XAnt strange rebuild behavior

Xlobby plugin development

XAnt strange rebuild behavior

Postby cooldog on Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:55 am

Badubo &/or dgemily,

Just when I thought I had a handle on all this, something has gone wrong.

A couple of weeks ago it seems, XAnt quit rebuilding movies.xml on startup. Also, if I use the event editor to test the plugins->XAntMovie->Rebuild(Movies) command, the movies.xml database file is completely deleted.

I am convinced that there is some particular data in one of my AMC movie records that is causing xant.dll to silently bomb out.

Is there any way to get some debugging info to find out what the problem is?

Thanks,
Paul
cooldog

Re: XAnt strange rebuild behavior - more info

Postby cooldog on Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:15 am

Ok, I did some more troubleshooting. Believe it or not, it is the presence of a jpg cover for the DVD that breaks the export process.

The jpg file is found here: http://www.roninfilms.com.au/images/photos/originals/000534.jpg

I store photos in separate files in my catalog directory. I used to use the "formatted movie name" method, but switched to the movie number method of storing them. I do use the catalog name, "movies" as the prefix.

I've tried pretty much every combination of these settings, and they don't seem to let XAnt get through the rebuild process, even if I store the jpg in the catalog itself.

If that jpg file is in the movie's record, the process fails to rebuild the movies database.

Very, very, very strange ....
cooldog

Re: XAnt strange rebuild behavior

Postby cooldog on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Yet more info: previously, I had XAnt and AMC storing the jpeg files in the same directory (originally, I did not understand that Xant was going to make copies of the files).

Splitting the XAnt image directory away from the AMC image directory seems to have made this odd problem go away.
cooldog