help with x10 and xl

Help each other out

help with x10 and xl

Postby XLRETARD on Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:15 pm

well my screen name says it all!

i have been messing around with xl for about a week now and i have designed my ultimate touch screen skins now all i need to do is to be able to touch the button on the screens and have them activate my x10 devices. please if any one can help me set these comands up, i will be indebted to you for life.

thanks in advance
XLRETARD

Postby justonemore on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:06 pm

What are you currently using to control your x10 devices. I have it setup to work with homeseer. There's a plugin for Homeseer and a plugin for xlobby.
justonemore

Postby XLRETARD on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:59 pm

justonemore wrote:What are you currently using to control your x10 devices. I have it setup to work with homeseer. There's a plugin for Homeseer and a plugin for xlobby.

well actually i am not using anything with the computer right now. i did install the activehome software that came with my cm12 and tested it out and it activated my all of x10 stuff just fine, but the screen was uglier than a mud fence, so that is why i thought i would try xlobby.

thanks
XLRETARD

Postby justonemore on Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:40 pm

Ahh. I asked on this board some time ago if there was a way without homeseer being involved. I hadn't gotten a response though.
justonemore

Postby XLRETARD on Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:14 am

justonemore wrote:Ahh. I asked on this board some time ago if there was a way without homeseer being involved. I hadn't gotten a response though.

well lets see if we can't get someone this time to help out

please please please please :D
XLRETARD

Postby justonemore on Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:36 am

From what I gather......(which usually isn't much)

If you want to use xlobby to control x10 devices, you need to use what's called xAP. The problem is that x10 devices THEMSELVES do not create or receive xAP messages. What you need is a home automation program that can basicly do the translations from xAP to powerline, and vice versa.

Anyone feel free to chime in here and correct me if I'm off base.
justonemore

Postby kjheu on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:46 am

There is an X-10 plugin for girder that is compatable with the CM12. So girder can talk to the CM12, and XLobby can talk to girder. From the Girder plugin page:
X10 - CM11A / CM12U 1.5 Send/receive X10 commands using the CM11A and CM12U controllers.
You can still find the free version of Girder available on the net for download.
kjheu

Re: help with x10 and xl

Postby lar282 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:20 am

XLRETARD wrote:well my screen name says it all!

i have been messing around with xl for about a week now and i have designed my ultimate touch screen skins now all i need to do is to be able to touch the button on the screens and have them activate my x10 devices. please if any one can help me set these comands up, i will be indebted to you for life.

thanks in advance

One of the USB X10 devices work out of the box with Xlobby.Don't know which one.Scheck out the default skin.Steven has a light screen in therre with basic commands. If not, just download the XAp3 plugin and the X10 ap services.this is how I use it.

xAP X10 Connector xAP enables CM12U and CM1x PC interfaces. xAP X10 Connector
http://wiki.xapautomation.org/tiki-inde ... +Connector

the Xap3 plugin is in the plugin forum

//Lasse
lar282

Postby ptrinchi on Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:21 am

Hello,

If you want to control X10 devices with XL and of course get them status back to display on your skin, you have to use the XAP protocol. This protocol allows multiple applications to speak each over. For XL, the XAP capabilities are made by the XAP3 plugin. First you have to install it. Then you have to make a choice; witch application will interface to your x10 devices? If you want to use HomeSeer then install the XAP plugin for HomeSeer (available here http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/ptri ... rtest2.msi). If you won’t, you can install the “ERSP X10 connectors” you can download it here http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/ptri ... ector_(GUI).msi It’s a direct X10-XAP interface.

