CallerID 1.3.2 (Tapi,XaP, Yac) plugin for xlobby www

Xlobby plugin development

CallerID 1.3.2 (Tapi,XaP, Yac) plugin for xlobby www

Postby lar282 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:12 pm

#
http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/XCal ... llerID.jpg
##
CalledID plugin for Xlobby. Looks the caller up on the internet and saves all callers in a XL database.Pops up a message. Dot Net 2.0 is required.
###

Features:
* Call log is written to XL database called CallerID.xml
* XaP input as a parameter(phone number). U can use XPace or something else for the modem application
* looks up the phone number in text file to resolve name and image
* looks up number on the internet. currently USA or Sweden.(will add more if somebody gives me the code)
* Can now(1.3.1) handle Swedish öäå in names
* plugin opens EITHER a overlay and closes automatically after xx secunds(configurable), or it notifies u with a taskbar ballon that closes after xx sekunds
* when a call comes in, the plugin pauses Zoomplayer and minimize it.after the overlay is closed, plugin restores zoom and starts playing again. This is only true if using the overlay not taskbar nofitifaction
* when a call comes in, the plugin minimizes mediaPortal if u are whatching TV.This is only true if using the overlay not taskbar nofitifaction
* only one call per 120sekunds so the same ring ring doesn't trigger twice.
* U need Xap plugin for the whole thing to work.
*Built in TAPI application.
* Works in Sweden.hurray!!!!
*Sends YAC info to YAC server if one is using that instead.
* YAC listner built in if u have the phone set up on another computer and uses YAC.It listnes to yac messages over the net.
* Standalone client included to recieve YAC and zap messages with CallerID. Should be used on machines not running the xlobby.

Instructions:
If you are using XAp plugin in xlobby already. Be careful not to overwrite your existing dll:s

unrar 5 files in xlobbys dir and the rest in the plugin dir(just look in the rar file)
Press F2 in xlobby to setup the plugin.if u are using the TAPI app, u must choose your modem and press register.it's neccessary to restart XL after pressing register.

http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/XCal ... D1.3.2.rar

plugin parameters:
plugin>XCallerID>name
plugin>XCallerID>CallTime
plugin>XCallerID>phonenumber
plugin>XCallerID>image

UPDATE:1.3.2 bugfixes:UPDATE

//Lasse
Last edited by lar282 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 14 times in total.
lar282

Postby ptrinchi on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:26 pm

It will be better if you can looks up the phone number in the Xlobby contact database instead of text file to resolve name and image.
ptrinchi

Postby lar282 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:28 pm

ptrinchi wrote:It will be better if you can looks up the phone number in the Xlobby contact database instead of text file to resolve name and image.

I didn't know that XL had a contact database????

Show me the way..........

//Lasse
lar282

Postby ptrinchi on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:41 pm

If I remember, in the default skin made by steven, you can find a screen for contacts management with a database made for it. It's not a particular one, but it will be nice if your plug search into this database to select an item befor opening an overlay. With this, we could create every additionnal informations in this database to create the overlay we wanted. :D
ptrinchi

Re: CallerID plugin for xlobby

Postby hvs69 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:28 pm

lar282 wrote:Hi guys

I
* when a call comes in, the plugin pauses Zoomplayer and minimize it.after the overlay is closed, plugin restores zoom and starts playing again
* when a call comes in, the plugin minimizes mediaPortal if u are whatching TV.

First, Thanks for initiating this project.

I would like to see the callerID overlay on ZP or any other application that is running in the foreground. I don't like the idea of minimizing the application. I am not sure if it is feasible to enable overlay on the foreground application using Xlobby.

Currently I use a third party freeware called YAC (Yet another Caller ID). It works the way I want with a transparent overlay on the foreground application, network broadcast support and database lookup.

I would switch to Xlobby plugin, if it can support all of the above.
hvs69

Postby lar282 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:32 pm

ptrinchi wrote:If I remember, in the default skin made by steven, you can find a screen for contacts management with a database made for it. It's not a particular one, but it will be nice if your plug search into this database to select an item befor opening an overlay. With this, we could create every additionnal informations in this database to create the overlay we wanted. :D

can't find the screen.See if u have it and let me know the name of it and the database.

//Lasse
lar282

status

Postby lar282 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:13 am

The TAPI application is done now and integrated into the plugin.you don't need Xap to make it work anymore.

Added ReverseLookup for Sweden and USA

Finishing up on the setup and all the options in there

I don't know how to use a XL database since I can't add a item to a database from a plugin so I'll skip this one for now.

Gonna test for a week then release it

//Lasse
lar282

Update

Postby lar282 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:56 am

Added option to have a taskbar notification like YAC has.
A week more of testing then I'll release it.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Mac on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:59 am

Check out this link. I've used it for 2-3 years and it works great.

http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn/callerid_sentry.htm
Mac

Postby lar282 on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:14 am

Mac wrote:Check out this link. I've used it for 2-3 years and it works great.

http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn/callerid_sentry.htm

thanks for the link but it hasn't any TAPI support. Plus sweden is alittle tricky with CID info. Anyway I am done testing my plugin and will release a working version tonite.it has....
* sending yac info
* choose between taskbar or XL popup overlay
* built in tapi application
* will send Xap info
* can recieve xap info if one doesn't want to use the built in tapi app
* call log
* resolve numbers from internet (USA and sweden)

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Colby on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:09 pm

lar282 wrote:I am done testing my plugin and will release a working version tonite.

Great news. I think I may even use this plugin. Lar will there be the ability to link a database or peoples images to the caller id?
Colby

Postby lar282 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:20 am

Colby wrote:
lar282 wrote:I am done testing my plugin and will release a working version tonite.

Great news. I think I may even use this plugin. Lar will there be the ability to link a database or peoples images to the caller id?

Images is already in place but only when using XL overlay, not taskbar notification. Never figured out how to do that!

I wanted to write all CID info to a XL database but ran into problem so it writes it to a txt file. I think the problem was that I didn't know how to add record to the XL dtabase and update it from a plugin. Maybe later..

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:02 am

first post updated with download info
lar282

Postby Colby on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:11 pm

I wanted to write all CID info to a XL database but ran into problem ... I think the problem was that I didn't know how to add record to the XL dtabase and update it from a plugin.

Can the right skin update the database? Meaning I can updated or add to a database using category: variable set. Cant the plugin speak to a the skin somehow and add with the variable set or unset? Do you know what I mean?
Colby

Postby lar282 on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:58 am

Colby wrote:
I wanted to write all CID info to a XL database but ran into problem ... I think the problem was that I didn't know how to add record to the XL dtabase and update it from a plugin.

Can the right skin update the database? Meaning I can updated or add to a database using category: variable set. Cant the plugin speak to a the skin somehow and add with the variable set or unset? Do you know what I mean?

i think that's only an item within, example genre in a movie. One can do it programaticallly but just not me! One of the French guys gave me a C# class but it was way over my head. My hopes are that steven adds an event for it.

Colby did u try the plugin?Did it work for u?

//Lasse
lar282

Next