Dragon skin www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby mikeyboy911 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:19 pm

I'm running out of superlatives to describe your help :D :D :D

You should write 'How To ' guides for a living - each time I'm up and running in no time!

Thanks again, and I'm sure others will benefit greatly too

Regards

Mike
mikeyboy911

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:49 am

I finally started using the skin on my test system, can you point me in the direction to get the menu to be shown all the time instead of it disappearing? That would be great for me!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby rika on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:41 am

Sure. Dowload this: http://www.xlobby.com/files/rika/div/dragonxml.rar
change these .xml files in the skin

Rika
rika

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:24 pm

Thanks so much! And great job!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:49 am

Hi, im newbie...

downloaded xlobby few days ago. First of all i have to say i like soft and dragon skin a lot. I ended up modding skin a little to better suit for my purposes, and now i have couple newbie questions to make most out of my mods. Here we go:

I wanted to upload screen shot, but it seems that this forum doesnt allow, or mayby i just have to familiarize myself with this forum soft. Anyway, instead of picture i try to describe my small mod with thousand words...

In page which shows details of movie, i added 3 buttons, one for trailer (simple enough), second one for imdb (simple too) and third one for OST (here i run into some probs) of movie.

First problem: i use event "play file" with OST button to load m3u playlist, which contains tracks of OST album, to winamp. Now the problem is that this way next song button doesnt work, weird thing is that if u switch to underlying winamp u can see that playlist is loaded correctly and winamps next song button behaves correct way. In this way i only get to listen following song in OST if i wait earlier one to finish. Any suggestion to remedy the situation? Is there some way to reference from one database to other? so that if user has selected certain movie, i could programmaticly select corresponding album from music database and then i could just replace play file with play album event??

Second problem: There corresponding IMDb page for every movie of mine... but this is not necessarily case for trailers and OSTs in my changer or HD. So im curious to know is there some way that i could make button ineffective based on database entry? im aware that there is hide button event, but to drive that i would need something like if-clause... does something like that exist? or any other solutions for this?[/img]
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Colby on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:56 pm

This is not my skin but I may be able to help.
... Is there some way to reference from one database to other? so that if user has selected certain movie, i could programmaticly select corresponding album from music database and then i could just replace play file with play album event??

Yes. If your OST (original soundtrack) is named identintically as your movie then you could use the display field of the movie to be a custom search parameter for the music database. So, if you clicked your ost button then it would take you to your album details and you could add, play file, play album, or whatever from there. I wouldnt mess with playlists.
Colby

Postby rika on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:40 pm

I think i need at least one img to be able to help here...

Rika
rika

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:21 am

heres image... hopefully is more descriptive than thoousand of my words.

what comes to the problems:

1. I decided to change the OST functionality so that winamp starts to play playlist immediately when u enter movie details page. I like the way it works now, its defenitely an athmosphere boost. For this purpose playlist is suited very well, even considering that next song functionality is broken, cause it allows me rearrange song order without modifying albums tracknumbers. Cause we all remember a particular movie best from certain song and that one is not always the first track.

However this still leaves out functionality of OST button itself, which I think should get u to music details page of that particular album. Now i tried to do it way u described Colby, but couldnt get it work :( Well instead of using the name for custom search i added both database field imdb (well it already existed for movies), which contain imdb reference number and used that for custom search. But i dont know what im doing wrong. do i have to select album somehow after custom search? Colby could u enter to newbie instructing mode... very slooowly step-by-step...

2. I found out that second problem could be removed with Xscript plugin script. So i made script which queries field in db (ostpath), compares it to empty string and then hides button. BUT i cant get freaking script to work, more speficly i can command xlobby... but just dont get query work :( [/img]
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Colby on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:38 am

Colby could u enter to newbie instructing mode... very slooowly step-by-step...

No. If I did that than people would realize I dont know what I am actually talking about. :)

I will give it a look soon.
Colby

Postby mikeyboy911 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:14 pm

Rika-

Is there any reason your skin or XLobby itself shouldn't work on a Simpad SL4?

For some reason, it works fine on my laptop running XP, but the tablet runs Win CE 4.1 and always says that there's a problem opening XLobby. I'm using .NET 1.1, been on it solid all day and getting nowhere....

Mike
mikeyboy911

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:57 pm

mikeyboy911 wrote:Rika-

Is there any reason your skin or XLobby itself shouldn't work on a Simpad SL4?

For some reason, it works fine on my laptop running XP, but the tablet runs Win CE 4.1 and always says that there's a problem opening XLobby. I'm using .NET 1.1, been on it solid all day and getting nowhere....

Mike

If you have a the xlobby2.exe from the last few months you need to be running .net 2.0 or you will not be able to boot xl up at all. I had a Windows ME machine and had nothing but problems. XP works great with xl especially for thin client apps.
sharp_1

Postby mikeyboy911 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:03 pm

Thanks for the info. I can't load .net 2 onto my simpad as it requires CE4.2 which is not possible without a hardware mod for £75.00.

Does this mean I can use an earlier xlobby build with the dragon skin and get it going? if so, which one?
mikeyboy911

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:26 am

Original musicviewer screen just didnt work for me at all... so i had to move things bit around.

This is what i came up with:

Any comments, suggestions, improvements?

Have to still change red selector bar... but my girlfriend haven't done new graphics yet...

Only function which is now broken is setting favorites, cause i removed dialog to do so... mayby later add some new method to do that...

Still no progress to refer from db a to db b :( damn...[/img]
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby rika on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:40 pm

Thanks for helping me with questions here. I dont have much time on the forum now. All time goes for skining :wink:

mikeyboy911:
This exe should work fine with net 1.1
http://www.xlobby.com/files/rika/div/xlobbynet1.rar

P3rv3rt B3ar:
Nice to see some tweaking of this skin. This is what it´s meant to bee; tweak it to your own likeings

Rika
rika

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:17 pm

rika wrote:
Nice to see some tweaking of this skin. This is what it´s meant to bee; tweak it to your own likeings

Rika

Yes its beautiful skin and still tweakable to somebody without experience like me... Im very anxiously waiting release of your vintage skin, but im afraid that theres no way to do much modding with it...
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext