xAP3 for Xlobby

Xlobby plugin development

Postby ptrinchi on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:10 pm

Actually, this version accept only one Master target if you're using Standard BSC schema with sub address.

But you can use other kind of message without sub address. Open the actions.xml file, you will find messages for X10 connector. Thoses messages have a fixed target (ersp.X10 connector.XXXXX.*) and the xlobby variable (the subaddress) is given to the ID field like ID=*Xlobby*
Then when you use X10 connector : On in your xlobby event, fill the variable with A1 for exemple, and the plug will replace *Xlobby* with A1 so you will have a message with target = ERSP.X10 connector.XXXX.* and in the first block a line with ID=A1.

The next version will let you give a Master variable (for the master target part) for each device...wait and see :wink:[/b]
ptrinchi

Postby CouchPotatoe on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:55 pm

Ahh - so there is a specific interpretation of *XLobby* based on it being in a standard BSC message rather than the same variable in another schema. . I am thinking that probably people may want to add several variables to use the full potential of xAP. Although the X10 schema for example uses only one (the A2 bit) other schema do use more. Maybe *XLobby1* *XLobby2* *XLobby3* etc. If you do have a Master address (or several) then maybe in the XML the target should be built as *Master1*:*XLobby1* or something. I do look forward to next version :-) this is getting much better all the time. I must also say that the visual interafce you have built using xFX is looking really professional - well done.

I am finding the XLObby bug with regard to wiping the variable field very annoying and quite difficult to manage though . I know there is little you can do about this. (Steven ? :-) )It also has the effect of wiping some commands when you have them saved - if you try and add several commands to one event for example it becomes very hit and miss and often when you add a new one you corrupt others.

K
CouchPotatoe

Postby CouchPotatoe on Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:44 pm

I'm having trouble with the inbuilt hub Pierre. If I launch xAP Viewer before your app it works fine (as the hub) . However if I launch Viewer after your application it (correctly) now acts as a client and your plugin says 'Xlobby is now a xAP hub' but Viewer is deaf (sees no xAP messages , not even its own heartbeat).

HomeSeer curiously however does seem to work OK via the hub in the V3 plugin.

K
CouchPotatoe

Postby CouchPotatoe on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:21 am

Perhaps someone can help me here too....

I have a button - in fact a default one from the 'Simplicity' skin on the lighting page. If I alter the button text to be plugin>xap-xlobby>state>subaddress then I am getting the correct text displayed on the screen but my button outline disappears- all I then see is the text - which changes in realtime and still acts as a button if clicked. How do I get the button outline (shape / click state fill colours etc) back ?

K
CouchPotatoe

Postby ptrinchi on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:56 pm

For the Hub behavior, I will check but I recommend all user to use a standard Hub (like me :) ).
ptrinchi

Thanks!

Postby rbziggy on Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:14 am

Ptrinchi

I thought this plugin looked just the thing to get me into using xAP. Now after much playing around with xAP device plugins etc I've now got it working end to end.

At last I've got a working solution, displaying temperatures logged on a Quasar Electronics, Dallas one-wire unit, onto xAP and now, real time, onto the display on XL. Really neat and something (i.e. the easy display) I've never been able to do before.

Thanks very much and please do keep up the great work.

Richard

(I'm now off to play with XScript to see if I can get XL to intelligently work out when it's (for example) getting frosty and (let's say) issue a xAP text to speech message as a warning. :D )
rbziggy

Installed new mi4 xAP ocx (b) for HomeSeer 2

Postby Jay on Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:56 pm

Now XL xAP3 plugin does not appear. Coincidence? I changed nothing on the XL side.

What should I look for?

I had turned off HS for the plugin upgrade. XL was still running.
Jay

Postby ptrinchi on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:51 pm

Did you use a xap hub ?

If you restart all, will xl and xap3 work fine ?
ptrinchi

Postby Jay on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:12 pm

No, I have never used a xAP hub.

I have restarted both applications and I have restarted both machines -HS2 machine and XLobby machine.

The new version of the HS-side plugin seems to be working as I see the new global device controls.

Perhaps I should reinstall xAP3?

>F2 >Plugins does not show the xAP3 plugin.
Jay

Postby Jay on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:20 pm

OK, my backup copy of XL works fine with the new HS2/mi4 xAP plugin with no changes. Don't know. Maybe it's wise to close all xAP apps when upgrading.
Jay

Postby ptrinchi on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:05 am

May be .... :wink:
ptrinchi

Postby Jay on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:39 pm

More fun today :( Pierre, I don't know whether this a xAP3 or a XL 2.0 .NET issue for Steven.
Today, I brought up XL and could not see xAP3. I launched a backup folder and it worked fine. I then copied the backup folder to XL in the program files directory and launched that. xAP3 was missing in the plugin list there, as well. I went back to my backup folder on the desktop, launched XL and had the same problem. I ran XL from my CD and xAP3 ran fine. I then copied my .NET 2.0 CD backup to both my backup folder and my main folder in program files. Non. No xAP3 in either. I tried running XL from the CD again. No xAP3 from the CD. Oddly now, Nero Drag-to-Disk kept wanting me finalize the CD session for the XL disk. It had been. Killed DtD and had to use a paper clip to get the CD out.

I killed all XL files, rebooted and copied my .NET 1.1 backup into the machine and all appears to be well now.

Could there be some registry item/s I need to delete?

One last item. XL links to the mi4 HS2 xAP plugin and I had killed HS2 before I tried restoring the .NET 2 versions of XL.
Regards
Jay

Postby Jay on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:51 pm

I'm backing out of that post.
Looking at my Admin events log, it appears that XL for .NET 2.0 is the issue. I'm back on 1.1 and have installed the HubGUI.
Jay

Postby drodegeb on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:04 pm

Where do I download the 1.1 version from?
drodegeb

xAP Settings

Postby Bill Lott on Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:03 pm

Can someone verify that I'm using the latest version and have the settings correctly set.

xAP-XLobby.dll dated 10/22/05
hspi_xAP2.ocx version 2.0.0.306

Using the xAP plugin as the hub

in the setup tab "XAP informations" I'm getting a constant stream of messages from 192.168.1.40:1968

message of "output state"
class "xAPBSC.info" from each device in Homeseer.

This list is constantly scrolling.

Is there something in the incoming messages that I need to setup?

XLobby is able to control Homeseer and correctly report device status. but I'm still having major problems with memory usage. If I do not run the plugin, xLobby is solid and runs indefinitely.

When I run the plugin (currently about 50 Homeseer devices that have a "toggle" control in xlobby) xlobby memory usage continues to climb until it shuts my system down.

I have tried several things including removing/reloading xLobby, the xAP plugin, the GUIHub, .net framework, and the Homeseer plugin. I've also tried limiting the number of devices and not including the png files. I continue to have the runaway memory problems. If I watch the task manager xLobby usage grows every couple of seconds. If I minimize xLobby it temporarily shrinks the memory usage but it now increases at an even greater rate.

I know this is working well for others and I've tried everything short of reformatting the hard drive that I can think of. I've been fighting this for almost 6 months. I'm beginning to think maybe I've missed something easy in the setup.

I'm really trying hard to get this working as it controls the entire house the wife is rapidly losing patience. Thanks again to all who support the forum, you're help and expertise is greatly appreciated.
Bill Lott

PreviousNext