InTheaters plugin via XScript - Discontinued

Xlobby plugin development

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Updated...
Fixed the showtime regexes - they were dropping some showtimes in certain situations.
Added some error handling when downloading URL's from movietickets.com - @#$@# ads!

v2.2 06/03/2006
Steven’s Simplicity Default skin files & script:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... eaters.zip
(No changes were made to the skin files, so if you already have them you can just download the script.)

InTheaters_GetMovies script only:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:11 pm

epitaph - Thanks for kudos! With regard to not downloading except in the event of a change, it would be tough to do and probably wouldn't speed things up very much. I still have to get the movie info URL from movietickets.com and then parse the showtimes (which is the slow part). The other movie information goes pretty quickly. Stills do take a little time as I search movies.com and download the media URL from there, but I don't redownload any stills that already exist.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby epitaph on Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:36 am

No problem, i figured it would be a pain and what not. but dont get me wrong im not complaining, this is a excellent plugin, i use it every friday ;)
epitaph

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:27 pm

tswhite,

I'm not sure if it is just me, but it would appear that the ratings system does not work anymore (since going to movietickets.com). My text line is the following:
Rating: %Xintheaters>rating%

Genre, runtime, stills, plot, coverart all still work, only ratings.

Small, minute problem, as ratings are usually subjective to the viewer. :wink:
Marbles_00

Postby epitaph on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:33 am

is this hard to write? i was wanting somthing similar but to grab new dvd rentals from http://www.rogersvideo.ca/newreleases/newreleases.asp which is my movie store.
epitaph

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:20 pm

Marbles_00 - Ratings are still working (at least for me)...

Edit: Canadian heh? I forgot :wink: , for some reason movietickets.com doesn't show ratings on the movie info pages if you have the "version" set for Canadian English!

I just sent customer service at movietickets.com the following (http://www.movietickets.com/cs.asp), you should send them something similar. I'm guessing they just left the code off that version of the page:

The website does not show movie ratings on the movie info pages (Canadian English). It shows it on the theater movie listing page, but when you click on a movie there is no rating listed! Can ya'll please add the rating to the movie info pages so I don't have to keep clicking back and forth to see the rating?!

good luck,
tsw
Last edited by tswhite70 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tswhite70

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:23 pm

epitaph - It definitely took some work, but in general it was just time consuming. See if you can write a direct spider for the site (see the Spider thread in Tips&Tricks). If the site is "spiderable" then you may be able to modify my code (or write your own) to get the info you want...

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:53 pm

Thanks tswhite for looking into this and letting me know what's up. I forwarded them the request too, hopefully that will do it.
Marbles_00

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:52 pm

Updated...
Fixed the showtime regexes - when a movie has a theater but no showtimes the script would error.
Looks like movies.com changed the html on the multimedia page where the script gets stills - fixed.

v2.3 07/01/2006
Steven’s Simplicity Default skin files & script:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... eaters.zip
(No changes were made to the skin files, so if you already have them you can just download the script.)

InTheaters_GetMovies script only:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby hvs69 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:34 am

I cannot see the stills anymore ?

It is enabled in the script. Any Ideas ?
hvs69

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:42 am

Are you using v2.3 released yesterday? See post above yours...

tsw
tswhite70

Postby hvs69 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:59 pm

tswhite70 wrote:Are you using v2.3 released yesterday? See post above yours...

tsw

Thanks. Somehow I missed your post. I will try ver 2.3
hvs69

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:41 pm

tswhite,

Sorry to bother you. I haven't used the script for a while, but now I've been setting it up in a new skin and I've noticed the same thing as hsv69, who posted the same problem in July. I can't get stills to show either. Not all the movies have them downloaded, but for the ones that do, they don't show. I have script version 2.3 (dated 7/1/2006), stills are enabled in the script and my text line is:
Code: Select all
category>Xintheaters>stills

Has somthing changed?

Thanks in advance.

*EDIT* Reading over your previous post, I would take it that movies.com ended up changing around their HTML yet again...breaking the link for stills.
Marbles_00

Postby hvs69 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:11 pm

I can confirm that the stills do not work anymore on the new downloads.
hvs69

Postby tswhite70 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:43 pm

I'll check tonight - it was working this weekend, but I can't remember exactly when I ran my last refresh.

I've been working on the next big version change, progress has just been slow. It is still probably a month away from release but the highlights for the new version are:

Xpath queries direct to Itunes to get the trailer links
    Fuzzy string matching for trailer links (Levenshtein Distance)
    Configurable Trailer/No Trailer indicator variable
    Multi-Level DB for filtering by Theater and Showtime
    Plugin requires XscriptNG now (so I could define my own classes for the DB changes above)
    Purchase link variable to MovieTickets.com for showtimes available for online purchase.
    Configurable Purchase/No Purchase indicator variable
    Extended search option (details, cover, stills) for those hard to find movies playing at the local "Artsy" theater

I'll try and update the current version tonight to fix the stills...

tsw
tswhite70

PreviousNext