .pls is loaded to and not the one selected by the thin client....confused yet?

Here's an example. When loading up the skin, the first zone (or in my case source) instance of winamp is being controlled by xlobby...in this example, I will use Main1. I then load up my thin client and want to control music upstairs, so I select upstairs1 on the thin client. I goto the ppcshoutcast screen, where I have a zone status command which tells me I'm controlling upstairs1 still. I go select my stream, I see the stream load window flash on the screen...and hear no music. Well no music coming from upstairs1. I hear the stream coming from Main1 instead as during all the time the thin client is accessing/controlling upstairs1, the server is still indicating it is controlling main1. The real kicker is, if I load up normal music (CD rips in this case), everything operates fine...in that, yeah the server may indicate main1 control, but when controlling via thin client the zone control on the thin client takes precedence and loads the music to the correct zone...which in this case is upstairs1. This took me a while to figure out what exactly was going on as I couldn't understand why when I was controlling one zone, the stream would load elsewhere.

If you don't fully understand what I'm talking about let me know...I'm thinking of doing a little video of this effect to show what is happening, only this my take some time.

*UPDATE*
Another bug that appears to be happening lately is if I try and load multiple streams to different zones (server or client), I get all the other zones that are playing streams, get replaced with this new stream. Not sure why this is happening as I've been testing for a couple of days now and could have sworn that I was geet mulitple streams playing.
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:49 am

Marbles_00 wrote:Hey defrag

Hey Marbles :D

Just out of curiousity, were you able to zone shoutcast streams before? Just curious if winamp/xlobby handles them differently than normal media files.
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:08 am

It's been soo long since that xshoutcast plugin worked but, yeah, since it made databases of the shoutcast .pls files, it would load up those files into the instance of winamp that had control.

Just to update. The first issues is very real. The second one may be my mistake concerning some setup issue possibly.
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:33 am

Hmmm, I wonder what's happening then... Considering I let xlobby handle how the file gets played, well up to a point.

When you hit the play button, the plugin writes the pls into the hidden cat, refreshes it, clears the playlist (would this have an effect??), then does a category execute.

I'll set up a few instances of Winamp and have a play. It would be great to get this nailed. When you play a normal track, how does xlobby know which zone to send it to? (zone-noobie so spell it if you have to :lol:)
defrag

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:44 am

OK Marbles I've had a play with 3 Zones.

I set up 3 instances of winamp

C:\winamp\zone1
C:\winamp\zone2
C:\winamp\zone3

Added them to xlobby, started xnet and it saw the 3 zones. I then created 3 buttons on my shoutcast page to toggle between the zones using the set zone event. By default clicking on a play button fed the stream to zone 1, clicking the other buttons switched the now playing to the zone I clicked on (which is well cool - first time I've done this), clicked on a new stream and it played on that zone. I ended up with all 3 zones playing different streams - which considering I had 1 output sounded well wierd!!!

Have I over simplified this? Do you need to have your shoutcast screen setup like you music screen in ZoneSkin? (Which is really well done, I downloaded it to see what you are doing)

Having said all this, this really buggers up a plan I had to refresh the current page when track changes in now playing!!! As I was going to poll winamp iteself to see if it was playing a stream as opposed to normal mp3 (which I sussed out how to do) but if there are multiple versions running I would need to know which is mapped to which zone - hang on a mo...... I can get this list from the xlobby.xml file - ok this needs some thought......
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:39 pm

Added them to xlobby, started xnet and it saw the 3 zones. I then created 3 buttons on my shoutcast page to toggle between the zones using the set zone event. By default clicking on a play button fed the stream to zone 1, clicking the other buttons switched the now playing to the zone I clicked on (which is well cool - first time I've done this), clicked on a new stream and it played on that zone. I ended up with all 3 zones playing different streams - which considering I had 1 output sounded well wierd!!!

That's what to expect when controlling with the server. On that same computer, start a thin client (use the menu of your test skin). Goto your xlobby/client directory, open your server.txt file, and use the following code:
Code: Select all
server:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
screen:menu
resolution:auto
quality:100%
zone:1
refresh:1000
mimic:true
width:960
height:540

Where: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of your computer
zone:1 - just means you want to start your client default to zone 1
mimic:true - I use this currently but does not influence this problem
width/height - I use these settings but does not matter. This way I can see both server and client at the same time.

Now when you toggle between zones on the thin client (leaving the server set to zone1), and then switch back to the server screen, you will notice that the server still remains as the original zone (zone1 in this case), not the client selected zone. If you switch back to the thin client, and select your stream to play in the client selected zone (anything other than the server zone), it will play, but if you then switch back to the server screen, it will indicate that it is playing in the server zone, not the client selected zone.

Before going to bed I also set in the xlobby/setup menu to NOT hide the audio players, this way you can actually see which instance the streams are loading to.

To tell you the truth, I never noticed that the server zone never changed when changing control on the client as it has always worked before with other music selects (on the client, select your zone, or in my case source, select your music, and it plays to that zone selected). I still have some old shoutcast databases I think (didn't I send you something?), which I don't believe I deleted...I may have to play some more.

As for the other issue, it's weird because on my music-server, whenever I select a stream for one zone, it changes all the zones to that stream. This does not happen on my test computer, that's why I'm thinking that it is my own setup problem.
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:49 pm

I'll try this this afternoon and get back to you with my findings... At this rate, you'll have me rewiring the house :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Just tried it and you are right, the thin client does NOT change the server zone (I'm currently testing on the prerelease as well) What suprises me is that what I have just set up is 3 buttons using the zone set event. I'm going to try this with a true music db screen and see if it does the same.
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:05 pm

I'm going to try this with a true music db screen and see if it does the same

You will find that it behaves totally different...otherwise our whole philosphy of "whole house audio" would go out the window, and you would just need one instance of winamp outputting to one amp to drive multiple speaker loads. Kinda unjustifies the reason for xlobby period. That's why I said that I don't know how this should be handled because as with normal music databases, it works fine. So I don't know if it is something with Steven's core, or something that you can do with your plugin.

At this rate, you'll have me rewiring the house

And then you can use ZoneSkin4 to control your whole music experience :wink: Don't worry, I'll keep it free forever :lol:

*EDIT*
Okay, I just created a catagory and set it to a database of shoutcast .pls files that I had stored from before. I then took you test skin, deleted all your great work :( and used that new shoutcast cat/database to select my streams. From the thin client I was able to select the proper stream to the proper zone no problems...like it should be. If you need a shoutcast database, let me know, I'll forward it to you via email.

Oh and I should mention that I'm testing on the last free version, so this problem does not seem to be version specific.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:34 pm

I too can confirm the same findings as Marbles and Defrag. Regular client no problems, thin client uses whatever was set last on the "main" client.....this is the same as you right Marbles???
Maybe between the 3 of us we can get this figured out, I am going to try some testing as well from here.

Also remember Defrag, once you Mulitzone you don't go back :D :D :D It's a wonderful thing and easy to get carried away with...ie. rewiring the whole house :D
scottw

PreviousNext