Default All shown only when highlighted

Got an idea, post it here

Default All shown only when highlighted

Postby jowaldo on Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:39 am

I'd like to have my music category to show just the cover art, and not have a bunch of text all over the screen showing the names of each album. Instead of having text somewhere on the screen to show info of the currently highlighted album, it would be nice if text (in different layout styles) could show up just when its highlited.
jowaldo

Postby Colby on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:16 am

Jowaldo Im confused by what you mean.

you can have...
show just the cover art,... have text somewhere on the screen to show info of the currently highlighted album

1.Set your music category to default missing.
2.Create a text box(es) with Category>music>variable ie.Genre,Year, Display, Name, Whatever...

Or are you wanting
nice if text (in different layout styles) ..show up when its highlited.

1. Just change the variable in the display box of your category ie %display% %genre% %year% %whatever%

Or am I missing everything, where would these different layout styles show up? I dont understand.
Colby

Postby jowaldo on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:36 am

Sorry I didn't make it too clear... The ways you described is pretty much what I've always had.

What I want is when you choose the default all category layout the info shows up on top of the cover art. I would like it if say just the cover art shows, then when its highlighted, the text shows up _on top_ of the cover art when its highlited.
jowaldo

Postby Colby on Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:34 pm

So youre saying you want a show/hide all for a layout style. So when your cursor is over the selection it shows the text otherwise it only shows the cover. I see. But not much use for that in touchscreen app. No BUMP from me. :) j/k its a good idea
Colby

Postby Colby on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:45 am

2006 and we have this feature Jowaldo, its called default missing 2. What a good idea, someone should have thought of that sooner. :)
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
Colby

Postby jowaldo on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:45 pm

Colby wrote:2006 and we have this feature Jowaldo, its called default missing 2. What a good idea, someone should have thought of that sooner. :)
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

Good to hear this was changed.. :D
jowaldo