Refresh Database event

Help each other out

Refresh Database event

Postby slaman on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:35 am

Hi all,

I am trying to have a button on a skin screen that allows the user to "refresh" the music database. Essentially, I want to be able to emulate pressing F2, going to Databases, clicking on "music", and pressing the Import button. When I tie a button to the event under category>refresh with "music" as the parameter. Nothing happens...

Any ideas?
slaman

Re: Refresh Database event

Postby mememe on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:07 am

This may be a silly question, but is there actually new content to be added to the database? If not, then refreshing it won't do much except for look for naming changes and such.

Also make sure that you are assigning the event as skin>music>refresh database , and that should work properly.
mememe

Postby slaman on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:48 pm

mememe wrote:This may be a silly question, but is there actually new content to be added to the database? If not, then refreshing it won't do much except for look for naming changes and such.

Also make sure that you are assigning the event as skin>music>refresh database , and that should work properly.

Yeah, I just tested that by removing an album... pressing the button (which pointed to skin>music>refreshdb, but I changed the name to what you suggested), and nothing happening. I pressed F2, pressed import, and it added the deleted album back.

the "refresh" event in category is what I want to be using correct?
slaman

Postby mememe on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:13 pm

There is already an event for what you want to be doing. You shouldn't have to be naming anything.

open the skin editor
select the button you want the event tied to
click assign
navigate to skin, then, music, then database refresh
double click "database refresh" to assign it

That is the event assigned to the default xlobby skin for refreshing the database. Unless you are using a category named something other than music, it should work without modification. If you are using a different name for your category for some reason, then expand the "database refresh" part and click on "refresh" and input the correct category name. Make sure you are using the category name, and that that category is linked to your music database.

mememe

Postby slaman on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:56 pm

mememe wrote:There is already an event for what you want to be doing. You shouldn't have to be naming anything.

open the skin editor
select the button you want the event tied to
click assign
navigate to skin, then, music, then database refresh
double click "database refresh" to assign it

That is the event assigned to the default xlobby skin for refreshing the database. Unless you are using a category named something other than music, it should work without modification. If you are using a different name for your category for some reason, then expand the "database refresh" part and click on "refresh" and input the correct category name. Make sure you are using the category name, and that that category is linked to your music database.

Wow, that was weird. I deleted the event, and created it again - this time it worked. Guess something was corrupt - thanks for the help!
slaman

Postby mememe on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:42 pm

No problem. I'm glad you got it working.
mememe