xOfflineExtender

Xlobby plugin development

xOfflineExtender

Postby defrag on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 pm

Just when you thought it was safe to look away - here comes another one. :lol:

This might not be of any use to most people.. but anyway, I needed it so thought I'd share.

http://www.xlobby.com/files/defrag/xOfflineExtender.zip

What does it do? Well, each media player can only have ONE offline event. This is probably fine for 95% of users, but that doesn't include me!!! I have one location for boxed offline dvds and an indexed trunk for non-boxed dvd's. So I needed a way for the movies to point to one offline overlay and the tv episodes to another (which had the index on it).

The plugin looks at what screen you are on and opens an overlay with the name of the current screen + "_offline". So in my XPro skin I have the movies_offline and series_offline, these are now selected automatically.

So how do you use it? Well in the offline event on the file types tab in setup, just point the offline event to an event pointing to this plugin. There is only one command!!!!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, or don't know what offline events are, then this isn't for you :D

Enjoy
defrag

Re: xOfflineExtender

Postby dalanik on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:29 am

Not a bad idea, but I think it would be more usefull to general XLobby users if it could be expanded to do what it's doing according to VARIOUS criteria, ie. not only the name of the SCREEN but also the name of the DATABASE or name of CATEGORY, or (in my case it would be usefull) the PATH of the video (I have 3 NAS units so if path starts with i.e. "\\NETCENTER01\" it could open 1 overlay, and if it starts with "\\NETCENTER02\" it would open second offline overlay, indicating WHICH NAS to turn on...

Would this be a problem to implement?

Regards,
Dalibor
dalanik

Re: xOfflineExtender

Postby defrag on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:01 pm

I'm on it!!
defrag