ZoomPlayer Plugin

Xlobby plugin development

ZoomPlayer Plugin

Postby jji666 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:59 am

Hi - I've seen references to P3rv3rt B3ar's ZPd plugin, but I haven't seen whether it was ever made public.

I'm looking for a way to make thumbnails of about 6000 music videos and have the appropriate links automatically populate the coverart database. Preferably the jpgs could be in a directory separate from the videos themselves but I am open to multiple options. From what I've read, the ZPd zoomplayer plugin should do this.

If anyone has any other ideas as to how to populate screen-cap images for so many music vids, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks
jji666

Re: ZoomPlayer Plugin

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:21 am

No, it was never made public... but theres another zoom player plugin available though, over french forums i think, never tried though and have no idea about its capabilities.

Auto screenshotting database with coverart is in capabilities of ZPd. but i dont think ZPd can handle such a HUGE databases (my test bases were few hundred vids), inherent from the way it interacts with database (trough xlobby SDK), unless mayby if database is well structured (logaritmic rather linear) balanced tree.

I really hope i can find motivation to finish both ZPd and P&a for release, cause both are lacking so very little... but right now im more interested about another project.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby jji666 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:45 pm

I haven't seen either plugin -- are you willing to share or provide a link to the french zoomplayer plugin? One thing that would be awefully nice would be greater integration between ZoomPlayer and XL -- i.e. track progress bars, ability to control volume, some playlist manipulation, etc.!
jji666

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:29 pm

http://www.xlobby-france.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2441

thats the link to the thread on french forum... there on u have to continue yourself cause unfortunately freedom fries speel better french than i do.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby jji666 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:25 am

Hey Thanks! I just saw you posted this. I will try it out!
jji666

Postby C-moi on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:39 am

you have to create a folder named XZoomPlayer in the plugins folder and put 3 files :
XZoomplayer.dll
and 2 images :
XZoomplayer.png
XZoomplayer_bkgrnd.png
C-moi

Postby Grooby on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:18 pm

Would the Xzoomplayer plugin allow me to launch zoomplayer on my primary monitor (projector) but show now playing progress/elapsed time/progress bar on my touch screen monitor or does zoomplayer have to be intergrated on one monitor?

Andy
Grooby

Postby C-moi on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:03 am

Would the Xzoomplayer plugin allow me to launch zoomplayer on my primary monitor (projector) but show now playing progress/elapsed time/progress bar on my touch screen monitor

you have to use another plugin : XMoveWindow to fix the display window on the monitor you want (i use the dualscreen by nvidia)
C-moi

Postby jji666 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:28 pm

I've been able to have the zoomplayer plugin show up under the plugins list, and have been able to load zoomplayer using the events provided in the sample skin by using the "test" button on the events configuration page. "Clear playlist" also appears to work. But I cannot figure out how to get it to either play a video or add a video to the playlist. These commands don't seem to work. Is the problem that I am using Zoomplayer Pro?

I've tried various permutations of syntax, like creating an event that changes the mode to addmode, and then using the command to add a file, etc., but I cannot get this to work. Can anyone give me an example of a syntax that works to get the current selected category item into the zoomplayer playlist from a button on the overlay that opens when you click on the item in the database? I have the button there, and the event programmed, but I cannot get it to work. With this I will be able to have a bunch of people at a party all contribute music they want into the playlist from various touch panel controls, a killer app, but I can't get it to work!

Thanks!

JJI666
jji666