Grocery list plugin?

Xlobby plugin development

Grocery list plugin?

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:04 pm

I'm not going to pretend to be a programmer, so writing plugins is not my thing, but if someone may be interested, has anyone ever thought about doing a grocery list plugin? It would help bring Xlobby into the kitchen along with the Mealmaster database converter found elsewhere in the forums. I was thinking of something like having a database created of a list of foods within the kitchen, and then the ability to check them off when needed. This would then get printed upon request and voila, a grocery list for the week.

Wonder if there is an interest in this?

David.
Marbles_00

Postby Naylia on Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:48 pm

My gf wants a plugin that talks to the fridge to tell us when we need to buy stuff :) But this might be a good first step.
Naylia

Postby dgemily on Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:27 pm

if you find a good web site, maybe you can use the xlobby spiders fonction to do it .... I'm doing it, but for french web sites... right now I have not a lot of free time but I have a lot of spiders....
you can use a search fonction ( you can also build more than 1 spider for an advanced search fonction) there are a lot of web sites where you write your ingredients then it will propose to you a list of receipts and maybe a picture ;) )

an other solution with spider fonction is to do it without search fonction, you build some spiders, one by categories (or ingredients or country etc... it's depend of which web site you asking...) then via xlobby (on a screen) you select the spider(s) that you want to execute it and it propose to you a list of receipts....

you can also combine more than one web sites by asking more than one spider in one time...

the only thing that we can not "really" do. is to save the receipts that you want to keep...
I already asking steven, in the "Feature Requests" section, to give us the possibility to add an item in a database using an event, that will be perfect for this application too... but steven seem to have a lot of staf to do ....

later
dgemily