Cant use any skin but Heavy Metal

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Cant use any skin but Heavy Metal

Postby oakoen on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:22 pm

I have a couple of questions.

1. When ever I try to use any skin but the default or the heavy metal one I get a black screen. Why?

2. How do I get movie info to show up on the movie detail screen when a movie is selected?

Thanks for any input.

John

Btw. I love this product. I am very new to it but love how this thing works. I have it on 2 computers, one by the couch with a 10" touch screen that I use as a remote for my HT and one on my main pc which I use to play music and watch movies/photos on the my tv.
oakoen

Re: Cant use any skin but Heavy Metal

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:33 am

When ever I try to use any skin but the default or the heavy metal one I get a black screen. Why?

Most likely you aren't extracting the skins to proper locations. They should be xlobby\skins\"skin name". If you are creating a directory then extracting into that directory you may find xlobby\skins\"skin name"\"skin name". If that is the case, just copy the contents from the second skin name into the first skin name. You won't have this problem with the default skin as it is automatically place during install. I haven't used the Heavy Metal skin in a long time, so I don't remember how it is extracted.

How do I get movie info to show up on the movie detail screen when a movie is selected?

How are you creating your movie database? Using Ant/XAnt, DVD Profiler, or manually entering data? If using Ant/XAnt, or DProfiler, and your database is being called properly in the skin, then most skins are already setup to show these details. Please let us know more so we can understand how far you are.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby oakoen on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Marbles,

Thank you for replying. I really I cant believe the skin thing was actually what you said it might be. I feel very small right now. (hanging head in shame)

As far as the movies go, I have been trying to manually update the library but have not had much luck other then being able to view the cover art and watch the movie.
oakoen

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Don't feel too small, we all started at one point. If you read through the forums you will soon realize that you aren't the only one who that has happened to. Besides, you should see some of the questions I have asked in the past.

As for your movie question. All information is extracted from the database (as you most likely have seen). The easiest thing to do is use DVD Profiler, or ANT (Ant Movie Catalog), and catalog your movies. I don't have experience with DVD Profiler, but with ANT I do. You then use the XAnt plugin, and follow the instruction doc (English version is available). So what this all does, is ANT will fill in movie descriptions, titles, actors, dates, directors, coverart, etc. The XAnt plugin will extrapulate this info and create a database using the proper fields. Then when you go into the movie screen, and select a movie, you will get all this info (depending on how you skin the screen). DVD Profiler operates basically the same way, but as mentioned, I haven't used Profiler before so if you went that route, I couldn't help ya, but there are plenty here that could.

Hope that helps.
Marbles_00