Xlobby Locks Up After Changing Skins

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Xlobby Locks Up After Changing Skins

Postby Timon on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:18 pm

I am having a problem with changing the skins in Xlobby. I can only get the default skin to work. I have tried about 4 different skins and no luck. Either Xlobby locks up and I have to reinstall or i just get a black screen and have to revert to the default. I have the right file structure. I place a folder with the skins name in the skin folder (no Nested folders). I have .Net 2 installed. What am I doing wrong? I have tried search the forum but I haven't found anything. please help.
Timon

Postby dgemily on Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:48 pm

make sure to use a correct directory structure... look at there: http://xlobby.incolby.com/Skinning_Xlob ... cture.html
dgemily

Postby Timon on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Stupid question time. If I download a skin and unzip it to a new dir called "new skin" and the zip does not include the sub folders for buttons, database, etc. just all of the files, do I have to then create those sub folders and move the files into them? Move all of the button files into the button folder and the database files into the database file.
Timon

Postby rembetis on Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:16 pm

Sounds like you may be unzipping w/o retaining directory structure. Check your de-compression settings in you unzip software. You need all those files in the same folders as the original.
rembetis

Postby Timon on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:14 pm

rembetis, you might be right. I'll check tonight when I get home.
Timon