Button State - Reset All to Default

Help each other out

Button State - Reset All to Default

Postby PhilB on Mon May 19, 2008 11:45 pm

I am working on a zone volume control screen as shown below. I want to allow the user to select a volume setting and have that button toggle from blue to green. I have that working but if another button was already Green, then pressing a different volume should make the others Blue. It is alot of work to have each event to change each button state back to Blue. I would have to program every button for each possibility. Too much work!

Is there a way to reset all Button States on a screen back to default with one event?

any other ideas?

PhilB

Re: Button State - Reset All to Default

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue May 20, 2008 12:17 am

One way I do alot of repetative events is to do them in a text editor and copy and past commands. Then just change the variables that need to be changed. Still takes a while, but cuts alot from doing all the events in setup.
Marbles_00

Postby PhilB on Tue May 20, 2008 1:12 am

I see you have also "suffered" with this one.

I think it would be ideal to have an event called "Button State Reset" and allow a variable that resets a named screen to the default state values.

Wes?
PhilB

Postby wesblack on Tue May 20, 2008 5:35 am

Agreed !, I have had this discussion several times with Steven. We are going to have this in future releases of V3. Before weeks end I will have more details on the next V3 release. We should be able to include the Lighting and Russound services this time.We are almost finished with the time and date scheduling tools. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby scottw on Tue May 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Could you just have one global event called "reset all buttons" with the appropriate set button state for each button (to turn them all blue). Then for each of your volume events just have 3 commands: the first command being "run event" pointing to "reset all buttons" (to turn all the buttons blue), then set the volume and finally set that button green.

Would that work????

Would save you from having to manually set all the button states on each volume event.

Hope that helps!!!
scottw

Postby PhilB on Tue May 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Sort of. Each zone is independent of each other so I would still need to have a "Global Reset" configured for each button on a per zone basis. True it is less work as you suggest and for 1 zone it is manageable but I have 6 zones so it is still alot of work.
PhilB