Altering the XLMP Now playing screen

Help each other out

Altering the XLMP Now playing screen

Postby Wmacky on Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:20 am

Hi,
I've never worked with xlobby skins, and I may have Picked an overly complicated feature to alter! I'm using Badabings XLMP skin for my recently built Audio sever, and will use it for my home thaeater after construction is over. This skin was just what I was looking for, but I have some areas I'd like to mod. The fisrt is the Now playing screen which cycles through 4 backgrounds. I want to change this to a plain black background, and I also want to stop any cycling, as any other mod's require changes be made to all 4 screens. This is what I have found by just snooping around not really knowing anything.

1 The skin editor isn't going to fix this!

2. The "Now playing" button calls a "goto" xml file which seem to loop and call 4 separate "now playing" xml files, each with there own .png background.

How am I doing so far?

The key I think is to alter the Goto Xml file to call just one "Now Playing" XML file. Next, that "Now Playing" xml file needs to be altered to display a black background rather than that Starfield .png file.

Am I on the right track? I'm afraid i'm at a dead end, as I don't know this type of coding. I blindly tried to alter the xml's as logically as I could and kept hosing copies of the skin.

This is as far as I can go. I really need some help at this point! Pretty please?
Wmacky

Re: Altering the XLMP Now playing screen

Postby BaddaBing on Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:54 am

Shut down XLOBBY
Use windows file explorer to go to the XLMP skin directory
Delete the following files: nowplaying_b.xml nowplaying_c.xml and nowplaying_d.xml
Launch XLOBBY
Bring up the skin editor
Go to the screen nowplaying_a
In the Skin Editor, under the Screen>Edit tab remove the enter event
Done
BaddaBing

Re: Altering the XLMP Now playing screen

Postby Wmacky on Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:43 am

Wow! It's worked........ I got inspired And figured out how to set the background to black too!

Thank you so much for the perfect audio server skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've got to tell you. I looked at alot of frontends and alot of skins, and Xlobby, with the XLMP skin just screamed to be used for this application! I vote it the best!

Look how good it looks on my new audio transport:

I'll go ahead and ask the second question, but I'm not sure if it can be done? These HTPC touchscreens are screwy. It's a wide 15:9 format but with a 800x600 rez. Can you imagine what happens to the album art? The screen permanetly stretches everything. Is there a way from within the skin to change the displyed aspect ratio of the album art so that it doesn't get stretched? IE I need the art to be displayed skinny intially so that when streched by this goofy touchscreen it become a normal square. If not I will have to alter every single .JPG I may have to live with it as a may add a coffee table touchscreen "command center" like you did in my theater.

Thanks again
Wmacky