MediaX2 skin

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

MediaX2 skin

Postby QTips on Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:53 am

This skin is optimized for using with a widescreen projector/TV and a Firefly remotecontrol.If you have another remotecontrol just edit the girderfile to correspond your remote.Every category in the skin has browse up/down to scroll so it shall feel logic to use.All pages has been built up with shapes with a alphalayered image over so it has endless possibilitys to do new themes with it.
I shall try to explain how this skin work page by page but first you must setup the skin right.

1) open your fontfolder and install the fonts so the skin will behave like it should.
2)feed girder with the girderfile implemended with the skin
3)start Xlobby
Default the remote will control music but as soon as you start a movie or shall watch TV it will change to operate that.This is done with girder

Opening screen:
loadingscreen......

Main menu:

Music:
Here you browse trough all yours cd's.
default is that you just browse around and play songs as you select them.

Musicplayer:
Because this skin is based on use with remote,buttons for play,pause,skip is not needed,but just in case it has a overlay musicplayer so the boys with touchscreens have an option too

Albumopen:
When you open a CD you will get detailed info about that album.Now you have more options to do.You will now either just play it or start build a playlist.Pressing the "que" button will swith to playlistbuildermode so you can create your own playlist.

Download cover:
pressing the "cover" button will automaticly search for cover and let you choose which to use.Just select the cover you want and it will be automaticly saved and bring you back to your selected album.
(Note that the keys don' work yet so you must use keyboard to adjust your search)

Movietrailers:
This page using Jonathan's Apple Movie Trailer Database Import Utility.
Press update and let this beast get over 700 trailers ! this will bring you lots of movietrailers to watch.
(Note that this need Mediaplayer Classic)

Webcamera:
My hometown and a boat.
Just edit the webcamdatabase for add/change cameras

RSS News:
Here I created a category that look's like buttons so you can add as many RSS links as you like.

Weather:
shows either good or bad weather :)

Weather forecast:

Movies:
Here we also can take adventage of the powerful xlobby to get the best movieviewing experience.It also taking care of switching registersettings for PAL/NTSC
I have it setup with Zoomplayer and the new Theatertek 2.02
So if the movie is a complete DVD on harddisk or in dvddrive xlobby will start Theatertek and play the DVD.If it is a ripped divX/Xvid movie xlobby will first play a random movietrailer then play the movie.

Themes:
Here I have made it ready for creating themes
it has a few implemented but the look is awful :)
hopefully in the future we can switch themes within the skin itself

Filebrowser:
here you can start any file you like or delete them

Settings:
This screen controls powerstrip and ac3filter so you must install them for this to work.
Remove/add things here for your own needs.

Download:
http://www.xlobby.com/files/qtips/Media ... 24x580.zip

Enjoy :)
QTips

KILLER JOB...

Postby kolemieux on Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:48 pm

I am grabbing ASAP - any provisions as I am looking into what it would take to sort/filter movies via. Genre, Rating and the like..

Man - GREAT WORK!!!

Thanks for your efforts...
kolemieux

Postby Colby on Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:21 pm

I am looking into what it would take to sort/filter movies via. Genre, Rating

You can do this now with either sort filters or custom sort filters.
Colby

Filters

Postby kolemieux on Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:58 pm

Colby - thx for the reply - I don't want to bother u on this but is there a quick tip to guide me with this one, I will likely try and clone one of my screens or add a button? I know I should just read to figure it out but thought I'd ask a pro.

Also - Colby - is there a way possible to use the graphic Image of say like PG, R, PG-13 and Sound qualities vs native text within a movie decription? Was not sure if this can be done or not.

Thanks again

Colby wrote:
I am looking into what it would take to sort/filter movies via. Genre, Rating

You can do this now with either sort filters or custom sort filters.
kolemieux

Colby ?

Postby kolemieux on Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:00 pm

On the ratings topic - I've seen what several have done that rather than using a button for each command, they use a Font Set within the button to display the play, pause, and such. Can this be done? Can u inject a .jpg into a font table like that and use this route?
kolemieux

Postby Colby on Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:52 pm

1st. I will be documenting custom "tags" and adding additional graphics to databases. You can create database tags in the database editor with the "set info here" to be c:/whatever.jpg. THen you can make your ratings display the pg-13 or whatever symbol (im currently setting this up in my skin) as I did with the dts, dolby digital images.

2nd You would need a font editing program if you wanted a custom font. You cant really just "inject a .jpg into a font table". If you have a font, with all the icons you would use for a skin, then you could just use type over a blank image and it would render as a button. If only such a font existed. :wink:

3rd Kolemieux I am going to mock-up your sort filters and send you. email me with your address.

4th. Sorry to hijack your thread Q. Your skin looks great!
Colby

Postby Aaron on Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:00 pm

Q,
This looks GREAT!

Did you make it possible to change the backgrounds of each screen "section"?
I'd like to add some color :)
Aaron

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:07 pm

Great you guys like it :)
My goal was to make it as customizeable as posibel so yes you can change backgrounds on each screen independently.
And I have used much time to get it as bugfree as possibel too so plz let me know if you find any
QTips

Colby ...

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:26 am

Colby - thx a ton for your assist - u can email to me @ mailto:ckolibab@hotmail.com

THANKS!!!!

Colby wrote:1st. I will be documenting custom "tags" and adding additional graphics to databases. You can create database tags in the database editor with the "set info here" to be c:/whatever.jpg. THen you can make your ratings display the pg-13 or whatever symbol (im currently setting this up in my skin) as I did with the dts, dolby digital images.

2nd You would need a font editing program if you wanted a custom font. You cant really just "inject a .jpg into a font table". If you have a font, with all the icons you would use for a skin, then you could just use type over a blank image and it would render as a button. If only such a font existed. :wink:

3rd Kolemieux I am going to mock-up your sort filters and send you. email me with your address.

4th. Sorry to hijack your thread Q. Your skin looks great!
kolemieux