1st Pre-Release Ready to Download

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

1st Pre-Release Ready to Download

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:49 am

Ok so here goes nothing, I can't delay this anymore. It's not perfect, it has bugs but that is to be expected with all the stuff we added. So without further due. Here is the first pre-release.

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2install.exe

List of what is new
+semi-new skin, some old stuff and some new stuff. It's not finished but its a good start
+built in audio player
+built in video player (plays dvds and anything else if you have the right direct show filters installed)
+when your listening to music and you start a movie, the music will pause
+if you leave movie/video that is playing it will pause so you can return and watch it
+streaming internet videos section(diggnation, rocketboom)
+support of firefly remote, MCE remote (I think most mce compatible remotes will work)
+pop in a dvd, and it will play with the internal media player
+volume control will now control the system volume (you will be able to control internal audio volume soon)
+spider will auto download info from imdb with coverart for dvds
+resolution display for spider coverart
+internal sounds, can be disabled be simply deleteing the files in the default skin sounds folder

Let me list a few of the bugs I know about

+I'm using the default microsoft mp3 decoder, but this has some bugs in it regarding vbr mp3s. I've tried my absolute best to work around this bug. Just warning you guys up front.
+fast forward and rewind dont work for non-dvd's

Future things we are working on for the future
+widgets (a widget is both a standalone application and a plugin)
+rs232 support
+3D screensaver showing floating cover art from collection,
+support for more remote controls
+flashing mute button
+eq support

Stuff that got fixed
+spiders updated
+xweathter updated
+rss fixes
+imdb fixe

This version will expires on May 1st I believe, always check the "about" section in F2 to find out. Dont worry this is just the first pre-release, future pre-releases will have a different expiration date.

I'm sure there is more stuff that I am missing, but I'm tired so this should be enough for now. I'll try to reply to questions tonight, but I wont be able to reply to any posts until sunday at the earliest.

So thanks for all the support so far guys and enjoy.
Last edited by stevenhanna6 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevenhanna6

Postby Colby on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:02 am

I am testing it now.
Colby

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:04 am

I saw your other post colby about documentation, I'm working on that stuff right now. Trying to get some kind of structure going so when I add something new to xlobby it will go into a database and get updated automatically.

I forgot to mention, to install the new version. Just do a clean install, you can use your old databases of course. You can use your old xlobby.xml if you want, but it might disable the internal audio player.
stevenhanna6

Postby jowaldo on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:05 am

looks great! i had to reinstall the latest build of ffdshow for xvid stuff to play.. just FYI for anyone out there if they can't get it to play.
jowaldo

Fast download

Postby Keifer1 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:35 am

Very fast download over 1 meg connection. I can't wait to see.
Keifer1

Postby Colby on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:38 am

I know this is just a preview, I am curious if you want bug reports on this as we find them? Also should we go about skinning for this preview release or hold off. There are new cool things I may impliment but if they are not final, then nevermind.
Colby

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:46 am

Colby, I dont think any major is going to change regarding the new events,the video players or the new variables so you can skin around those.

If anyone wants to make a bug post just put it under the bug section saying its for the prerelease I'll try to take care of them as they pop up as time permits. I know there are bugs in the system, and people might point out the ones I know about...but it will give me an idea of where most people are having trouble.
stevenhanna6

Postby sagitaz on Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:17 am

:? :?

go to test this.
Last edited by sagitaz on Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
sagitaz

Beta

Postby Keifer1 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:52 am

I installed on top of a old install, on server and fat client. Have had some things work others crash or seem to hang up. Would you prefer at this time to have people test with clean installs. I have made very few modifications to old install but had a few crashes / report bug to MS errors in music. I will gladly report bugs to you, but might be best to start fresh?
Keifer1

Postby rhinoman on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:05 pm

Couple of questions,

I see we can use multiple versions of the internal music player for zones but how do we assigh the outputs of the soundcard?

Once installed is the new directory portable from one machine to another or should it be installed each time?
rhinoman

Postby samgreco on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:40 pm

Hey Steven,

I hate Mondays as much as the next guy, but I don't think you can make them go away just by skipping them....

:D
samgreco

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:06 pm

on the movies page, you have cover art size + and -. intuitively, since you call it SIZE, + would give you larger cover art and vice versa, but it's reversed. I'm sure that's an easy code change through the skin editor, but thought it odd that you chose that way.

Other than that, so far I like it very much. I've only used it in a very limited way on my laptop as I'm on the road currently, but I do have a couple of movies loaded on this one so was able to test the movie viewer.

Thanks for all the hard work!
cmhardwick

Postby hvs69 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:44 am

A couple of things that don't seem to work which used to work in the previous version:

1. I can't add mapped network drive in the movies folder list

Update: The mapped drives work now. I had to reboot my media
server

2. Plugin Xoapweather is not downloading any data
Last edited by hvs69 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hvs69

Postby rika on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:07 am

This looks great. The new music, movie player is big steps forward. :D
Is the music player able to steam radio? I can’t get it to work, or should I use the movie player to steam radio?
If we could have the angle and fade stuff for covers that would be cool in the cover flow. (Also reflections would look super)
Is it possible to ad buttons on top of the movie player later? I think that would give better skins.
Good work!!! Thanks

Rika
rika

Postby lar282 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:30 am

IMG and iso files doesn't get mounted when using the new play command!

ALOT of overlays are wrong cause the frame is navigation. This makes the skin get stuck when navigating with remote.

I like the new music screens

//Lasse
lar282

Next