With this X10 connector, to add an action in your skin, you have to create a new event plugin and command type with “xAP-Xlobby” in the field plugin, “x10 connector : xxx” in the field command and variables like A1 or C3 . Then you can display state in a text zone with “plugin>xap-xlobby>state>A1” for example.
ptrinchi

Postby XLRETARD on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:25 pm

First off thanks a million to all who have replied!!!!!!!!

second as my screen name implies :oops: all this xap, gui, girder stuff is like a totally differant language. can any one walk me through or is there another thread, or help section that can actualy walk me through the instalation and set up of these applications, please excuse my total ignoance on this topic but we all have been at this state once b4, and trust me all of this help is greatly appreciated. and as soon as i have done it once it is burned into my brain and no more stupid questions i promise.

thanks again :lol:
XLRETARD

Postby andymorgan1 on Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:44 am

Hi...if you are planning to use homeseer (which I highly recommend!!) check out the xap-xlobby to homeseer thread on the first page of the support thread on this board. It certainly helped me out heaps

Cheers

Andrew
andymorgan1

Postby ptrinchi on Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:50 am

If you want information about XAP read this (http://www.xapautomation.org)
You will see that XAP allow applications to talk together simply and that XAP can do more than manage X10 devices. Actually with XL and XAP I monitor my incoming mails, activate my x10 devices, show all my devices status, make XL speak and get the temperature of all the room.

With the explanation I will give, you won’t need anything else than XL plugin and X10 connector to manage your X10 devices (those two application are free). It’s the first step, when you will know more about the use of XAP protocol, you will be able to interface XL with other X10 applications like HomeSeer that I recommend too.

First you have to make XL XAP compliant. Download and unzip the Xlobby plugin (http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/ptrinchi/xAP3.zip).
Then download and install the X10 connector plugin (http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/ptri ... ector_(GUI).msi)

Test 1:
- Launch Xlobby
- Launch your x10 connector
- Go to the XAP3 configuration (in XL, press F2 then go to plugin tab, select xAP-Xlobby and press the configuration button)
- In the first tab (xap information) on the left tree, you will see all the applications with XAP capabilities and on the right list all the XAP messages the applications sends together.
- X10 connector must appear on the left tree (wait few minutes to let the two applications known about each other). If not, XL won’t see X10 connector and won’t talk to it.

Test 2:
- Plug a X10 device like a AM12 with address A1 for example.
- In the events manager, create a new event with plugin and command type.
- Select “xAP-Xlobby” in the plugin drop down list
- Select “x10 connector : on” in the command drop down list
- Put A1 in the “Variables” field (Don’t forget that XL have a bug, the Variable field is lost and need to be reenter a second time)
- Press the Test button but not the button under the variables field (an other bug) press the button under the Events tree (between Delete button)

Test 3:
- Create a text zone in XL
- Go to the skin editor, item tab and text tab
- Put plugin>xap-xlobby>state>A1 in the text field, you will see the state of this device.
- create two images (A1.ON.PNG and A1.OFF.PNG) under plugin\xap-xlobby directory
- create a other test zone in your skin
- Put plugin>xap-xlobby>image>A1 in the text field, you will see the image of this device.

Welcome in XAP world and enjoy!!!!
ptrinchi

Postby lar282 on Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:13 pm

Did u try the built in X10 support in Xlobby yet??? Maybe that's a good starting point if your x10 device is supported
lar282

Postby XLRETARD on Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:02 pm

ok now im totaly angry, frustrated and ignorant, i have down loaded every possible plugin for the xap-lobby and when i go into the setup(f2 button) and go to plugins the only things that are in there are "usb-uirt, 2 xweathers, and cdex" so i guess my question would be........where should i have unzipped all of the xap stuff to? the plugins folder right?

i have actually spent about 2 hours re-locating the xap stuff into differant folders and it still doesn't show up. sorry for being a pest about this but there isn't any other programs out ther that have the same features as this one does.

if it is out there i would gladly pay for this program that is allready loaded with all the plugins so all of us lame-ohs have to do is just type in the addresses of the lights we want to be turned on and off, change the skins to what we like and "BLAMO" its up and running. any way thanks to all who have replied to this thread.
XLRETARD

Postby lar282 on Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:22 pm

Download
http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/ptrinchi/xAP3.zip

6 files goes in the root of xlobby dir and the directory plugins,well just copy it to the xlobby root. the u should see the plugin. Wihout the 6 files in the root it wont work.Or just unzip the whole thing in the root of xlobby dir and u are set to rock and roll. then u need the x10 Xap app too. either the service or the GUI one. I recommend that u start with the GUI to SEE that all is OK.

Take it step by step and if it doesn't work, just let us know exaklty what u did and well help u

//Lasse
lar282

Next